02 liberty speaker wire colors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > 02 liberty speaker wire colors

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-07-2008, 06:10 AM   #1
orangez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

02 liberty speaker wire colors

i need to know what the speaker wire colors are for the front door speakers of an 02 liberty. thanks mo-fo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonethelunkerl View Post
now all i need to do is learn how to work on my own stuff, that is prolly 5-10 years down the road though
orangez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
apoto11
2013 JK Wrangler 

Can't you just take the speaker out and look for yourself? Why do you need to know this?
apoto11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
orangez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

welcome to the site and thanks for the rude sounding reply. maybe i just misunderstood. sure i can look for myself all day long but the positives and negatives will not be marked, so just taking off the door panel and seeing purple and green wires on one speaker and yellow and brown on the other (made up colors by the way) will not tell me anything. thats the joy of the internet, people helping people, and saving time.

Quote:
now all i need to do is learn how to work on my own stuff, that is prolly 5-10 years down the road though
Unread 05-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
apoto11
2013 JK Wrangler 

Oh ok I understand now. I guess I should have assumed that you were wondering about the polarity. You might want to checkout crutchfield.com. They should have wiring diagrams and such that can help you. Also have you taken them out to look because the terminals on the speakers could be marked.
apoto11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
orangez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

actually, i got the speakers from crutchfield and my buddy that i deal with there, Doc, says that they have no harness plugs for the Liberty. he looked for other year models and stuff but there was none. i took the speakers out when i first got it and put in some MOMO components and then when i decided to sell it 3 months later, i took the MOMO's out and put the stockers back in (one has NO sound coming out and the other sounds like a handful of pennies on a upward firing sub). Instead of selling the liberty we sold my wifes 03 Accord so now we need to replace the speakers in the front doors since its her new daily driver.

i talked to a friend who works the counter at TNT car stereo and she said for me to come by there tomorrow and we could look at a wiring harness for radio installs in Libertys and figure out which ones they are pretty easily. for example, if the bottom 4 wires are them on the aftermarket harness you could look at the wires that they would meet up to if it were plugged together. simple enough. I'll post back in this thread when we get it figured out for people doing future searches.

Quote:
Unread 05-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
orangez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

swapped in the new speakers the other day. there were 10 wires going into/out of that plug on the back of the speaker. found a site that showed me which wires i was looking for. ran new wire from those two to the new Alpines +/-. Then I had to use a torx bit and take the factory amp off of the back of the speaker because it powered the dash and rear speakers. plugged it back in and wrapped it in fatmat and put it in the bottom of the door where it wouldn't rattle. I hated to do that but it had to stay in and there was NOWHERE it would go and the window still function. the fronts are powered by the radio and they sound ok to me. my wife isnt nearly as picky as me, so it's all good. On Monday maybe I will put in a small amp and a 8" sub in a box under the rear seat.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.