ZJ dd build as i go thread - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ZJ dd build as i go thread

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 11-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #151
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDaddyZJ View Post
i wonder why i actually didnt balance them when i mounted them and they drove home rather nicely (their vibrations must be masked by all the other vibes i have haha)
looking closer at the rear fenders today, im not sure where i want to cut. i want to cut it right at the doors but im not sure how im going to be able to make that look good.
Do a cut and fold on the rear- you can cut basically until you only have a small seam left on the rear where the door is. That's how my old ZJ was and it provided enough clearance for my 35's.

Unread 11-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #152
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
Do a cut and fold on the rear- you can cut basically until you only have a small seam left on the rear where the door is. That's how my old ZJ was and it provided enough clearance for my 35's.
thats sort of what i was thinking, i want to follow the line on the rear fenders where it drops straight down like i did on the front to give it a more uniform look, but i doubt that would look good where the door is since the line ends perpendicular to the door.
i guess i could make it just a full on seam from the rocker up to that line at the door and go straight over from there. im not real good at describing it, but i can see it easily in my mind
IRO 4.5" Lift
35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's

98 5.9
Restored and daily driven
BlackDaddyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.