JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Grand Cherokee General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/)
-   -   Worst injury while working on on your rig (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/worst-injury-while-working-your-rig-1500769/)

riot1987 03-29-2013 12:38 AM

Worst injury while working on on your rig

Whats that wort injury you've received from working in your Jeep? Bloody knuckles, ****ed up backs, lost fingers, ...lost children.? Broken elbows, busted eyes...

Pics or it didnt happen.

PolkaPower 03-29-2013 05:47 AM

Ten stitches on the top of my hand. This was over ten years ago and I only had one free hand so no pics.

newfieZJ 03-29-2013 06:21 AM

Dropped the 46RE on my index finger when swapping a trans in January . Still swollen a little , lol , lucky I didn't break it .

McCloudsZJ 03-29-2013 06:30 AM

Not really tech, but I'll add one... Slipped while using an angle grinder to clean up my welds.
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps23e87902.jpg

MN59ZJ 03-29-2013 07:06 AM

Pulled a torque wrench into my face while installing the rear track bar.

AnotherRedZj 03-29-2013 07:15 AM

Pulled a socket wrench in to my face doing 249/242 swap and split my upper lip. Told the doc to durabond it, she said "no it needs stitches." so I left and handled it myself. You can barely even see the scar now! It was yrs ago so no pics, so I didn't happen ;)

riot1987 03-29-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN59ZJ (Post 15212659)
Pulled a torque wrench into my face while installing the rear track bar.

:teehee:

riot1987 03-29-2013 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Burned the **** outta my hand after welding my exhaust last year.

dnuccio 03-29-2013 09:23 AM

My ZJ rolled backwards off car ramps while I was underneath it. Luckily I rolled out of the way in time and it just went over my foot.... It was swollen for a couple weeks. No pics sorry

95ZeeJay 03-29-2013 10:54 AM

Well we weren't working ON the ZJ, but we were pulling parts off of an Explorer rear end for some spare shafts:
My boyfriend was doing something with one of the wheels and the brake drum fell, snatching his entire thumb nail off. He was bleeding and whining but since we went all that way I said we weren't leaving without getting into that rear pumpkin, so I started to loosen the bolts on the diff cover with a ratchet. Lord only knows how long those bolts had been on there and they were not loosening at all. I ended up putting my entire weight on the ratchet, and when the bolt finally came loose I slammed my face into the rear track bar. Hard. It was hot as Hades that day and we both left battered and bleeding, but by golly we got our axle shafts dammit!

ZJ47191 03-29-2013 02:55 PM

Wasnt on the Jeep but my dad was helping me replace the transsion in a 5.0 explorer in our garage (wooden floors) transmission slid off jack stands and landed on him in the head/neck area. Had to rods and pins in his neck. Ill try and find his xrays and load a picture.

ZJ47191 03-29-2013 02:59 PM

Forgot to mention he was about 2 foot into our barn floor the wooden floors broke. We sold it shortly after lol. All work is done on concrete and extra jack stands now.

PhantomWJ 03-29-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnuccio (Post 15213215)
My ZJ rolled backwards off car ramps while I was underneath it. Luckily I rolled out of the way in time and it just went over my foot.... It was swollen for a couple weeks. No pics sorry

This wasn't me but its a true story.

An acquaintance of mine ran himself over with his own XJ, broke his back and hip.

He was performing a battery "jump" on his buddies car. He parked it with tires against the parking block/parking bumper/cement thingy to keep it from rolling however, he failed to put the tranny in "P" or "N". So, as his buddies car would not crank over her decided to give it a little throttle. He stood in front of his car and leaned over, hand on trothlle body...an pulled the accelerator cable. The XJ, locked, lifted and on 33's, jumped the parking block/parking bumper/cement thingy and rolled his arse over. He was sanwiched between a wall and his XJ.

He still has the Jeep. Survived. Walks with an limp.

ratmonkey 03-29-2013 06:56 PM

just smacked my left hand with a 3lb sledge today. bit swollen.
i've done the grinder to flesh thing.
burnt myself welding and cutting a few times.
rolled out from under the jeep and used the slider to pull myself up fast and put my face right into the corner of the open door that was above me. split my forehead right between my eyes, should have got stitches.

other than that the usual bumps and bruises and skinned knuckles.

AnotherRedZj 03-29-2013 07:21 PM

I like to call working on the jeep boxing! Somethings gonna slip and your gonna punch something every time. Even my wife sees me put on my mechanic gloves and is like "breaking out the boxing gloves huh! Gonna Go a cpl rounds today!?

The time now is 02:16 AM.