ZJ dd build as i go thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ZJ dd build as i go thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #46
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

fun stuff...i will probably end up replacing all my bushings sometime this summer (Maybe lift at the same time) but i gotta get the money for it first

Moss Green 95 5.2l zj- 3in lift (2" BB + Upcountry coils), 255 75 R17 BFG M/T on JK Moabs, Durango Airhat, Mopar ECU, Mopar Tire Carrier
vonericsen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #47
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonericsen View Post
fun stuff...i will probably end up replacing all my bushings sometime this summer (Maybe lift at the same time) but i gotta get the money for it first
seems like a common problem, money. if only there were more
i wnted originally to just replace the bushings since those are completely shot but the arms are just so rotted that i might as well just go ahead and replace the whole things
IRO 4.5" Lift
35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's

98 5.9
Restored and daily driven
BlackDaddyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 07:02 PM   #48
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

You can easily get pucks, shocks, and new bushings for the lowers, or just different CA's with good bushings from a JY, same with the end links. That right there is about 300.
Unread 05-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #49
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
You can easily get pucks, shocks, and new bushings for the lowers, or just different CA's with good bushings from a JY, same with the end links. That right there is about 300.
i could do that, im just gonna get all new stuff though. just for 4 new rancho rs5000's its like 190 plus shipping, i bought not too long ago brand new stock replacement rear upper ca's and it was 84 shipped for 2. endlinks with the urethane bushings and all the hardware is 60 from crown for fronts which is really good, they used to be 100 for the kit without hardware. hopefully it wont take too long to save up the money for all this stuff
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 05-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #50
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

like MoonyJohn said, check a junkyard if you can for the CA, that could save you a lot of money, but i wouldn't count on good bushings since all the bushings i've seen on junkyard vehicles are toast, at least where i've been.

Moss Green 95 5.2l zj- 3in lift (2" BB + Upcountry coils), 255 75 R17 BFG M/T on JK Moabs, Durango Airhat, Mopar ECU, Mopar Tire Carrier
Unread 05-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #51
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
like MoonyJohn said, check a junkyard if you can for the CA, that could save you a lot of money, but i wouldn't count on good bushings since all the bushings i've seen on junkyard vehicles are toast, at least where i've been.
yeah ill hit up the jy's first, but i mean for a little more i can get brand new ones from the dealership i and my dad work at. but im not sure on the prices yet. parts dept was closed by the time i got to checking things out
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 05-25-2010, 07:29 PM   #52
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

if they dont cost too much more than go with new ones, i have been trying to browse junkyards first and have had good and bad luck.

Unread 05-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #53
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
if they dont cost too much more than go with new ones, i have been trying to browse junkyards first and have had good and bad luck.
yeah i know what you mean. i seem to have some really good luck with junkyards. i went one day looking for an airhat and found 4 perfect ones, and an orvis with uc springs, which i got the fronts for $20 for the pair and i found a perfect hatch and front doors same color and pinstriping as mine. just gotta get around to putting them on. i found under the seat in an orvis a brand new mopar iac and a new mopar tps so i was stoked
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 05-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #54
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

wow, thats a lot better luck than me. I usually find the part i'm looking for but i have to search all the zj's there to get one that isn't broken...i'm still hoping i might get lucky and get some good tow hooks since the last ones i found were all bent and screwed up

Unread 05-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #55
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
wow, thats a lot better luck than me. I usually find the part i'm looking for but i have to search all the zj's there to get one that isn't broken...i'm still hoping i might get lucky and get some good tow hooks since the last ones i found were all bent and screwed up
last time i went i found three out of the four zj's that were there had tow hooks that were unused, i wanted them sooooooo bad but i forgot my coedless impact gun
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 05-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #56
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

that sucks...this was the first time i had found them at the junkyard and they were all kinds of messed up...might have to go again this weekend and see if i can get lucky and find some since they're having a 50% off sale.

Unread 05-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #57
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
that sucks...this was the first time i had found them at the junkyard and they were all kinds of messed up...might have to go again this weekend and see if i can get lucky and find some since they're having a 50% off sale.
thats a really good day to go, you can save a bum load of money on a day like that. one time i went there was a fresh 5.9 in there and 4 different guys were grabbin what they could off of it. i was disappointed to see a 5.9 junked. someone traded it in for cfc:
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 05-25-2010, 08:16 PM   #58
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

that saddens me too...i haven't seen a 5.9 junked yet, i've only seen a woody there once, but it was in a rollover, other than that i see laredos and surprisingly a lot of limiteds. hopefully i can find some neat stuff when i go, but i'm not going to count on too much knowing my luck. lol

Unread 05-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #59
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
that saddens me too...i haven't seen a 5.9 junked yet, i've only seen a woody there once, but it was in a rollover, other than that i see laredos and surprisingly a lot of limiteds. hopefully i can find some neat stuff when i go, but i'm not going to count on too much knowing my luck. lol
ah well the more you go the more you get the idea of when there will or will not be a bunch of sweet stuff there
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 05-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #60
AJB1985
1996 ZJ 

Coming along nicely, good to see there is other people in Mass building up ZJ's. Where do you take your jeep out if you dont mind me asking. Im actually pretty close to you (kingston) and have a black grand with a bb and some 31 bfg muds

Last edited by AJB1985; 05-26-2010 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: wrong spelling, woops
AJB1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.