yoshi's wj build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > yoshi's wj build

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
yohshua
2000 WJ 

yoshi's wj build

so I figured i would give this a try and show off my build/fix up to my 2000 wj laredo 4.0 l6

i got her just at the right time back when winter first hit
back then i didnt get much done with the cold was waiting for it to get warmer out

once the weather got warmer first this to do was see why my heat sucks all winter when i went to change my t stat and housing this is what i found,

now the new and old

now this this out the way and all the fluids changed i could move on to the rest of the truck

yohshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
yohshua
2000 WJ 

back when i bought the jeep i had 3 things wrong the driver side fog light didnt come on, the idle was jumpy and the lift gate did not want to unlock
so it was time to take things apart and see what was going on first the fog light should just be a bulb change well this is what i found

this is what the outside looked like

and the bulb

i ended up ordering a new housing and bulb and now all works glad non of the wiring got messed up

now to the idle problem after taking apart the tb looks like all she needed was a good clean up

here's the tb and iac before and after

iac

lucky me but everything turned out to be easy fixes the last one on the list was the rear gate lucky for me as well it was just that the motor cover poped off and all i needed to do was put the gears back in and glue it closed and all work just fine after it
Unread 07-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
yohshua
2000 WJ 

so today it was time to change the old headlight assembly that was cracked in some spots and to my surprise i found some odd things

found this just sitting under the driver side headlight support

and it looks like the owner before me figured a smart way to keep the turn signal bulb from falling out

after getting the new support in i was able to put some new headlights as well the old ones were hazing
Unread 07-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
yohshua
2000 WJ 

had some spare time time to finally get the roof rack to look better it was really showing some wear.

truck looks odd without the rails

got all the parts painted looks so much better now almost looks new again

hopefully next will be my 2inch lift with coils and my bull bar

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.