WJ Lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > WJ Lift?

Savvy TJ/LJ Half DoorsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #1
OffRoadingChick

WJ Lift?

Woohoo... it's time to lift my memorial WJ for my bro!

Right now, I need something more or less inexpensive, so the plan of 4.5-6.5 has to be put on hold So, Im thinking 2" with beefy tires.

What 2" lift would you recommend? And what size tires? Wanting mean, beefy tires.. not too big that it looks silly though, lol.

And... if you have lifted your WJ... post pics!!! Include what you've done

OffRoadingChick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #2
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadingChick View Post
Woohoo... it's time to lift my memorial WJ for my bro!

Right now, I need something more or less inexpensive, so the plan of 4.5-6.5 has to be put on hold So, Im thinking 2" with beefy tires.

What 2" lift would you recommend? And what size tires? Wanting mean, beefy tires.. not too big that it looks silly though, lol.

And... if you have lifted your WJ... post pics!!! Include what you've done

I installed a 2.5"/2" BB from JGCParts that I got on eBay. I plan on running 245/75/16, but some people run larger tires. Pics are in my build thread. Once you lift it you might run into other issues with worn out suspension components. Good luck.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2015, 11:53 PM   #3
SteeleJay
Vulcan Ambassador

2002 WJ 

Depending on your budget, you might want to just do a BB (budget boost - basically just spring spacers) to get the two inches of lift, then do a long arm later on when funds are available. The BB has very little impact on ride quality. The upper lift limit for the stock short-arm setup is about 4" max - you want more than that and you'll need a long-arm setup. As to tires, with only 2" of lift, you're not going to be able to get much larger than a 30-31" tire in there without some trimming. I'm at 4.5" lift on my LA and I had to get pretty aggressive with trimming the front bumper cover and fender liner just to fit my 32s.

You can see my build thread here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...build-3066009/

I Jeep, therefore I swear.
SteeleJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2015, 05:49 AM   #4
derekmac

2002 WJ 

If planning on going bigger later, just get the BB spacers. Willing to do some cutting? If you are, you can fit 255/75-17.

This is mine with the BB, trimmed and 32's.

Build thread.
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2015, 03:53 PM   #5
OffRoadingChick

thank you!!!!!! sexy rides

Im debating tires now... between 245/75/16 (i have 245/65/17 on now, and i can't wrap my head around paying $1000 to go a tiny bit bigger…. ??) and 265/75/16. The lift seems to be the easy part LOL
OffRoadingChick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #6
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

you could go with Kolak's OME lift it will get you 2-3". more expensive than a BB spacer kits because it uses taller springs and shocks. I got 2" out of his lift, some people get more.

98 ZJ 5.2L JGC Limited Sold
02 4.7L HO JGC Overland
ZJPunk98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.