What did you do to your GC today? - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > What did you do to your GC today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-20-2006, 01:19 PM   #796
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Took my kegger intake manifold to the NAPA machine shop to have it vatted.

HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 08:18 AM   #797
SeanSR

KOR LP-2 square outer rail sliders.

Had a bit of a problem during installation. Seems one side of my jeep is about 1/8" further from the frame to the rocker panel than the other. In order to get the damn thing flush I had to have the mounting plate cut off and rewelded a little further out. Even if I could have gotten the top of the panel flush, which I couldn't, the bottom two bolts would not have been able to pull the bottom completely flush.

Here's what it looked like before:

Here's what it looks like now:
SeanSR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 11:00 AM   #798
Deschain
1995 ZJ 

picked up the center cap that the guys at the tire shop forgot to put back on
Deschain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #799
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanSR
KOR LP-2 square outer rail sliders.

Had a bit of a problem during installation. Seems one side of my jeep is about 1/8" further from the frame to the rocker panel than the other. In order to get the damn thing flush I had to have the mounting plate cut off and rewelded a little further out. Even if I could have gotten the top of the panel flush, which I couldn't, the bottom two bolts would not have been able to pull the bottom completely flush.

Here's what it looked like before:

Here's what it looks like now:
Click free...WJs look good with the square tube!
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #800
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Hey SeanSR mine were like that also. I just added washers behind the plate between the frame.

I changed my oil today
Unread 10-21-2006, 04:07 PM   #801
Nehoc

Did the oil filter adapter o-ring replacement. Bought a 3/8's Hex key socket, but ended up doing it just like it says in the FAQ. Small pipewrench, nice long breaker bar. Once I got it out, saw that the large o-ring was as hard and brittle as clay.

It actually took me longer to put the adapter back on than to take it off. Just not a whole lot of room in there. Nonetheless, o-rings replaced, new oil change, and now no more oil leaks at all. I'm a happy camper.

Tomorrow is change the water pump day. 220,000 miles on the old one, time to be a little proactive and do it when I've got a nice long Sunday to work with.

Next month, probably going to replace the power steering pump. I have to goose the throttle to get it to kick in at idle, and that bugs me. Combine that with replacing the A/C clutch bearing and all the PCV tubing (which is also as brittle as clay) and I think I'll be solid for a bit.

Until I buy my U joint front axels...
Nehoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #802
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Bought 2 gallons of coolant, t-stat, flush kit and t-stat gasket. I think I'm ready for Monday's project
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 05:27 PM   #803
///BHRpowered

Today, while washing off all the mud from yesterday when I was trying to stay clean I got smacked across the face with an idea. Yes I still want an unpainted laredo front bumper, but for everything eles, I can take pallet wrap to wrap the lower portion of the car. Wrapped the lower area and both bumpers with 2 layers, looks weird as hell and I had to cut a slit to open the door and get in, went out to find some mud, got back, just peeled it off and bam. a perfectly clean car again, without and rock chips on the layer fenders or small bushes trying to rough up or break though the clear coat.

I'm going to call it the mud condom

[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2370949]2000 Millenia S...Five figure spending account[/url]
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2384051]1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee...Gone but never forgotton[/url]
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2383985]2003 BMW M3 SMG...For Sale, PM if interested[/url]
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2484240]2000 "Jeep Grand Cherokee...4.7, Quadra-Drive, Loaded.[/url]
"A dark and bitter chill fills the air. once thriving life wallows away into ash as he slithers past, the very stars themselfs part to make way for his haunting, yet oddly claim arrival. Bhr approaches." - Hatter

"But i have to say, BHR's rants go hand in hand with moring coffee to get my day started - RXL"

Admin - [url]http://www.mazdaworld.net[/url]
///BHRpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 06:00 PM   #804
jeepnurse

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Changed the plugs. Champion truck plugs. Tomorrow the TJ gets the same.

04TJ 4.0 rc 4" susp lift, jks 1.25" bl, 1" front spacers, brown dog mml, aa sye, tw ds, 35" mtrs, rock crawler front bumper, barnes 4x4 rear bumper and tire carrier, ar wheels, 8.8 with lockright, jeeperman sliders, warn m8000, jks quicker discos

95ZJ 4.0 rusty's 3" susp lift, 2" front spacers, 33" mtrs, addcos front and rear, black diamond front track bar, jks rear track bar, jks quicker discos, trimmed fenders

It just goes to show you can't always tell the depth of the well by the length of the handle on the pump.
jeepnurse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 06:05 PM   #805
01 Gold Limited

Finally got a pic of the Jeep.. Since i bought it last month.. I installed front tow hooks, 5% Tint all around.. And my new deck and subs.. Its the limited edition and yes i had trouble installing it but if any one had any questions about it just message me..

Unread 10-21-2006, 08:51 PM   #806
Soft 8
2007 JK Wrangler 

Installed a 2" Rocky Road Budget Boost last night, Installed my beefed up transfer skid plate, and went out wheeling with my girlfriend to test it all, So Far... I love it... Now all I need is larger tires.... hmmm 31.5 x 10.8 sound pretty good...
Soft 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 10:24 PM   #807
SeanSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
Hey SeanSR mine were like that also. I just added washers behind the plate between the frame.
Interesting. Was it just on the drivers side? The passengers side everything was fine, mounted up flush. Also, it wasn't the sliders, I measured, they were identical. It was deffinitely the jeep, 1/8 inch further on one side than the other. Wonder if this is an '04 thing...

Washers would have worked for me if I could have gotten a drill at a perfect 90 degree angle under there, which I couldn't. I tried to drill though before recutting and using the bolts to pull the plate flush but that didn't work because my drill was too big to get at a good enough angle. The angle I did get it at caught the bolt threads on the mounting plate preventing them from threading the holes enough to get any kind of a grip. Cutting and rewelding seemed like the best solution.
SeanSR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #808
guango88
Air Trans

1996 ZJ 

Went to homedepot to get ply wd, load up, key in ignition and it wouldn't start*
and after a few (*%(*&^%*) wacked the started a couple of times and it came alive once again, I guess I have to take care of it before temp. starts droping up here
Unread 10-21-2006, 11:53 PM   #809
j.love
1994 ZJ 

"The mud condom" and I thought I was going nuts.

Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2006, 08:03 AM   #810
dturano547

Mud condom, i wonder when my local pharmacy will stock those next to the trojans.

Im still laughing as I scroll down to reply. Good one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.