Worm clamps on heater hoses - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Worm clamps on heater hoses

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Worm clamps on heater hoses

Dont do it. Your GC will hate you for it. Used them on mine 6 months ago when I changed hoses. Started losing coolant last week, went out to investigate today. Didnt see anything up front so i crawled under it and found coolant on back of the pan. Oh crap, rear freeze plug. Looked up further and saw green on the wire loom above the oil filter. Yeah! Drip! Right in the left nostril. Went all way to the back of my sinus cavity. Up your nose with worm clamps. OUCH.

Heater core clamp loose. Hoses shrink, worm clamps do not.

Pay backs are a .....

ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

Huh, When I replaced my rad 5yrs ago I put them on. Havnt had a leak top, bottom or heater hoses.

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

yeah I'm beginning to think the quality of the heater hoses may be questionable.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

No kidding,worms have been around forever,nothin wrong with em
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I invariably replace those silly OEM spring clamps with worm drives. Been doing it for at least 20 years. Haven't had a leak due to using worm drive clamps.

Ever.

Either you didn't tighten it enough, or your hose is suspect...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.