Where are you from & how did you get to where you are. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Where are you from & how did you get to where you are.

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
PeteNnewburg
1995 ZJ 

Where are you from & how did you get to where you are.

I'm born and raised in central PA. I spent a few years w/ the US Navy in Hawaii and San Diego. Family issues brought me back East. I've worked as a diesel mechanic, Rail Road parts machinist, Ford QS9000 Mfg. textile supply machine operator, Building & Grounds Sup for a small school system, Internet Sales via eBay, car/ parts swap meets & my own website. I currently answer to my wife of 20 years, a Jack Russel, a few cats, 4 chickens, my little Sister, my daughters, my son, my Grandsons, 2 son-in-laws and no one else. We built our home 16 years ago, (I'm still trying to reclaim my garage) Thank You to the VA!! Sandy took a good swipe at us, we will recover from her too!
I live in South Central PA, I enjoy the ability to have most tools to do what I want to do! I am more than happy to share my abilities & tools to local JeepForum members!

'89 F150, 4" Rancho
PeteNnewburg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
BuzzZJ9er
1998 ZJ 

Born and raised in VT. Tried NC for 6 months and wasn't for me so came home. Currently in VT and just bought a house with my wife, 2 kids and 2 dogs. I've been a machinist since high school.
BuzzZJ9er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
PeteNnewburg
1995 ZJ 

Nice!! ^^
While my Dad's side of the family was from VT/ MO/ CO, my mothers side is all Central PA. My Great-Grandfather +++ on her side founded the Benjamin Fish Foundry in Mechanicsburg, PA. I have some of his tools, hand made & 200+ years old!
'89 F150, 4" Rancho
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
AMLKiller42711
1998 ZJ 

I was born and raised in Southern California. I operated heavy equipment for 7 years, working all over Ca. At 28 I was diagnosed with leukemia, (1-18-11). On 4-27-11, after three rounds of chemo and 21 sessions of total body radiation, I received a bone marrow transplant, (one of my sisters was a perfect HLA match). It's been a tough couple years, but with the help of my wife of 9 years, 2 kids, 2 sisters and a few good friends I'm starting to be human again. I bought my ZJ this year and plan on enjoying the outdoors as much as possible again. I'm spending my time living now, and I appreciate everything now more than ever before. I'm a better person because of this experience.
AMLKiller42711 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
PeteNnewburg
1995 ZJ 

WoW! My little sister is doing chemo now, 6th or 7th round. She has a awesome attitude all things considered. She works/ worked for a hospital so at least her employer is very helpful.
Do you have a site for donations?
'89 F150, 4" Rancho
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #6
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

i was "made" in chicago but born here in phoenix. my moms parents moved down here because my grandpa got a job offer from one of his old friends, and my mom is very close to my grandma, so she wanted to move down here to be near them. first 6 months of my life, we lived with my grandparents. then my dad bought a house and we lived there until i was 13 and we had some hard times and had to sell the house. we were able to rent a house not even a mile away so we didnt have to move far. been in that house since. once i finish college, id like to move somewhere cooler. i absolutely hate the summers in AZ. 110*+ every day isnt my cup of tea lol. not to mention it isnt easy to keep the ZJ cool with those temps
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
PeteNnewburg
1995 ZJ 

I loved living in San Diego/ Chula Vista until my first earthquake! Weather was fantastic, watching people hitting "raised" earth on their motorcycle was not. But I think it was the second time we were robbed at gun point in our own bedroom that sealed the deal. My Grandfather was also hitting his end, so we split to PA, got there in time for him to be at the wedding!
'89 F150, 4" Rancho
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #8
AMLKiller42711
1998 ZJ 

Some friends put on a charity event in my name in 2011. They had computers set up so people could register on be the match registry online. The organization then sends out a couple Qtips to swab your mouth with and send back. They then enter the info into system and if anyone needs a transplant they'll contact you to see if you're still interested in donating. Also, City of Hope is the hospital where I received my transplant at, and they have a place there where my sister and a few others went to donate blood. Not sure what the total # of people who signed up was, but if anyone who reads this is interested, type "be the match registry" into a Google search and you may get a chance to save some kids parent's life some day.
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Born in Bozeman, MT but moved to Rapid City, SD when my parents divorced (I was 4). Lived in SD for 10 years, then the recession hit and my mom lost her job. Spent 6+ months looking for a local one. When one didn't turn up, she broadened her horizons and started looking into North Dakota and Montana. Guess which one she picked? So, off to the Big Sky Country we went! Spent my 8th grade year in a cramped rental house just a block from the Montana Capitol building. Mom's work started to pick up, so we moved to a better part of town and about that time I got my first ZJ! THAT was a good day! Also around that time, my dad moved up to be closer to my sister and I (we have a good relationship, so the 600+ mile trip from SD to MT once every 2 or 3 months killed him). That was also a good day. So here I am now, 18, about to graduate high school, and building and learning for my Army Ranger contract that will take me down to Georgia in late July. Oh joy... Georgia in July... haha so thats where I am now! Who knows what the future holds? My English teacher this year told me this, though: "The future is nothing but an illusion. You can't control it, and nothing you can do will change that fact."

