Wj on 1ton dana 60's - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Wj on 1ton dana 60's

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #76
robd2003
2002 WJ 

Please check ALL engine grounds everywhere. Had a jeep at the junkyard I work out same problem, ended up tracing it to a cut engine ground. The wide metal one.

Not sure if this is your case, but its another thing to double tripple check

robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #77
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Dang that sucks. Those are 100% the symptoms I had when my crank/cam sensors went out. It would crank, but no gauges, no spark, no fuel, no check engine light, couldn't connect to a scan tool. Had power to all the relays also.
Hell I even tried a different ECM without success before I figured it out

Maybe you got bad replacement sensors, or yanked the wires out of them.

You didn't rip any of your O2 sensor wires out did you?
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #78
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake View Post
Dang that sucks. Those are 100% the symptoms I had when my crank/cam sensors went out. It would crank, but no gauges, no spark, no fuel, no check engine light, couldn't connect to a scan tool. Had power to all the relays also.
Hell I even tried a different ECM without success before I figured it out

Maybe you got bad replacement sensors, or yanked the wires out of them.

You didn't rip any of your O2 sensor wires out did you?
I looked at all my o2 and they looked ok. I didn't see and pinched or pulled wires. If I have to get a new ecm I want to try and get one programmed with out o2 sensors or get some 02 sensor simulators and doaway with my two mini cats and go to one large car. The cat on the passenger side gets on the way of my upper control arm and the driver side gets bashed on rocks.
Unread 04-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #79
robd2003
2002 WJ 

Have you check all locations for grounds?
Unread 04-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #80
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003 View Post
Have you check all locations for grounds?
I am already back at work for my week on. Monday befor I left for work I dropped it off at a shop that I trust.
Unread 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #81
robd2003
2002 WJ 

Okay gotchya, well hopefully they'll get it fixed for ya
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #82
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Finally got an update from the shop working on my jeep. The culprit was a loose and corroded pin going to the ecm. Out of pocket cost $136. The fact that's its going to be a tax write off awesome.
Unread 04-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #83
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Tax write-off? How does that work? That's a lucky outcome though. Very much so. Congrats on getting the Jeep fixed. It's never fun to have it out of commission.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #84
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
Tax write-off? How does that work? That's a lucky outcome though. Very much so. Congrats on getting the Jeep fixed. It's never fun to have it out of commission.
I work in the oilfield and I use it to transport my employees to and from the rig (sometimes) so o get to write off a lot of stuff. I have been driving my girlfriends JK and I hate it. Its so freaking gutless on the highway. But I guess 35's and stock gears will do that. Maybe I'll get her gears for her birthday.
Snow let me know when your in Amarillo and not busy se will go to the river and wheel a little bit. Maybe I wont break to much stuff this time.
As for the rest of the viewers if your ever in Amarillo the same goes for y'all as well.
Unread 04-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #85
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDWJ View Post
I work in the oilfield and I use it to transport my employees to and from the rig (sometimes) so o get to write off a lot of stuff. I have been driving my girlfriends JK and I hate it. Its so freaking gutless on the highway. But I guess 35's and stock gears will do that. Maybe I'll get her gears for her birthday.
Snow let me know when your in Amarillo and not busy se will go to the river and wheel a little bit. Maybe I wont break to much stuff this time.
As for the rest of the viewers if your ever in Amarillo the same goes for y'all as well.
That's a pretty good deal you've got. I'd like to get a tax write-off for something I do to my Jeep. LOL As for the JK, I bet it's even more of a dog than my 4.0. I need 4.10 gears.

Hey, I hadn't thought about it, but you're just in Amarillo. I need help getting a lift installed. Hint, hint. Well, I don't even have a garage here. So it's rather frustrating trying to work on my Jeep. I certainly haven't got a means of putting on even the simple lift I'm planning. Before I do anymore wheeling I'd like to get that far though. I'm planning on OME's springs for a 2-2.5" lift with MX-6 shocks. It's more subtle than what most people are going for, but I don't need a lot to get the extra ground clearance and handling I want. I think it'll be a project for this spring or summer. I need to PM Nick again about it.

Unread 04-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #86
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

snow pm me with all the things that you are wanting to do to your jeep.
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #87
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Got a few more parts in today.
And my 37's
tomorrow I will reassemble my axles and get them ready for when ever my coilovers show up.
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #88
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I hate you. That is all...

No, honestly, this is an awesome build. Just as I start piecing my lift together, you go and make me feel inadequate again. I can't wait to meet up, just so I can see your Jeep! What tires are those? With the red Dub, you need something...well, when I think of the ones you should have, I'll let you know. Aha, I found what I was looking for. I like your current wheels, but these would be very fitting, also;

MB Chaos 5 or Black Rock Vipers would look great. I don't much like the Soft 8's. That's me though.

Unread 05-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #89
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Dude those 37's look pretty crammed in there with the Iceland flares. You think it'll work out. I bought a set myself and once I received them I started second guessing if I should even install them. I know I want to run 37's down the road once I swap axles. Man your grand just keeps getting better and better. Any plans for the rear bumper???
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 07:34 AM   #90
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
I hate you. That is all.....

MB Chaos 5 or Black Rock Vipers would look great. I don't much like the Soft 8's. That's me though.
dont hate..... i went with the "d" windows because they are cheap and i wouldnt be to upset when i completely trash them in the rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevino View Post
Dude those 37's look pretty crammed in there with the Iceland flares. You think it'll work out. I bought a set myself and once I received them I started second guessing if I should even install them. I know I want to run 37's down the road once I swap axles. Man your grand just keeps getting better and better. Any plans for the rear bumper???
i think they will fit. i am probably going to have to cut some more sheet metal and push the front axle forward a little bit. as far as the rear i think that all i am going to have to do is trim the inner wheel well.
as far as the rear bumper/full cage it has already been paid for. the only think that we are waiting on that is for my friend to get his own 5' by 10' cnc plasma table.

here is a link to the guys that are doing the all the custom work to it. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=800057&page=6

this guys jeep is freaking badass in every aspect. i had a chance to go wheeling with him at the superlift offraod park in hot springs ar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.