WJ_Renegade's Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > WJ_Renegade's Build Thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #16
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Recently I took her out for a photoshoot. These pics are out at Moraine View State Park.

This pic could be a magazine ad.

I fly a feather on my passenger side...Just something I found at work one day.

[COLOR=White] White Jeep Club Member #108 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]R.I.P. Troy Edwards[/COLOR]

My Build Thread: [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99-xj-project-arctic-wolf-1126101/"]Project [color="white"]Arctic Wolf[/color][/URL]
XJ_Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #17
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Then one fine day I got really lucky. While scouring the classifieds section, I found KramerH was selling some TeraFlex 4" coils. I bought them, as well as the track bar bracket he was selling. I likely won't use the bracket, but opt for an adjustable track bar instead.

Pardon all the crap in the background. When I live at home, I am quite the slob.

My Build Thread: [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99-xj-project-arctic-wolf-1126101/"]Project [color="white"]Arctic Wolf[/color][/URL]
Unread 11-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #18
Kramer H
Built and Supercharged 47

2001 WJ 

hey those springs look familiar.. wonder where those came from?! Thanks to you my jeep is still sitting on jackstands in my driveway awaiting my claytons! cant wait to see the jeep when its lifted!
K8 GSXR 1000- Racefit,Comp Werks,Puig,Woodcraft,B2 Industries,55W HID'S, R&G Engineering, Two brothers, ASV, DDM, "The pantie dropper"
Kramer H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #19
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer H View Post
hey those springs look familiar.. wonder where those came from?! Thanks to you my jeep is still sitting on jackstands in my driveway awaiting my claytons! cant wait to see the jeep when its lifted!
Thanks. I can't wait to have all the parts to lift it. I'm still working out a laundry list for it, but have decided on short arms for starters...then eventually move up to long arms. Those dang control arms don't come cheap, though.

Unread 11-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #20
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Looks good so far, I really like the red with the black cladding.

I'd definitely get some skids before you do much more wheeling, the rock sliders are def a step in the right direction, but I know when I was wheeling frequently I beat the heck out of my t-case skid. Much better the skid than the t-case, you know?
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #21
Kramer H

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ_Renegade View Post
Thanks. I can't wait to have all the parts to lift it. I'm still working out a laundry list for it, but have decided on short arms for starters...then eventually move up to long arms. Those dang control arms don't come cheap, though.
haha yeah no joke. just remember, iro sells adj packages for fairly cheap!
K8 GSXR 1000- Racefit,Comp Werks,Puig,Woodcraft,B2 Industries,55W HID'S, R&G Engineering, Two brothers, ASV, DDM, "The pantie dropper"
Unread 11-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #22
WJRenegade
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ_Renegade
Are you stalking me??? j/k, I think this is what you have in mind, and if I have the funds, I would like to get one in the future.

It's 4 lights instead of 5, but it looks really good. Some European company makes 'em, and sells 'em on eBay. Just look up "Jeep light bar" and it will be there somewhere. As for the bumpers, all I did was paint them with Krylon Fusion. The pictures aren't very good, so the texture doesn't really show up in them. I have some high quality photos I will be adding shortly.
Yeah I looked those up along time ago, but for me I don't think $600 for that little thing is quite worth it with only 4 lights. I was talking to a man at a parts house the other day and he gave me the idea to come up with the plans and take it to a man who could make it. Also, I have settled instead of a fiberglass/plastic shell to make it out of some kind of metal so it will be able to last longer. Plus from the figures he told me it would be about $400 instead of $600 much better on my wallet, just a lil
WJRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #23
Max78
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Nice looking Jeep! I have the same color and just got done putting some teraflex coils on with some new wheels and tires. Be sure to redo any and all bad TRE’s and other bad parts or you will have DW!!!
Unread 11-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #24
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
haha yeah no joke. just remember, iro sells adj packages for fairly cheap!
Yeah, that's the one's I'm looking at.

Quote:
Yeah I looked those up along time ago, but for me I don't think $600 for that little thing is quite worth it with only 4 lights. I was talking to a man at a parts house the other day and he gave me the idea to come up with the plans and take it to a man who could make it. Also, I have settled instead of a fiberglass/plastic shell to make it out of some kind of metal so it will be able to last longer. Plus from the figures he told me it would be about $400 instead of $600 much better on my wallet, just a lil
I thought you might have. Yeah, in retrospect I think I will keep trying to find a roof rack to mount the lights to.

Quote:
Nice looking Jeep! I have the same color and just got done putting some teraflex coils on with some new wheels and tires. Be sure to redo any and all bad TRE’s and other bad parts or you will have DW!!!
Thanks for the compliment. I am still working out my list of upgrades to obtain before I do the lift. I have new control arms, track bar, shocks, and sway bar links/disco's in mind, and am toying with the idea of the tie rod flip that IRO has. It doesn't look like I'll be lifting it for a while, though. Finances and all.

Unread 12-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #25
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Okey Silly Dilly Dokey-O. I finally have a li'l more progress. I obtained (legally, of course) a set of taillight guards. Knowing these would interfere with my cheap low profile CB antenna bracket, I got a cheaper, high-profile one at Lowe's. In other words, an 8" stiffening brace.

Naturally, my cordless drill was being borrowed by my brother. And even more naturally, so was my right-angle drill. Even more naturally, I couldn't find my dad's drill anywhere in the house. :

I went to work on my day off and borrowed the drill there. Did all the work in the parking lot. Took the following pics when I got it home and put the antenner back on.

I also figured I'd throw up my shingle and show off my JeepForum pride.

Unread 12-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #26
Kramer H

2001 WJ 

I want some tail light guards, just can justify sending $80 for a set of new ones..
Unread 12-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #27
97DCZJ
1997 ZJ 

I want that firestick
nice dub. Liking the red
(Sold) 1997 Grand Cherokee Limited: V8 5.2L, 2" BB, 31" Dick Cepeks.
(Sold) 1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo: Build Thread; V8 4.7L, Stock.
(Sold) 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo: Build Thread; V8 5.2L ,3.5" lift, 32" Tires
97DCZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #28
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I want some tail light guards, just can justify sending $80 for a set of new ones..
I scored 'em for $50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96DCZJ View Post
I want that firestick
nice dub. Liking the red
MINE!

Hahaha. I got it when it was on sale at work. They go for about $35 but it was $20 for me.

And thanks, I'm partial to this shade of red.

Also, today I made a "Redneck Wreath" for the grille ('Tis the season) and came up with a name for her, finally.

Henceforth she be known as Rose.

Unread 12-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #29
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
I think I just threw a pair away. One got caught on a tree and pulled the mounting tabs out pretty bad. Could have been fixed maybe. But didn't think anyone would want them.

If I still have them, I will let you know. You can have them.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #30
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Redneck Wreath!

It may look like an ordinary wreath, but I actually made it from a coat hanger, pine garland, and a cheap bow. True Value wreaths were too big, and the dollar store didn't have actual wreaths.

So Merry Christmas and stuff.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.