Wj on 1ton dana 60's - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Wj on 1ton dana 60's

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #61
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

My guess is the front driveshaft was too long, bottomed out into the case and broke it, purely speculation though!

Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #62
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

we are still trying to figure out how/why the tcase blew up. i spent about 5 hours wheeling got on the highway to leave almost got up to 70mph started shaking real bad and then came apart. when i swapped in the 231 i measured the drive shaft at ride hight full flex and at full compression. they where all with in the capabilities of the stock driveshaft.
here a a few pics of yesterdays wheeling

Unread 04-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #63
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

how are you liking your km2s?
Unread 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #64
justanotherjpr

Nice to see a WJ getting wheeled hard. Subscribed!
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #65
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc View Post
how are you liking your km2s?
so far i am really liking them. they are pretty sticky and bet a bite on almost anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherjpr View Post
Nice to see a WJ getting wheeled hard. Subscribed!
well i dont want to be a disappointment to the jeep gods!!!!!
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #66
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

It looks like I missed out on some fun times. Geeze, man. That's awesome stuff. I don't think my Jeep could handle it though. I'm still at stock height.

I'm sorry to see what happened to the 231, btw. That's insanity. I hope you can figure out how to avoid that happening again when you replace it. What the heck?

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"

Last edited by SnowLeopard; 04-11-2011 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: Forgot to mention the t-case carnage.
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #67
Jones
Consider the following...

I love that sticker "Daily driver. If I roll it, I'm screwed" I need one for my rig too!
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #68
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones
I love that sticker "Daily driver. If I roll it, I'm screwed" I need one for my rig too!
Nah, your sticker would need to say, "daily driver. If I roll it, it would be because I took a turn to fast cause I don't wheel."

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #69
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Nah, your sticker would need to say, "daily driver. If I roll it, it would be because I took a turn to fast cause I don't wheel."
Is Jones going to have any viewing space on the windshield after that sticker.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #70
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

had a ****ty start to my week off. got on days off and went up to the shop to fix my t case no big deal right. wrong!!!! got there went to start it for the power steering to get it in to the shop and the battery was dead, charged the battery tried it again and nothing. still trying to get it running but i did get it in to the shop and go the t case changed out with another 231.

i also got a shipment of parts today
That's gears for front and rear 4.88 install kits crane hi steer arms with caps kingpin rebuild kits and warn premium lockouts.
Unread 04-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #71
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

After days of troubleshooting we have decided that my ecm is shot. In attempt to not start throwing money at it to track down the problem and I ran out of days off I dropped it off with my mechanic yesterday. Hopefully he wont *** rape me to hard.
Unread 04-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #72
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

On an '04? That's just shoddy workmanship on Chrysler's part. Honestly, I try to be loyal to Jeep, but with this kind of quality... Good luck getting it fixed, and not being too broke over it. How are the rest of the mods coming?

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #73
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Well I have the ram ordered from psc its a 1.75by8 ram I have decided to go with hydro assist for the time being. Mostly from financial reasons and partially I don't want deal with the inspection guys just yet. I have read and reread the Texas laws and requirements on steering it doesn't say that it is illegal and it doesn't say that it is. I have also contacted psc about drilling, tapping, and rebuilding my stock steering gearbox and its not to unreasonable. I welded up my front carrier last week and I also dropped the axle housings off at the sand blasters. When they are done I will tale them to Carters and have them hot vatted to get all the gunk out of the tubes. Spoke to F.O.A. last week and my coilovers are about a week out. Ballistic is taking there sweet time with my joints, but they are worth the wait. I believe the only think left to order is brake calipers. I am going to try to incorporate turning brakes to the rear using my factory emergence brake handle. As soon as I have access to my buddies cbc plasma table I am going to try to make some differential covers.
Unread 04-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #74
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

what are the symptoms? Absolutely nothing, or cranking with no spark/fuel?

My bet is on one of the crank/camshaft position sensors.
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #75
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

We hooked up my friends snap on diagnostic scan tool and it wont recognize my ecm as if its not even there. Tried it by the vin number and also tried using the generic cable and nothing. I changed out the crankshaft positioning sensor and the camshaft positioning sensor with no change. I checked all my fuses and relays and I have power to all of them I am not getting power to my fuel pump. I also tried to start it using starting fluid and nothing. So im not getting fuel or spark the fuel gauge doesn't work and the volt meter in the gauge cluster isn't working. I have plenty of power left in my battery I had it on 2 amp charge overnight battery tested good.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.