Who wants a Diesel WJ in Phoenix AZ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Who wants a Diesel WJ in Phoenix AZ??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueLast Day to take advantage of 5% off August Promo

Unread 08-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #1
Max78
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Who wants a Diesel WJ in Phoenix AZ??

Came across a diesel WJ in Phoenix, not sure if this is factory or not, If I had the money I would seriously consider buying it if everything checked out and I could get them down a little on price.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5077379831.html

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5077289994.html

Unread 08-06-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
car5car
2002 M-38 

Top speed like 50cc Chinese scooter.
Pay triple price but you can save on gas...because it doesn't need gas! Diesel fuel cost 50% than gas.
Unread 08-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
Max78
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ya they are a bit expensive and not sure why they are left hand drive if they are imported from Germany and Italy supposedly? Did they not make any right hand drive ones?
Unread 08-06-2015, 10:25 AM   #4
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

Aussie market?
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #5
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

??? They are nearly all left hand drive! Australia and UK drive on left but all the rest mentioned (ie Germany and Italy) drive on right like you guys.

Sent from the Dark Side (of the Pond) using only the Force.
Unread 08-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #6
mr312712
SPEED FREAK V8 FOR LIFE.

2004 WJ 

No thanks, I'll keep my 4.7 H.O.
04 WJ Overland 4.7 H.O. Inferno Red
mr312712 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2015, 10:54 AM   #7
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by car5car View Post
Top speed like 50cc Chinese scooter.
Pay triple price but you can save on gas...because it doesn't need gas! Diesel fuel cost 50% than gas.
What? Top speed identical to 4.0. Same torque as HO at half the revs. Let's see which of us can tow a 7000 lb caravan up a hill from a standing start fastest shall we! (Would still swap her for an HO in a flash if I could afford the fuel.....!)
Btw diesel is about the same price as gas over here.....bloody expensive! About $8.00 a gallon...was about nine per gallon but have recently seen the price drop a little!

Unread 08-06-2015, 04:17 PM   #8
mr312712
SPEED FREAK V8 FOR LIFE.

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
What? Top speed identical to 4.0. Same torque as HO at half the revs. Let's see which of us can tow a 7000 lb caravan up a hill from a standing start fastest shall we! (Would still swap her for an HO in a flash if I could afford the fuel.....!)

Lol let's see who's gonna take the longest to start up at -25 F. But anyway the H.O. makes 330 pound of torque @ 3600 RPM and 270 HP @ 5100 RPM. The 2.7 Diesel makes 161 HP @ 4000 RPM and 295 pounds of torque @ 1800 RPM, so they don't mimic the same torque. The H.O. has 100 more horses and 35 more pounds of torque. Not to mention the 2.7 0-60 Is 11.2 seconds and the H.O. Is only 6.7 seconds.
04 WJ Overland 4.7 H.O. Inferno Red
mr312712 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #9
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Better yet....the engine pics are the same in both pics. Look you can see the the jeep is blue in the engine bay pics...
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2015, 04:26 PM   #10
Svensson
2004 WJ 

I had my 2,7 reprogrammed to right around 210hp.. It's like a bullet now.
Svensson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2015, 07:12 PM   #11
MoonyJohn
Mallcrawler

2004 WJ 

A motor that turns at 1500 rpm is gonna just run and run forever. Im sure you can find some diesel fanatics could put a sweet turbo on there too

I wouldnt buy a diesel for racing, but Id take it for longevity.
Unread 08-06-2015, 10:08 PM   #12
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

This is a scam.... the engine bay pics tell it all... look they are the same engine bay in both pics

forumrunner_20150806_230726.jpg

forumrunner_20150806_230735.jpg
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #13
Jeeples
Elbows Deep In WJ's

2000 WJ 

I just want the power folding mirrors...

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 Laredo- Some more stuff

Build Thread

Real men run the stock rear sway bar at any height
Jeeples is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2015, 01:09 AM   #14
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr312712 View Post

Lol let's see who's gonna take the longest to start up at -25 F. But anyway the H.O. makes 330 pound of torque @ 3600 RPM and 270 HP @ 5100 RPM. The 2.7 Diesel makes 161 HP @ 4000 RPM and 295 pounds of torque @ 1800 RPM, so they don't mimic the same torque. The H.O. has 100 more horses and 35 more pounds of torque. Not to mention the 2.7 0-60 Is 11.2 seconds and the H.O. Is only 6.7 seconds.
My mistake, I meant same torque as non HO V8! 0-60 is of course much faster...but if you do that too often you probably bought the wrong vehicle. I think however you would be quite impressed with the flexibility of the Merc unit. It takes a steep hill to drop her out of top! Don't get me wrong...I'd love a V8 but funds don't allow......did take a long look at a V8 with LPG recently though....that's a possibility of anything happened to my old Jeep (hope it doesn't though!).
Unread 08-07-2015, 01:14 AM   #15
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
I just want the power folding mirrors...
My friend in the U.S. says the same. But he also wants the galvanized body, side turn signal repeaters, the standard UC suspension that all CRDs get, the heavy weight stainless Freedom edition style side steps (rather than the puny alloy ones he has!), rear fog lights, superior and virtually indestructible tranny with none of that antiquated overdrive nonsense etc etc etc! Will have to keep a close eye on him when he visits or half my car is going to go missing!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.