What did you do to your GC today? - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > What did you do to your GC today?

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!

Unread 10-23-2006, 07:25 AM   #826
aztec12

changed the tranny fluid,anti-freeze flush and changed the starter.Also i just put in Auto-rx in the engine to clean any junk that might be there.

aztec12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #827
Nehoc

Replaced the water pump. 220K miles on the original, it looked like it was ready to crack and spring leaks from about 4 different locations, not to mention the years of sludge that had built up. New pump installed, no more leaks from the worn outlets, truck runs right at 195, no climbing to 210 then dropping down to 195 over and over again.

Interestingly, the hardest part for me was getting that darned Fan off. Trust me, you do NOT want to remove the belt before you loosen the nuts.

Running list of work I've done on the jeep since I got it 8 months ago:

Multiple oil changes
Oilfilter adapter o-rings replaced
replaced the starter
replaced radiator, radiator hoses
replaced water pump
installed new top idler pulley
installed new thermostat (yeah yeah, this one is so simple it shouldn't even be on the list)

Now it's time to jump into the ignition and valves. Good times.
Nehoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #828
spuddybuddy

Fixed the oil filter adapter o-rings. Took a bit over an hour and was alot easier than I thought it would be. Also found the source of the noise in the rear when I hit a bump....she shed one of the fuel tank heat shields and hot it wedged above the axle, trackbar, and floorboard.

'06 G35 Coupe 6MT
- A bit faster than the ZJ
spuddybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #829
toke
I_R_Food

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nierace
Theres sleeves that can help get rid of clunk ?

My rear shocks clunk, but both the bottom and top are on tight I just dont get it...

I don't get how you have DW from it though = O

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/wj/wj_25kit.html
just past the middle of the page is the anti-clunk kit

and the death wobble came from the extra 3/4 inch lift .....changed my caster yet again

2001 Grand RIP

2004 Rubicon RIP
toke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #830
PumaZJ

ordered 8 johnny joints.

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4421
PumaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 09:30 PM   #831
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaZJ
ordered 8 johnny joints.

WOW a RARE apearance from PUMA... What do we owe this too? MC kick you out?
Unread 10-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #832
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Replaced the radiator and t-stat. Just one thing...Radiator Barn FTW!!!! That is one solid radiator!

And for the guys with Kevin's radiator support (ZJ), I did not trim the studs at the bottom of the RB radiator, and it fit well...tight, but well. Just had a little bit of carnage on the fill spout, but we were able to straighten that out with pliers and a little bit of elbow grease getting the cap on.

Jeep is running just right now temp-wise. Heater's actually getting hot too! Woot!
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #833
CrawfishStu
1995 ZJ 

Suday I picked up a big ole piece of 1/4" steel to make an engine skid. Finished the brackets to remount my sliders. Bought a No-Slip for the D35 and picked up a spare set of shafts and a spare carriers etc.
Unread 10-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #834
phant0omx
2012 WK 

finally installed my rear addco and energy bushings that i bought years ago. now i have the clunk...
phant0omx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 01:18 PM   #835
CJtoWJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toke
put on the 3/4 in spacers from KOR and the anti clunk shock sleeves in the rear new napa shocks ( the doestch tech shocks went bad)
and suceeded in bringing back not only the rear end clunk but DW as well

will it never end?
Quote:
Theres sleeves that can help get rid of clunk ?

My rear shocks clunk, but both the bottom and top are on tight I just dont get it...

I don't get how you have DW from it though = O

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant0omx
finally installed my rear addco and energy bushings that i bought years ago. now i have the clunk...
Sounds like two separate "clunk" issues. I've read about the upgraded rear sway bar rubbing and causing a "clunk". But as far as the shock issue goes, is this a normal result of replacing the stock shocks with after-market?

I have a dull "clunking" in the rear end, when driving over rough roads, Driving me nuts, can't figure out where it's coming from...
94 Cherokee
04 G-Cherokee
CJtoWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #836
nierace
2003 WJ 

The adco sway bar clunking on the differential was fixed on the newer ones, I'm not sure what date exactly but wjjeeps.com mentioned that they fixed that problem....

The clunks are very annoying, and everything is on tight for me so I'm just dumbfounded...I'll probably rip everything off again and regrease and see if htat helps...
sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 02:13 PM   #837
guango88
Air Trans

1996 ZJ 

bought a new Optima yellow top, and changed the starter at lunch time (1hr.) and everything is back to normal

Only one problem black finger nails

Last edited by guango88; 10-24-2006 at 03:03 PM..
guango88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #838
phant0omx
2012 WK 

Quote:
The adco sway bar clunking on the differential was fixed on the newer ones, I'm not sure what date exactly but wjjeeps.com mentioned that they fixed that problem....

The clunks are very annoying, and everything is on tight for me so I'm just dumbfounded...I'll probably rip everything off again and regrease and see if htat helps...

my bar is from 2002. i'm one lazy f-er lol. anyway i was expecting it to clunk since i have the old bar.

today, i tried to install the front addco and jks discos. after i got the old bar unbolted i started to bolt on the jks stuff to the bar only to find that the 1/2 inch jks bolt does not fit the addco hole. i assume the hole is about 3/8 then. so after cursing for a good 5 minutes i put everything on minus the jks disco. i did debate whether or not to just put them on with the stock bar though but didn't do it.

I may have cured my DW, which may have been caused by loose nuts/bolts at the sway bar end links. At least that is what i'm getting from my test drive.
phant0omx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2006, 12:05 AM   #839
GreenDean
1995 ZJ 

Found new hope!

Hallelujah!!!
GreenDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2006, 08:40 AM   #840
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

Um, details? You can't just leave us hanging like this!
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.