WJ on 35s. Custom built bumpers, roof rack, sliders, etc - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > WJ on 35s. Custom built bumpers, roof rack, sliders, etc

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #46
Starboard M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24 View Post
Can I see some more pics of how you mounted that light bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEJONES View Post
Timbo24 - The picture in this post of the roof rack on the lift should answer your question. It was mounted at the front on the tabs that stick out wider than everything else.

Still need to get everything wired up, and lights in the square holes, but otherwise the roof rack is pretty complete.

Any way you can snap a better picture? Im not seeing how the mount was made.

When you took the stock roof rack off, what did you plug all the holes with?

Nice work, I dont want to know how long it took you to dimple the floor of that roof rack

Boatsides/Hybrid Cage/Tube Dash== Custom Winch Bumper== Bolt in HP44
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #47
MIKEJONES

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
As if our exploding rear gas tanks were enough of a deterrent...I doubt you will find anyone following your WJ closely...haha.

I really like the work you have done, absolutely sweet rack and lighting!
Thanks, yours looks real good too! I've wanted one for about 7 years now, finally got one. It's almost done, so that means it's about time to start looking for something else to tinker on

Starboard- Look at the picture with the roof rack sitting on the 2post lift. You'll see the tabs. The holes are what I mounted the roof rack with, so to answer your question, bolts.
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #48
MIKEJONES

Got my 40" light bar mounted up where it should be today, right over the windshield.

If anyone is interested in a set shoot me a PM. If I can get a small group buy of 5 sets I can sell them for $160 shipped. That would include a glossy black UV protectant non-fading bedliner coating, hardware, and a good set of instructions. Drilling into the roof is required, but a little silicone keeps the water out so no worries. They will fit any light bar that measures ~41.5" outside-to-outside. This includes the 40" Rigid E/S series, as well as many other 40" lights.
Unread 10-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #49
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Is there any glare, do you have any interior night shots? I keep my moonroof slider shut when I have my rack lights on because they are so bright, they light up the interior cabin (mine sit right at the back of the moonroof).
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #50
MIKEJONES

I'll let you know tomorrow, just got these mounts on today. I didn't have either problem before when I had it mounted at the front of the sunroof. If your light beam is passing over your sunroof glass then I could defintely see that causing a problem.
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #51
MIKEJONES

There is a little glare that wound up on the windshield, it's not bad though. I much prefer the glare to not being able to open my sunroof because of the whistling these bars make.

Exterior is finally complete.

I've always wanted to turn some square tube on it's side, but haven't ever been able to convince a customer to let me. Suprisingly, it was super easy to notch.

Still have a little bit of stuff I need/want to do.

-install gears/rebuild/get driveshaft for the front
-install limited slip in rear
-backup camera
-small stereo system
Unread 11-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #52
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I like the look of the sliders, very unique.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:52 AM   #53
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Beefy WJ. Awesome fabrication work.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 05:04 AM   #54
CommanderWJ
2001 WJ 

Awesome work! This is still one of my favorite builds!
2001 WJ 4.7 V8 Ltd QD. 2" Rough Country BB, TF QD's, Rough Country shocks, BDS Adjustable front UCA's, RC 2.2 steering damper, 245-70R17 Firestone Destination muds/ 245-75R17 Wrangler A/T's on Moab's, Flat Land non-winch steel bumper, rear sway bar removed, Power Brake matched disc and pad set. More to come!
CommanderWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #55
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

How do the sliders mount? I really like the square tube, I might have to steal that idea...
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #56
MIKEJONES

Thanks.

Theyre welded to the long arm mounts.
Unread 11-16-2013, 03:38 AM   #57
crazyinjun
2004 WJ 

You got any pics of mount on sliders
crazyinjun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #58
Hygglo

Nice build!
I try to do the same build on my Wj later.
Hygglo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 08:10 AM   #59
jfaulk
2004 WJ 

Nice lookin rig. What are the details on the switches you used for your lights? I know you said they were a PITA to wire but I'd like some more info on them. Thanks
jfaulk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #60
MIKEJONES

Only place I could find them was superbrightleds.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.