Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Worst Stuck Grand Cherokee

716K views 1K replies 438 participants last post by  fxer82 
#1 ·
Post your pic's of the worst you have been stuck in your Grand Cherokee and a short explanation of the situation. PLEASE KEEP THIS TO PIC'S ONLY we don't need the entire thread filled up with chatter.

So let's see them...

#430 ·
Not the worst stuck by far, but I sure as 'ell wasn't getting out of there without some help!

Too small tires + deep mud + 2wd (broken CV up front) = super stuck haha

Sorry about the quality, all I had was my phone.

#431 ·
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/empirearmy2392/jeep.jpg

Alright.. Well my Zj was about to go into the shop for some body repairs from a wreck so I decided I was gonna get it as stuck as I could.. None of the tires would spin and I was high centered. My exhaust tip was under water so I left it on. I tried using my dads diesel 1ton and it broke the 1/4" chain I had attached.. So I had to go to my boss' house and get him to bring his 4x4 backhoe and at first it wouldnt pull it out so he moved to a different angle and it finally came out. Nothing broken, nothing harmed, for the exception of mud and water on the driver floorboard. :)

#433 ·

Alright.. Well my Zj was about to go into the shop for some body repairs from a wreck so I decided I was gonna get it as stuck as I could.. None of the tires would spin and I was high centered. My exhaust tip was under water so I left it on. I tried using my dads diesel 1ton and it broke the 1/4" chain I had attached.. So I had to go to my boss' house and get him to bring his 4x4 backhoe and at first it wouldnt pull it out so he moved to a different angle and it finally came out. Nothing broken, nothing harmed, for the exception of mud and water on the driver floorboard. :)
No click click. :thumbsup:

Not sure I understand the reasoning behind getting it stuck though.:laugh:

#432 ·
I have the lamest...just bought it years ago go to my Gmas farm snows melting its stock my uncle decides as hes leaving to ram it into a snow bank...only took a couple of scoops of snow to get out but it looks embrassing.

#436 ·

This one sucked. Known as "the pit of death" by the locals, nothing has ever mad it through there. By the time my friends told me that, it was too late. After a while the YJ managed to pull me out. But that was a big, swampy mess down there. The mud was up to my knees.:cool:

#437 ·
Not exacly stuck, just can't drive it. Front right break seized up while I was on the highway. CAA to the rescue!

#438 ·
Oh the shame. Went on a very easy trail and I tried to show off with my new tires and got very stuck. Was able to rock back and forth half an inch! My husband had to pull me out with his Nitro :(

#441 ·
I had decided to go play in some of the trails since I hadn't actually taken the Jeep out to play in the mud. I successfully got through a miniature lake, where the water went up to the top of the cladding on the bottom of the door. As I had approached the hill, I had hit a soft clay bed, and the Jeep just sank.

#444 ·
Not the worst, but certainly stuck :D......

I got my Jeep high centered. It took a lot of boulder placement and removal of rocks from underneath to get me out. My left rear tire was in the air resulting in no traction and I think I needed that tires traction the most in this situation.

No matter how built of a rig you have and if you ever wheel alone on a trail you do all the time, be very cautious.....Dont do it or dont push it :rtft:.

#445 ·
If someone could click-free these I would appreciate it.

We decided to go out for some easy wheeling in the spring once the 6+ feet of snow melted. I knew what this hole was like due to going though it with the cj in the fall but I figured why not. I almost made it through then backed up to get a little momentum to climb back out but that just made it worse. It wouldn't have been so bad if my buddy didn't get stuck backing up to pull me out but murphy's law struck again. To get him out to get me out we ended up having to use a come-along, a chain, and my 30' recovery strap. Of course the strap stretched almost the same distance that the come-along pulls. The vid shows the recovery efforts. Oh yeah we had no cell service and nobody answered the cb.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii272/craizychair/?action=view&current=DSC00528.jpg

back a couple feet using the come-along
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii272/craizychair/?action=view&current=DSC00534.jpg

vid of the recovery effort (I am the short guy standing in the background eating jerky)
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii272/craizychair/?action=view&current=MOV00531.flv

#446 ·
If someone could click-free these I would appreciate it.

We decided to go out for some easy wheeling in the spring once the 6+ feet of snow melted. I knew what this hole was like due to going though it with the cj in the fall but I figured why not. I almost made it through then backed up to get a little momentum to climb back out but that just made it worse. It wouldn't have been so bad if my buddy didn't get stuck backing up to pull me out but murphy's law struck again. To get him out to get me out we ended up having to use a come-along, a chain, and my 30' recovery strap. Of course the strap stretched almost the same distance that the come-along pulls. The vid shows the recovery efforts. Oh yeah we had no cell service and nobody answered the cb.

back a couple feet using the come-along

vid of the recovery effort (I am the short guy standing in the background eating jerky)
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii272/craizychair/?action=view&current=MOV00531.flv
:2thumbsup:

#448 ·
yeah they leaked :D
I was definitely glad I wore my high waterproof boots while I was sitting in my jeep.
Yes I was worried about rolling it as I was inching out backwards as I felt like I was getting close to the same angle that I teetered it the previous fall.

#450 ·
wasnt even trying to go in the hole...i was going around it and i slid down into it. almost rolled the jeep. heres a pic taken after we moved it a bit and i was actualy able to get out. water was up over the speakers

#455 ·
I know how it feels to rip your front bumper off that way. I let my buddy use my jeep to take his gf out wheeling and that is how my bumper was when he returned. He tried going through a hole that swallowed my 35's on my cj earlier that day.

#457 ·

stupid ATs. the rear end is pretty much burried and I couldnt get any traction up front.I had to go through it since my buddy made it with his XJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.