What is it with JK guys?!?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > What is it with JK guys?!?!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Grand Cherokee Tie Rods & Adjusting SleevesJeep Grand Cherokee Grills

Unread 03-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #1
tshoeniner
1998 ZJ 

What is it with JK guys?!?!

Of at one of my friends and I were heading to go mudding and we passed a bham.jk.com meeting. Naturally I stopped to check out some of their sweet rigs. I pull up and ask a guy what it was. I said I have a grand Cherokee an you woulda thought I had 4 eyeballs. Then I was over looking at this lady's amazing JK and giving her multiple compliments. She just looked and nodded we head. I know not all JK guys are d**ks but why all the hate on the zj and a 5.9 nonetheless?

Unread 03-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #2
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

Sounds similar to the motorcycle world. The weekend enthusiasts that do all their work using their checkbook look down on anyone who doesn't ride the "right" scooter.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #3
tshoeniner
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensnelling
Sounds similar to the motorcycle world. The weekend enthusiasts that do all their work using their checkbook look down on anyone who doesn't ride the "right" scooter. Ken
it drives me crazy. I just want to experience the jeep wave a few times. Xj,Tj,yj, and cj guys are all cool. It's just the jk guys.
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #4
fishermandave95
1995 ZJ 

after I got my zj I hooked up with a local club and most them have wranglers of all yrs and they will purity much ignore ya if ya ant got one as well and not a lot of xj/zj in the club , guess they see ya as beneath them and don't think we have real jeeps , but we can go any place they do with the a/c on and feeling like we in a caddy

I FISH THEREFORE I AM !!
fishermandave95 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #5
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshoeniner View Post
I pull up and ask a guy what it was.
It's a stereotype. Because most of the ZJs around here are highway queens and 2WD, the local off road crowd doesn't consider any of them to be a credible wheeling machines. ZJs are for hauling kids, getting groceries, and breaking down of the side of the road.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:37 PM   #6
96zedjay
1996 ZJ 

Their jealous cause their stuck with that shaky V-6
96zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #7
fishermandave95
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96zedjay View Post
I couldn't imagine how they can live with that little thing , I feel bad for those little motors with the guys running 37+ tires , poor little thing has to be hurting

I FISH THEREFORE I AM !!
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:48 PM   #8
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

My jeep doesn't have a monthly payment.
xcaliber81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #9
tshoeniner
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997
It's a stereotype. Because most of the ZJs around here are highway queens and 2WD, the local off road crowd doesn't consider any of them to be a credible wheeling machines. ZJs are for hauling kids, getting groceries, and breaking down of the side of the road.
mine never breaks down on the road... Only the trail.
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #10
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Being on both sides of the fence, I realize that most ZJs are, though not necessarily mall runners, still not used for off roading as such. (My wife uses the ZJ for her 22 mile run to work in winter, so it sees some heavy snow, but that's pretty much it.) I don't generally wave from the ZJ, I don't think most people expect that (except for a modded/lifted one). But then again I don't often see people in ZJs (or Cherokees, GCs in general) waving to me in the Wrangler or the CJ (however the CJ2A gets additional waves however from guys in model Ts, dune buggies, IH Scouts, and vintage cars in general).

I wouldn't take it too seriously.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #11
tshoeniner
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96zedjay
no v6 can beat a mopar 360!
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #12
tshoeniner
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-h
Being on both sides of the fence, I realize that most ZJs are, though not necessarily mall runners, still not used for off roading as such. (My wife uses the ZJ for her 22 mile run to work in winter, so it sees some heavy snow, but that's pretty much it.) I don't generally wave from the ZJ, I don't think most people expect that (except for a modded/lifted one). But then again I don't often see people in ZJs (or Cherokees, GCs in general) waving to me in the Wrangler or the CJ (however the CJ2A gets additional waves however from guys in model Ts, dune buggies, IH Scouts, and vintage cars in general). I wouldn't take it too seriously.
I want to feel loved!
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:55 PM   #13
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Every time I end up in a trail group, the lead will stop the group and ask if I'm up to take certain obstacles and he'll say something like "I mean, I know the Jeeps can make it but..." And every time, I cut the guy off and ask him to read me what it says on the hood of my ZJ. And every time, I stay right with the Wranglers ahead of me and don't hold up the Wranglers behind me.

It's a money thing. JK owners have money to throw around, and ZJ owners don't appear to be as financially well-endowed, so there's a lot of looking down noses. By and large, JK guys didn't get into Jeeps for Jeeping reasons, they did it because they had some money to burn and thought "hey that'd be cool".

Any time a JK guy says something about "built, not bought" I roll my eyes so hard the torque could probably break loose a ZJ's axle nut.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #14
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshoeniner View Post
no v6 can beat a mopar 360!
Maybe not in a jeep.
xcaliber81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2015, 06:04 PM   #15
fishermandave95
1995 ZJ 

ya just think they have to spend what 20-30k for there jeep and then 15k more in mods to do what we can do for under 5-6k with buying the jeep and still put some gas in it and buy some lunch to hit the trail

I FISH THEREFORE I AM !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.