Worst Stuck Grand Cherokee - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Worst Stuck Grand Cherokee

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-08-2007, 06:11 AM   #76
sciron4x4
2008 XK Commander 

Yeah... that one... sucks!

Unread 05-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #77
ruhypoxic
1998 ZJ 

I love this thread! My only desire is that my used jeep has never seen these conditions!!!!
ruhypoxic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #78
shaughn

well, these are a bit old, but just got my bluetooth adapter to get stuff off my phone!

which is also why camera quality sucks..

anyways was out an about on a road / trail that people frequent for various reasons.

i came up on

and though, hrm ok, i took easy way around and decided to come back through the not so safe stuff, then...

oh man i thought, i got out to snap some pics... call a tow friend, and figure out what i'm gonna do.. I thought I might as well try moving it again so i did, and ended up getting even more stuck

all in all we hooked up, i was knee deep in water/mud/clay, he pulled me out, and through another equally deep mud hole (which was kinda fun).

my tow buddy had his GF there with camera, but i haven't heard from them since, so there is video and better pics.... somewhere.

EDIT: what the eff is wrong with the img tags.. lol.
1995 Buick Riviera S/C
1995 Ford Mustang v6 (slow)
shaughn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #79
ruhypoxic
1998 ZJ 

Those pix are pretty good for a camera phone!! I feel bad for the Jeep tho!

How does she run now after that?
ruhypoxic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #80
shaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhypoxic
Those pix are pretty good for a camera phone!! I feel bad for the Jeep tho!

How does she run now after that?
i can either show full-res or this.... or i resize all the photos myself. hah.. stupid photos anywyas

and yeah, it was from a Motorola Razr... 1.3mp or something..

and after that, i had some squeeks but those left after awhile of driving around, other than that, fine. i basically got hung up on my front axel, back axel, and funnily enough, the gas-tank....
1995 Buick Riviera S/C
Unread 05-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #81
DTrem08
1996 ZJ 

I was young and made some mistakes by wheeling where I shouldn't. I'll never do it again.

I had to use a broken hockey stick to dig out under my exhaust so it wouldnt get trapped.

I find it ironic that the one time I go with a friend and tow straps/come-a-long, we both get stuck. This is the only time I've brought the above and the only time Ive gotten stuck
**KOR Radiator Support, IRO 3.5" lift, 31/10.5/15" Maxxis Bighorns on 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's, JKS Bar Pin Eliminators, KOR Light Bar, 4 Black KC HiLites, Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown/no tailpipe, OME Steering Stabilizer, Black KOR square rock sliders
**If youve seen it around CT or know about it, PM me
DTrem08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2007, 05:45 AM   #82
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

A little help?

Ken at GSMW

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #83
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Here's a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrem08
Heres mine: I went out and saw a patch of mud so I figured I'd hit it. Everything else that is almost always mud was bone dry, so I figured that this patch where a lake used to be wouldn't be that muddy and I'd make it through. Hell, I've driven through the lake before when its had water in it. Anyways, it was dry...dry...dry...then BAM, about a foot and a half drop off into this clay mud crap and the car stopped pretty damn quick. I tried the back and forth motion, but just sank deeper. My friend with his f150 tried to tow me out, but got stuck behind me, but nowhere near as bad. We called another friend with his big f350 diesel and he towed both of us out no problem. The only damage I've noticed so far is that my bumper was hanging on the drivers side but I popped that back in, have to rescrew the part inside the wheelwell to the bumper. And to top it off, while riding with the kid with the 350 to get back to our cars, we saw the cops waiting at the entrance so we were expecting to get a ticket for trespassing/wreckless driving (thats the standard offroading ticket here) But we went out the other entrance about 100 yards away and booked it to another friends back yard and got away ticket-free!

I had to use a broken hockey stick to dig out under my exhaust so it wouldnt get trapped.

I find it ironic that the one time I go with a friend and tow straps/come-a-long, we both get stuck. This is the only time I've brought the above and the only time Ive gotten stuck
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #84
mrese
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1
A little help?

Ken at GSMW
Wheres the pic of the winch accually pulling him out!!!!!!! And Fred on the hood of adams ZJ Tractor so he doesnt get his feet wet/muddy!!!!!
'99 WJ Limited 4.7 K&N Filter CB 3" IRO
302, 000 miles
mrese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #85
-Joseph
1995 ZJ 

I was just putzin' through this hole and got a little hung up. I think if I was disco'd in the front I would have been OK. I gave it more juice goin in on the next pass and no problems.

-Joseph
Fauxmaster Muffler
30" BFG AT's wrapped around AR 767 wheels

Last edited by Texas ZJ1; 02-13-2008 at 10:15 PM..
-Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #86
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaughn
well, these are a bit old, but just got my bluetooth adapter to get stuff off my phone!

which is also why camera quality sucks..

anyways was out an about on a road / trail that people frequent for various reasons.

i came up on

and though, hrm ok, i took easy way around and decided to come back through the not so safe stuff, then...

oh man i thought, i got out to snap some pics... call a tow friend, and figure out what i'm gonna do.. I thought I might as well try moving it again so i did, and ended up getting even more stuck

all in all we hooked up, i was knee deep in water/mud/clay, he pulled me out, and through another equally deep mud hole (which was kinda fun).

my tow buddy had his GF there with camera, but i haven't heard from them since, so there is video and better pics.... somewhere.

EDIT: what the eff is wrong with the img tags.. lol.
it looks like a few 35"+ tires made those ruts and you tried getting thru with a stock ZJ... i know i wouldve high centered with my 2in BB and 31's
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2007, 05:19 PM   #87
ajmorell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrese
Wheres the pic of the winch accually pulling him out!!!!!!! And Fred on the hood of adams ZJ Tractor so he doesnt get his feet wet/muddy!!!!!

You mean these?

ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #88
shaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
it looks like a few 35"+ tires made those ruts and you tried getting thru with a stock ZJ... i know i wouldve high centered with my 2in BB and 31's
haha yeah, but it was fun never-the-less atleast i made it half-way! hah
1995 Buick Riviera S/C
Unread 05-19-2007, 09:38 PM   #89
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Here are my two good stuck pictures from today.

First one, I tried to go the the left but then decided to go right, hence the blinker, and slide into the ruts made by a XJ on full size axles and 37"s.

Second one I went through this mudhole earlier but went to a little deeper part and got caught in a rut made by a full size Blazer on 40"s.

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #90
WJJEEPIN
1999 WJ 

How Humiliating

I know this isnt a GC but while I was @ hollister this weekend a H2 Attempted the mud pit and of course didnt even get half way through....

You can just see his yellow roof and hood.

So a friendly Liberty with a winch gave him a sad yank out...

Though you might enjoy a quick photo...

I have a movie clip but I havent uploaded. I will add it later

99 4.0 DubJ 35MTRs ford 9"
The Hookup
http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12701

WJJEEPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.