WJ lifting question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > WJ lifting question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineIron Rock Offroad products - get them from Kolak!TERAFLEX JKU 2.5" Elite LCG Long FlexArm Lift Kit w/

Unread 01-19-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
Porky86
1999 WJ 

WJ lifting question

This weekend I am hopefully getting a new to me WJ. I have a few questions about lifting that i hope people that have had this done would be able to answer. I'm on a budget but not a super tight one but either way i would on want 2-3 inches of lift.

This will be a daily driver that sees mostly pavement but gets in the mud a few times a month if possible.

I have been looking at lifts for a bit and wanted to know if a 2 inch spacer would be as good as buying new coils. I would like to avoid the extra hundred or so in coils if possible.

I have decided on IRO, from what i have heard on this forum and others they are the best, especially for the price. I am looking for a softer ride with mono tubes so im thinking Bilstein 5100s are the way to go. What I dont know is if I should order coil spacers or lifted coils. Its about a $110 difference but i rather do it right and/or better the first time.

Thanks

Porky86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
quadpit
2003 WJ 

I bought a 3" lift kit from Kolak here on the forums with new coils (Old Man Emu) Bilstein shocks and adjustable track bar to go with my 245/70R17 Cooper Discoverer A/T3 tires (largest I could get and still fit in my spare tub) and can without hesitation say my Overland rides and drives better than stock. I can't speak for the 2" budget boost but new springs are not that much more and I think well worth saving and getting what you really want. I definitely am going with a new rear sway bar for even better road manners though as the stock one is pretty useless.
quadpit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #3
Porky86
1999 WJ 

New to all of this stuff. When you buy new coils, such as IRO coils, does it level your jeep out or does it remain noticeably taller in the back. Only reason I would consider a BB is to level it out while still gaining some height.I am not a big fan of the wedge look on these on either side (taller/shorter in the front) so I would like it 'level' or close to.

Thanks
Porky86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
advice , coil vs. spacer , shock advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.