Wj on 1ton dana 60's - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Wj on 1ton dana 60's

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #151
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

except you cant race stock class at KOH in a buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #152
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Subbed!
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #153
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I am not that worried about rolling my wj after the build because I would have the full cage inside and out. The main reason I am leaning to a buggy is because it is more capable. The way my dub sits now works very well for expedition type wheeling. Lol if I could just keep the damn front shafts from breaking. Maybe I should try a little less skinny pedal or just swap a 44 in the front.
I am not really wanting to compete in KOH I just enjoy huge obstacles and going fast.
Unread 06-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #154
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Honestly WJ's can be build plenty capable. There are only 3 (huge) limiting factors on these things compared to a buggy when you go all out on a build, weight, body width and rocker height. The weight is honestly a really interesting subject, and I personally do NOT think weight is such a bad thing. I use my WJ's momentum to my advantage all the time, by giving myself a rolling start on obstacles (and breaking 9"s haha), but it's own momentum pulls it up over obstacles. Also, trophy trucks are in the 6-7000lb range, and they are the role models of go fast

The other two factors are the huge ones that are hard to ignore. The WJ is a big sum***** no matter how you look at it. Width doesn't really limit me on the trails I'm generall attempting, but I've also given up my worry for body panels because of how often they hit. A lot of buggy chassis nowadays are in the 48" wide range, probably 2 feet narrower overall than our WJ.

Rockers are the final thing that totally screw us. Though if your thinking buggy, you should consider removing your WJ's doors permenantly and boatside like a foot up the sides (Like CrawlerReady's ZJ, great build). I've chopped out my rockers and knocked an inch and a half out of my doors for clearance. That's just about the max you can do while retaining fully functional windows, but it still bites me in the ***

Personally, WJ all the way
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #155
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Well it seems that the buggy deal has fallen thru the cracks. I am going to continue with my original plans for my dub. If all goes well I should start on it beginning of next week.
Unread 07-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #156
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDWJ View Post
Well it seems that the buggy deal has fallen thru the cracks. I am going to continue with my original plans for my dub. If all goes well I should start on it beginning of next week.
good choice!
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #157
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

You should check out my build thread for some inspiration, I'm getting rid of one of the issues with my WJ, the width of the front end with a sweet dovenose . I've taken 13" of width out of the grill, and am keeping the original headlights hehe
Unread 07-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #158
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

I'll be glad to see some pictures of the build!
Unread 07-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #159
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc View Post
http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/sho...ose-under-way*
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #160
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

LOL! Red, marc is familiar with my build, I think he's excited to see pics in this thread haha
Unread 07-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #161
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake View Post
LOL! Red, marc is familiar with my build, I think he's excited to see pics in this thread haha
Very familiar. Ha.
Unread 07-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #162
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc View Post
Ill be glad to see it transform as well.
I believe the determining factor was last week I changed all of my ball joints with the adjustable flavor. After the job was done and them adjusted all the way in my tires where still not straight. After a closer inspection we discovered that my dana 30 housing is bent. Probably half an inch or more on the long side. That with the crushed control arm mount on the frame I decided it was best to go ahead and build the dub.
Hopefully in a couple of years I will get to build a bad *** buggy..... we will see.
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #163
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

do you have plans to keep the arb bumper and design an exo around it?
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #164
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Plan was to tie the exo cage in to the ARB using some of these http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...mp_p_1467.html that way if I have a need to remove the bumper later I still can with out a torch or grinder.
Unread 07-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #165
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

It's a shame that the buggy deal fell through. At least you've got plans for the dub though. I don't know how you do it. But my Jeep is my DD as well, and I fear tearing it up. So I'm overly careful. You've got plans that will iron out the damage though. So you're going through with the axle swap and the whole shebang?

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.