xJoshxx's Project About Damn Time. Build thread. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > xJoshxx's Project About Damn Time. Build thread.

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 07-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

xJoshxx's Project About Damn Time. Build thread.

Alright i have been on JF here for about 2 1/2 years now and have finally assembled enough Stuff and pictures to put this together.

Ready Set Go!

how i acquired said Jeep a 2000 WJ laredo bought it with 104k miles $7k
Wrecked my ricer civic i bought for 3500 insurance gave me 7k so bam from clown car to SUV.

Youngest picture i have I dont have one without the Brush Guard or the new headlights

Current Repairs and Mods.

I Started this thread long http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/a...89/index3.html to help solve the Lifter tick.
Stillen rotors and pads Along with the Akebono upgrade.

Replaced both Front CV axles and Hubs

Did a Fluid Tune up
Transfer case Fluid
old fluid. super nasty.

Throttle body cleaning
POWA FOAM

Dirty Bastard
YouTube - Amsoil Power Foam 00 WJ

Squeaky clean

i i got that spot i missed.

Power steering
Old Fluid Left Right New Fluid

Kolak Exhaust Woot For my Bday

YouTube - MOV03021.MPG

The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Put New Multifunction switch with the fog lights

Just recently Fixed my A/c For good.

Replaced the accumulator and Liquid Orifice tube.

Rear Tow hook $5 off another Jeeper

Now the moment ive been waiting for 2 years! Ive gotten all my lift parts together in 1 place!

RE Monotubes thanks Kolak.
TeraFlex Springs.
JKS Tracbar-Kolak

IRO Group Buy FTW!

KOR A-ARM spacer and DURO-Meter Bushings

I will be starting the lift this Sunday!
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
Unread 07-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
fender359
1999 WJ 

gnarrrrrrrrlyyyyyy
fender359 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #4
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good man Impressive list of parts. She will ride like a caddy after this.

on a side note: that KOR a-arm spacer looks subpar on finish. Welding splatter looks horrible, and shows a lack of detail oriented I'm sure the part will be awesome but i would expect more from a company like that.

Whidbey4x4.com
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 01:57 AM   #5
JFox21
1996 ZJ 

Nice man! Looks like you've got some work to do. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Sophomore at Santa Clara University
JFox21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 06:24 AM   #6
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgerstandtx View Post
Looks good man Impressive list of parts. She will ride like a caddy after this.

on a side note: that KOR a-arm spacer looks subpar on finish. Welding splatter looks horrible, and shows a lack of detail oriented I'm sure the part will be awesome but i would expect more from a company like that.
i sent him a email with it and pictures he said if i wanted he'll send a new one free,
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
Unread 07-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That sounds awesome. At least he will acknowledge that there was an issue and take care of it. If I were you I would pry just let it roll but it is just good customer service to make an offer like that. Good work KOR

Whidbey4x4.com
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
BLACKzj52
1996 ZJ 

LOL @the title. now give me something to give you hell about..

wait. hey finally you got a lift. way to join the club
My Build Thead
Facebook
Senior at The Ohio State University
BLACKzj52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #9
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

SO i started sunday at around 7Pm and Became Victorious at 12AM over that #@%$$%%^$ Rear Joint.

I used a wire wheel and got about 90% of the surface rust off it. then sprayed it with some rubberized undercoat.

Factory loctite is a pain but nothing a hammer on the wrench cant break loose for ya

used about 1/4 can of kroil under there to help keep the rust dust down. while wrenchin
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
Unread 07-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #10
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
Rear Tow hook $5 off another Jeeper

Tell me more about this, where the **** did you mount it haha
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #11
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaViiK01WJ View Post
Tell me more about this, where the **** did you mount it haha
thats the Factory Rear Tow hook i don't have a hitch so eh.

Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Tow hooks

these are not my photos But are WJ04s

2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
Unread 07-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #12
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

Ah, alright. I think Im getting a hitch here soon so there goes that idea. Thanks!
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #13
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Ive learned something today Don't buy from KOR apparently this GD DAMN spacer is the biggest waste of money ive ever spent the @$%#@%@# holes don't line up You can get the two back bolts in and not the front.

OR you can put the front in and Not the two back ones.

So now because of this inferior assembly Im going to have to drill out the GD Holes So i can Have SOME wiggle Room to hopefully get that 3rd bolt started Serious setback Bull****!

2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
Unread 07-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #14
ajmorell

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
Ive learned something today Don't buy from KOR apparently this GD DAMN spacer is the biggest waste of money ive ever spent the @$%#@%@# holes don't line up You can get the two back bolts in and not the front.

OR you can put the front in and Not the two back ones.

So now because of this inferior assembly Im going to have to drill out the GD Holes So i can Have SOME wiggle Room to hopefully get that 3rd bolt started Serious setback Bull****!

That sucks. Generally speaking they make a good product, but I too have had fitment issues with one of their products and they refused to do anything about. Their "solution" was that I replace another part so that it would fit.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #15
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

You said they'd offered to replace it at no charge, right? Well, I'd call them back and make them be good on their word. If it's an inferior production of a good part, then you deserve the quality part you paid for. They might be going through growing pains, but that doesn't excuse inferior quality control.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.