worth going from a ZJ to a WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > worth going from a ZJ to a WJ

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

worth going from a ZJ to a WJ

Here the deal.

I currently DD a 98 ZJ, 4.0. i know this jeep, and the previous owner so i know its whole story for roughly the last 9 years or so. 183k and counting, no huge issue but it has plenty of quirks.

Not really looking to upgrade,

but today a deal on a WJ came across the table. just over 100k on the 4.0 but it needs a tranny. not really looking for a jeep, and definitely don't need 2 of them but for the price, i could easily fix it and DD it with few miles and a bit of an upgrade interior and comfort wise and sell my current ZJ.

is the WJ much or any better than the ZJ. It will be primarly my DD, and my wifes DD during the winter with limited trail time when i don't feel like towing my K5 places so some upgrades will be done lift and tire wise.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
derekmac

2002 WJ 

For a DD, you might appreciate the WJ a bit more. If it's cheap enough, and you can afford to, I'd say buy it, fix it, and see which one you prefer.
Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
http://www.gofundme.com/d8jlwo
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #3
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

Going to go look at it tomorrow. the price it right for sure, and if i buy it and like it i already have a buyer for the ZJ, as a guy at work has wanted it for a while now.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Unread 08-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #4
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

looked at it. what the guy thought was "just over 100k", means just under 300k at 286k miles. tranny works in every gear but reverse. lurches in reverse, but will not actually move. overall, clean inside and out. price is $600.

Prime candidate for an LS swap IMO, but otherwise not gonna trust the unknown 300k drivetrain for much longer.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Unread 08-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
derekmac

2002 WJ 

That's a bummer. Should tell him you'll give him just under $600, and hand him $250!!
Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
http://www.gofundme.com/d8jlwo
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmac View Post
That's a bummer. Should tell him you'll give him just under $600, and hand him $250!!
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.