JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Grand Cherokee General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/)
-   -   What did you do to your GC today? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/what-did-you-do-your-gc-today-268338/)

slick2570 05-03-2006 09:36 PM

What did you do to your GC today?

I think we need a single thread to keep up with the smaller everyday mods you guys do! Like today, i followed an older thread by Seel2000 about clearing up Foggy/Cloudy headlights! They look awesome! I would've taken pics, but my jeep is almost identical to his, and he took pics, so they would look the same.. But it was just a cheap mod that needed a few bucks and a bunch of elbow grease! What did you guys do to your GC's today!?
-Eric

ArloGuthroJeep 05-03-2006 09:38 PM

I argued with the dealership whether my exhaust was causing this grinding sound or whether it was my hub bearings being shot:rolleyes:

ajmorell 05-03-2006 09:38 PM

Washed it, vacuumed it, armor-alled it and Rotated the tires! Tomorrow I'm replacing the Neutral Safety switch....

wjeeper80 05-03-2006 09:39 PM

changed the oil and found a leaking axle seal

ArloGuthroJeep 05-03-2006 09:41 PM

Two days ago I ditched work to change my diff fluid and strip apart both wheels/calipers to chase down a clicking sound also:D 4 bolts on each side and I would have been down to bare axles...

Nick ZJ 05-03-2006 09:47 PM

I got the jeep stuck in 2wd in my driveway. Hole in the ditch. long story.

slick2570 05-03-2006 09:48 PM

stuck in driveway?

Long story doesnt matter... it sounds like a story i want to hear!
-Eric

10achik 05-03-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
I argued with the dealership whether my exhaust was causing this grinding sound or whether it was my hub bearings being shot:rolleyes:

Did you get the verdict?

I just stared at mine and smiled as I was leaving for work :D

YoungZJ 05-03-2006 09:54 PM

Put gas in mine, its a tremoundous job that requires a TON of work, back breaking kind of work. Its a HUGE performance boost compared to not running fuel. Worked wonders, I suggest everyone do it :). However, in California its not cheap, almost 3.50 a gallon, a costly mod to say the least.

ArloGuthroJeep 05-03-2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10achik
Did you get the verdict?

I just stared at mine and smiled as I was leaving for work :D

:rolleyes: Nope, going to the muffler shop tomorrow to see what they say for fixing it. I am hitting in two places, but only when I flex bad. A-arm in the back and between the cat and exhaust manifold hitting the oil pan:rolleyes:

YoungZJ 05-03-2006 09:59 PM

BTW can you post a link to that headlight thread? lol mine are a tad yellow, and if shes gonna be at a photo shoot saturday while i do my lift i want her lookin pretty.

Nick ZJ 05-03-2006 09:59 PM

Ok. Well as some of you may already know, I do not have a front driveshaft. It is being rebuilt so im in 2wd. I have no lockers either so basically im a golf cart with 1wd. Well I came home from school and parked the jeep like I normally do. (Refer to pic as I tell story) See that concrete drain? I usually park facing it about 8 feet away. Well today I did the usual and went inside and came onto jeep forum. Well, feeling motivated I decided to work on the jeep so I went outside. I thought I had parked a little too close, and the jeep was flexing. Without the driveshaft the jeep rolls as it pleases in park, so it had rolled into this 2 foot deep hole at the bottom of the drain. Drivers side tire was right down in it. Passanger rear tire was maxed out with small shocks and swaybar, so The tire spun. I got under the jeep and jacked it up, I got the driver front tire as high as I could, and built it a platform out of wood. I had my moms boyfriend push on the front hard and I floored it in 4 lo. It struggled for the little bit of traction buy finally gave in and I rolled back out of the hole. Im going to get that driveshaft as soon as possible. Here is the pic. Hows that for a bed time story lol !!!!!!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...J/100_0993.jpg

Nick ZJ 05-03-2006 10:02 PM

I feel ashamed. My neighbor Dick Johnson came out and says, "dont you have 4wd on that thing?" I wanted to kick him in the head. It really is pathetic that my jeep with a 6" lift and 33s gets stuck in my driveway. BTW that pic is not of me stuck. I was facing it with the drivers tire in that hole.

YoungZJ 05-03-2006 10:03 PM

nice :). So you dont have a rear shaft in it?

grandman97 05-03-2006 10:06 PM

why didnt u put it in drive and go straight throught the ditch.... momentum alone would have probably gotten u through???

i started my zj for the 1st time in a month.... well tried to start it... the battery was dead so i took tthe optima out of the YJ and put it in the zj and drove to school, it still makes that horrible grinding noise at all times and the rear tires dont hold air and it takes 65$ to fill it... this thing sucks... as soon as i fix 4wd i am selling it for a f350 dually

The time now is 01:06 PM.