What did you do to your GC today? - Page 1711 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > What did you do to your GC today?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 01-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #25651
MuddyNiner

1998 ZJ 

Pulled the 242 last night, swapping the input shafts and throwing up the new 231. All thats left is to order the new driveshaft and install the new novak cable shifter and she'll be back on the road again.

97 ZJ 19k Miles

98 TJ Sport
MuddyNiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #25652
teckman02
2002 WJ 

gotten a new smittybilt 2.5 gallon air tank setup fot 12 bucks shipped
teckman02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #25653
teckman02
2002 WJ 

brown santa stopped by

teckman02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #25654
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Finally had a day with some decent weather. It snowed a little, but it was ok. First order of business was the stupid steering wheel. I'd give up my first born child to find one in good condition, but I've given up on that. This will do for now.

I called a local yard and he said he had a bumper in for me. I pulled it myself and $100 later it and the absorber were mine. Can somebody tell me (honestly) what color it is? I'm color blind and didn't think to get the color code off of the Jeep. Again, out with the old and in with the new.

It looks a little nekkid...

Test fit

While I was under there I decided to replace the horn because mine didn't work. It does now.

And yes, Z88Z, the plastic header panel was cracked. I didn't notice until everything was off. For now, some Gorilla Glue will do. When I take it off to paint the bumper, the plastic will get replaced.

All buttoned up. I have a license plate bracket for the first time ever...

Some head light restore to hold me over until I get the new ones.

A quick run through the car wash and some Turtle Wax Ice finished off the day. I'll break out the clay bar and really clean it up... One of these days... You can see where the drivers' side clip is still a little bent. I'll fine tune that when it all comes off next time. This is just to keep the Popo off my case until all of my stuff comes in.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #25655
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post

I called a local yard and he said he had a bumper in for me. I pulled it myself and $100 later it and the absorber were mine. Can somebody tell me (honestly) what color it is? I'm color blind and didn't think to get the color code off of the Jeep. Again, out with the old and in with the new.

Looks like you bought a Dark Rosewood Pearl bumper for your Black or Dark Slate Pearl/Deep Slate Pearl Jeep

-GCJEEPING's build/mod thread-IT'S A GREEN THING...
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #25656
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
Looks like you bought a Dark Rosewood Pearl bumper for your Black or Dark Slate Pearl/Deep Slate Pearl Jeep
This. The new bumper is dark purple, rather than the deep charcoal grey of the Jeep.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #25657
HeadHunterCW
1997 ZJ 

Put in a new set of plugs. Still acting up when it's cold though.
HeadHunterCW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #25658
jbruse
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39
arb diff cover, new tail lights, new to me 35's and RCV's came in the mail
What size lift is this? Running spacers wit those 35s? Interested in your upgrades as I consider new ones for my WJ.
jbruse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #25659
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I added my first major performance mod this afternoon after work. $7.95 for two stickers. They each add 5.29 hp, so I'm right at 1 1/3 hp/$. A worthwhile investment!

It snowed yesterday, so forgive the water spots on the hood.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #25660
Shaggs2Dope
1999 WJ 

I've got the same albeit lower liters.
forumrunner_20130204_170906.jpg  
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #25661
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggsdclown View Post
I've got the same albeit lower liters.
Where do you guys get those? I saw a fugly JK the other day with 20" wheels, on street queen muds, and chrome everywhere. The only thing I liked was the same color decal on the hood that read: "3.7L Performance"

4.7L Powertech V8 l Iron Rock Offroad 3" Suspension Lift l Bilstein 5125 Shocks l Bilstein 5100 Steering Stabilizer l 17x8 Unique Steel Wheels l LT255/75R17 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM l Kevins Offroad Transfer Case Skid l Kevins Offroad Roof Rack Tire Carrier l Hella 500 Black Magic

http://ddoffroad.com
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #25662
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn View Post
Where do you guys get those? I saw a fugly JK the other day with 20" wheels, on street queen muds, and chrome everywhere. The only thing I liked was the same color decal on the hood that read: "3.7L Performance"
Ebay. There's a fellow on there that makes them any color you want. Just search for your respective displacement followed by "Performance Sticker" and you should find him.
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #25663
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Alternator finally **** the bed this morning on the way to work. That's what I get for putting it off. I knew it had at least a bad diode in it, but it stopped working totally. I limped into Advance running on battery juice only. I had him load test it and he confirmed my thoughts. Alternator was toast. So, $144 and about 15 minutes later I drove out of there with a reman 136A alternator in place. Definitely not what I wanted, but it'll do for now. I'd really like one of the 150A from Quadratec.

I guess it's not that bad. With high beams, efan, and the heat blasting the volt meter didn't drop below 14. That's good. Anyway, the pictures...

Out with the old, in with the new:

Everything lines up.

All buttoned up.
Unread 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #25664
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Removed 13 lbs of unnecessary weight. No more parking space hop scotch!

Unread 02-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #25665
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I feel like I'm the only one who posts in this thread... But do you know what's better than a nice, new alternator? A nice, new, red and black alternator! Again, you're going to have to settle for iPhone pictures until I get another camera.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.