ZJ dd build as i go thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ZJ dd build as i go thread

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #106
rlavoie910
2004 WJ 

hey black daddy im in quincy and i work in rockland, where are these trails you keep taking pictures on?

Unread 02-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #107
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlavoie910 View Post
hey black daddy im in quincy and i work in rockland, where are these trails you keep taking pictures on?
they were behind a company called P.A. Landers in Hanover, but no one is allowed out there anymore. there were too many people littering and high school kids were going out on the trails and doing drugs so mr. landers said no more. there are some places down in plymouth and in kingston to do some better wheeling and out in western mass there are a good amount of places to go
IRO 4.5" Lift
35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's

98 5.9
Restored and daily driven
BlackDaddyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #108
rlavoie910
2004 WJ 

niice we should do a trip down to plymouth, theres a ton of trails where im from in nh, but thats a ways away from home
Unread 02-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #109
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

yeah thatd be pretty cool. im trying to fix most if not all of the shortcomings with the zj before i take it out again. right now im planning out some sliders im going to build or have a shop build for me. ive got to replace the rear main seal and the front pinion seal and then ill take it out.
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 02-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #110
rlavoie910
2004 WJ 

good deal, let me know if you need a hand with anything im pretty handy with a wrench, im in the same boat i gotta find a set of tires and do some maintenance.
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #111
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

yeah sure, i work at a dodge dealership so im pretty lucky with all the tools and lifts available when i want/need to work on the heep, its just finding the right timing to do the things that need to get done, i have the rear main waiting to go on, and i have a ton of dana pinion seals, i just gotta figure out which ones are for which axles
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 03-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #112
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

lately ive been contemplating moving up to 4.5". all id need is some uca's coils andtrack bars. i know i can get this done for about $800 which isnt bad. im not sure what i want to do yet. nothing new has gone onto the zj. im replacing the rear main, oil pan, and gasket hopefully this week.
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 04-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #113
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

I just replaced the radiator this week, removed the rest of the unneeded a/c equipment taking up space. condenser is finally gone and the lines and everything. bought an exhaust cutout and finally got around to replacing the two front doors and i replaced the pins and bushing in the hinges before putting them on. much better now, and much quieter driving down the road without the doors being all rusted out. Just ordered 4 kenwood speakers from crutchfield too so things are going pretty good for the zj lately
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 07-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #114
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

bought from Kolak this morning/late last night a set of Bilstein's for a 4" lifted zj, so new coils and track bars and coils are getting ordered next.
if anyone's still paying any attention to this
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 07-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #115
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Jeep should be riding pretty nice after you get those in there...I can't remember, but did you ever get your modded kegger installed?
Unread 07-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #116
hotrodjeeper
1998 ZJ 

I like this set up you got going! The lights, mesh, and wheels all flow together Nice IMO.
Unread 07-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #117
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonericsen View Post
Jeep should be riding pretty nice after you get those in there...I can't remember, but did you ever get your modded kegger installed?
yeah i finished it up after i fixed that stupid knife edging i did to it. it ended up being further trimmed than i wanted to go. when i put it in i put in a 180* thermostat and i just didnt like it that much to be honest. it went higher into the rpm band quicker but for regular driving it didnt have enough low end and i just ended up using more gas trying to get up and goin from stop, so i put the original one back in
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 07-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #118
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjeeper View Post
I like this set up you got going! The lights, mesh, and wheels all flow together Nice IMO.
thanks man, i finally feel like its just about right where i want it to be, for now
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 07-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #119
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Cool, thanks for letting me know...I've been busy working on other things so I haven't done much to the one I picked up.
Good to hear your results.
Unread 07-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #120
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonericsen View Post
Cool, thanks for letting me know...I've been busy working on other things so I haven't done much to the one I picked up.
Good to hear your results.
you might get better results out of yours seeing as i trimmed way too much out. i only paid $15 for the intake and when i sold it i got $60 so i made out pretty good
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.