I'm starting to sound like some kind of nut now, so I'll shut up.
-Evan
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #10
AMLKiller42711
1998 ZJ 

I love SoCal. Earthquakes don't bother me nearly as much as the bitter cold or the blistering heat. I worked outdoors most of my adult life, in the desert, mountains and by the beach. I've got some family in upstate New York(Amish country), and went in December one year and never went back.Bbbrrrrr!!! My house never gets below 40 or above 100. Pretty awesome in that way. Only complaint, too many damn people here.
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
PeteNnewburg
1995 ZJ 

After my second wife, I had a girlfriend from Missoula, MT! She was CRAZY, fun. On our second date she popped out of my bedroom (went in to freshen up!) dressed in a green satin cowgirl outfit, pasties complete with cap guns and boombox. Life can be really interesting!
'89 F150, 4" Rancho
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteNnewburg View Post
After my second wife, I had a girlfriend from Missoula, MT! She was CRAZY, fun. On our second date she popped out of my bedroom (went in to freshen up!) dressed in a green satin cowgirl outfit, pasties complete with cap guns and boombox. Life can be really interesting!
sounds like a good time
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #13
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post
Born in Bozeman, MT but moved to Rapid City, SD when my parents divorced (I was 4). Lived in SD for 10 years, then the recession hit and my mom lost her job. Spent 6+ months looking for a local one. When one didn't turn up, she broadened her horizons and started looking into North Dakota and Montana. Guess which one she picked? So, off to the Big Sky Country we went! Spent my 8th grade year in a cramped rental house just a block from the Montana Capitol building. Mom's work started to pick up, so we moved to a better part of town and about that time I got my first ZJ! THAT was a good day! Also around that time, my dad moved up to be closer to my sister and I (we have a good relationship, so the 600+ mile trip from SD to MT once every 2 or 3 months killed him). That was also a good day. So here I am now, 18, about to graduate high school, and building and learning for my Army Ranger contract that will take me down to Georgia in late July. Oh joy... Georgia in July... haha so thats where I am now! Who knows what the future holds? My English teacher this year told me this, though: "The future is nothing but an illusion. You can't control it, and nothing you can do will change that fact."

I'm starting to sound like some kind of nut now, so I'll shut up.
-Evan
Where at in GA? I'm in South Carolina.

I was born in Austin, TX. Dad just retired from WWF wrestling when I was born. Parents moved to SC when I was 3 for job opportunities. Lived in Greenwood, SC most my life. Then we moved to Aiken, SC where my moms parents live. Grandfather has definitely been the person I look up to, as he is living fairly well making 6 digits a year. He's supported me in many ways, especially my hobbies. Now that I'm 17 and I've been working since I was 15, I own 4 vehicles. I've bought and paid for each and every one. 1985 Chevy K10 on 44s(quite a bit of add ons), 2001 Ram 1500 5.9L on 35s(mild mods), 2 stock ZJs. I'm a mechanic part time, and I just started working at Sub Station II for the extra money. I go to school online, graduating this year as a Junior in HS.
Unread 05-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #14
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

born in maine. move to flordia at 2 years old. then move to ill. at 4, moved to wisconsin at 8, live in the sourthern and northern parts of the state. moved to texas for a summer and cali for a summer but didn't want to stay. now im stuck in wisconsin.
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopez View Post
Where at in GA? I'm in South Carolina.

I was born in Austin, TX. Dad just retired from WWF wrestling when I was born. Parents moved to SC when I was 3 for job opportunities. Lived in Greenwood, SC most my life. Then we moved to Aiken, SC where my moms parents live. Grandfather has definitely been the person I look up to, as he is living fairly well making 6 digits a year. He's supported me in many ways, especially my hobbies. Now that I'm 17 and I've been working since I was 15, I own 4 vehicles. I've bought and paid for each and every one. 1985 Chevy K10 on 44s(quite a bit of add ons), 2001 Ram 1500 5.9L on 35s(mild mods), 2 stock ZJs. I'm a mechanic part time, and I just started working at Sub Station II for the extra money. I go to school online, graduating this year as a Junior in HS.
Fort Benning!

Sounds like you have a pretty sweet gig. Wish I coulda gotten into auto mechanics younger. Started two summers ago and its been an experience ever since. My parents turned into total bookworms after high school (my mom was a basketball, softball and track star at her school, but went into law. Not much changed for my dad ) So none of them had ANY prior mechanical knowledge. At all. So I taught myself myself for the most part. And I'm definitely still learning (it shows haha)

As for the cowgirl outfit, my GF doesn't roll-play a whole lot... An ex of mine now... That's a different story

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.