Wow...new GC gets slammed with bad reviews... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Wow...new GC gets slammed with bad reviews...

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Wow...new GC gets slammed with bad reviews...

It is fugly, no offense to anyone that likes it...

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...162839715.html

Unread 03-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
adavis39
2002 WJ 

thats the new CHEROKEE....not the grand cherokee.....but yes, its a disgrace
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Thanks for the correction...looks like a stretched GC, I don't see it resembling a Cherokee one bit.
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Shoulda made that the new Compass or Liberty. It's built on the same platform as the damn Dodge Dart for God's sake.

I'm not saying the Cherokee needs to be solid axle again (would be sweet though), but at least make it look more aggressive kinda like a smaller, more boxy Grand Cherokee.
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

its still a good bit smaller than the GC. its like a crossover SUV. Ive seen a lifted newest generation GC on the road. with the 2" lift and bigger tires it looks REALLY good IMO. not idea for offroad, but thats not the point of it... but this new cherokee... i doubt any company will make a lift for it. not sure what the stock tire size is, but its TINY. no room in the wheel-well to fit a decent tire.

I AM amazed that the trail hawk GC concept was able to fit 35s. Id love to see that in person.
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
Prickett10
Daddy dubJ

2000 WJ 

What an utter disgrace to the Jeep line! When will this obserdity cease? Liberty, compass, now this abomination hits the black top. What will be left of Jeeps legacy if they continue down this path? Nothing is the answer. Next we will see a hybrid hatchback they will badge as a Wrangler.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #271 2000 4.7L WJ
1980 Ford F100 4.9L I6 <------- My baby

Man makes the weather then stands in the rain and says S*** its rainin
Prickett10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Correct - that's the new Cherokee - I do wish they hadn't chosen the name of a great midsize model for this new-ish design.

The newest Grand Cherokee is a sharp vehicle, and I hear it drives great. Offroad capability is yet to be determined, even the WK took a few years to have any aftermarket support.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
imaguy3
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
I AM amazed that the trail hawk GC concept was able to fit 35s. Id love to see that in person.
They have a GC Trailhawk at my local dealer... Jet black with red accents, looks tight!

http://www.jimclickchrysler.com/new/...c13c9e74bf.htm
Unread 03-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #9
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
Wow.. so the new Cherokee is an awful- looking front wheel drive car that only connects the rear axle when more traction is needed. Great. Now we have yet one more of these useless FWD SUVs that automatically go into 4wd. What a POS if you ask me

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...s-etc-1222317/

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Timo_90xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

So all new jeeps (except JK) will be 4 wheel independent suspension?

fUGLY!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
TeeJay4490
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1973 View Post
So all new jeeps (except JK) will be 4 wheel independent suspension?

fUGLY!
yep

1999 Grand Laredo 4x4: [SIZE="2"]Whats left of a front bumper - JK Saharas' with 33's - 4 in. Rough Country lift - HID conversion - Double cardon conversion - TJ gas cap mod - Recovery points added - Painted cladding and grill - Skid plates - All moog suspension- Roof Rack -CB radio - Cut and trimmed fenders[/SIZE]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjswj-build-thread-1438516/[/url]

[url]http://wjjeeps.com/[/url]
TeeJay4490 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #12
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo_90xj View Post
Wow.. so the new Cherokee is an awful- looking front wheel drive car that only connects the rear axle when more traction is needed. Great. Now we have yet one more of these useless FWD SUVs that automatically go into 4wd. What a POS if you ask me
I look forward to pulling one out of the sand at the Outer Banks. Soooo many people go down there with their 'AWD' SUV's and wagons thinking they are fine in the sand. In sand, the 'traction on demand' comes on too late and you get stuck. Then they are wondering why only one wheel is spinning on their supposed 4WD vehicle...
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #13
SuperStew11
2000 WJ 

Man I was really hoping for them to bring the Gladiator, when I retire my WJ I want to go back to a pick up and have been waiting for the Gladiator ever since I saw the concept. This new Cherokee make me cry on the inside
SuperStew11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #14
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

i love the new GRAND cherokee but the new cherokee looks terrible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.