we are still trying to figure out how/why the tcase blew up. i spent about 5 hours wheeling got on the highway to leave almost got up to 70mph started shaking real bad and then came apart. when i swapped in the 231 i measured the drive shaft at ride hight full flex and at full compression. they where all with in the capabilities of the stock driveshaft.
here a a few pics of yesterdays wheeling
had a ****ty start to my week off. got on days off and went up to the shop to fix my t case no big deal right. wrong!!!! got there went to start it for the power steering to get it in to the shop and the battery was dead, charged the battery tried it again and nothing. still trying to get it running but i did get it in to the shop and go the t case changed out with another 231.
i also got a shipment of parts today
That's gears for front and rear 4.88 install kits crane hi steer arms with caps kingpin rebuild kits and warn premium lockouts.
After days of troubleshooting we have decided that my ecm is shot. In attempt to not start throwing money at it to track down the problem and I ran out of days off I dropped it off with my mechanic yesterday. Hopefully he wont *** rape me to hard.
On an '04? That's just shoddy workmanship on Chrysler's part. Honestly, I try to be loyal to Jeep, but with this kind of quality... Good luck getting it fixed, and not being too broke over it. How are the rest of the mods coming?
Well I have the ram ordered from psc its a 1.75by8 ram I have decided to go with hydro assist for the time being. Mostly from financial reasons and partially I don't want deal with the inspection guys just yet. I have read and reread the Texas laws and requirements on steering it doesn't say that it is illegal and it doesn't say that it is. I have also contacted psc about drilling, tapping, and rebuilding my stock steering gearbox and its not to unreasonable. I welded up my front carrier last week and I also dropped the axle housings off at the sand blasters. When they are done I will tale them to Carters and have them hot vatted to get all the gunk out of the tubes. Spoke to F.O.A. last week and my coilovers are about a week out. Ballistic is taking there sweet time with my joints, but they are worth the wait. I believe the only think left to order is brake calipers. I am going to try to incorporate turning brakes to the rear using my factory emergence brake handle. As soon as I have access to my buddies cbc plasma table I am going to try to make some differential covers.
We hooked up my friends snap on diagnostic scan tool and it wont recognize my ecm as if its not even there. Tried it by the vin number and also tried using the generic cable and nothing. I changed out the crankshaft positioning sensor and the camshaft positioning sensor with no change. I checked all my fuses and relays and I have power to all of them I am not getting power to my fuel pump. I also tried to start it using starting fluid and nothing. So im not getting fuel or spark the fuel gauge doesn't work and the volt meter in the gauge cluster isn't working. I have plenty of power left in my battery I had it on 2 amp charge overnight battery tested good.