What is the deal with companies these days? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > What is the deal with companies these days?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 09-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
BigFire
1979 CJ7 

What is the deal with companies these days?

Whats the deal with Kevins Offroad and Iceland Offroad? Out of business? Or just crap for customer service?

I did email kevins a couple of weeks ago, and got a pretty fast response, but now nothin'. Been trying since last friday. I just want to order spacers!!

Iceland is just ridiculous, and after reading some threads, looks like they are not the best in customer service. So no Iceland bumper for me I guess. That is a shame for them.

Anyway, does anyone have LSRgregs number? Looks like I will have to go that route for a bumper.

I do want to give props to Kolak for his continued great customer service, and Iron Rock for theirs, even though I know both are super busy right now!

I am also thinking about maybe producing spacers for the WJ. I used to work for a urethane company, and my best friend still is in the business. He says he could shoot em for me if I make the molds. I could do runs as low as 20 sets up to how many I want.

PM me if you would be interested in something like that so I can get a feel for the market. I would make 3/4", 1", 1-1/4" which seems like a good deal for us guys adding bumpers/winches/etc.

Sorry for the rant, but it is healthy to vent.

Unread 09-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
BigFire
1979 CJ7 

Now re-reading that my main point is companies need exceptional customer service these days. That is what I provide for my customers at work, and I expect the same when I am the customer.

Maybe I am just gettin old
Unread 09-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

KOR replied to me fairly quick, but his shipping was effn ridiculous!!!! He said he wouldnt do USPS to me in Hawaii because he had "bad experiences" so charged my *** fedex. last time i ever order from him again, he's just lucky i need the trackbar bushings...

Kolak was always there for me, and gave me deals. His shipping took a while but i still give him a thumbsup.

IRO was hands down the best. answered all my questions, gave me deals and shipped hella fast for usps!!

as for your spacers...is this for WJs and ZJs?
I'll be interested in 3/4" for a WJ all around!
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
BigFire
1979 CJ7 

WJ's, ZJ's, JK's. Pretty much whatever once I get molds built. We are probably looking late spring before getting them finalized for production. Gotta test em first!
Unread 09-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
TjinTopeka
2002 WJ 

My experience with KOR. My order was place August 29th, and I received my bushings on September 1st. But as far as Email or Phone you probably already know they don't have anyone taking calls.
TjinTopeka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
BigFire
1979 CJ7 

I'm trying to find out if they have the bushings in stock before I order. No sense in wasting money if it's on backorder for months.
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
TjinTopeka
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHJeepWJ View Post
I'm trying to find out if they have the bushings in stock before I order. No sense in wasting money if it's on backorder for months.
Yea I didn't really understand how they have no one to answer phones, its not that technical of a job. But unless you make your own like you suggested they kinda have you by the balls.
TjinTopeka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
BigFire
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjinTopeka View Post
Yea I didn't really understand how they have no one to answer phones, its not that technical of a job. But unless you make your own like you suggested they kinda have you by the balls.
Yes. Yes they do.
Unread 09-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
phant0omx
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHJeepWJ View Post

Whats the deal with Kevins Offroad and Iceland Offroad? Out of business? Or just crap for customer service?

I did email kevins a couple of weeks ago, and got a pretty fast response, but now nothin'. Been trying since last friday. I just want to order spacers!!

Iceland is just ridiculous, and after reading some threads, looks like they are not the best in customer service. So no Iceland bumper for me I guess. That is a shame for them.

Anyway, does anyone have LSRgregs number? Looks like I will have to go that route for a bumper.

I do want to give props to Kolak for his continued great customer service, and Iron Rock for theirs, even though I know both are super busy right now!

I am also thinking about maybe producing spacers for the WJ. I used to work for a urethane company, and my best friend still is in the business. He says he could shoot em for me if I make the molds. I could do runs as low as 20 sets up to how many I want.

PM me if you would be interested in something like that so I can get a feel for the market. I would make 3/4", 1", 1-1/4" which seems like a good deal for us guys adding bumpers/winches/etc.

Sorry for the rant, but it is healthy to vent.
LSRGreg works for Lonestar racing. You can order direct. http://www.lsracing.com/incline-front-bumper.htm
phant0omx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 02:16 AM   #10
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I just sent Greg a link to this thread on Facebook, hopefully he will get back to you soon about the bumper.

I went with the Iceland bumper as I wanted to keep the weight down. But the LSR bumper is the BEST metal bumper on the market IMO. I am jealous of the insane radiator protection that it provides.

I ordered a skid from Kevins Offroad recently. They were great to work with, I will order from them again.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 02:25 AM   #11
Kolak
Vendor

I'm a dealer for the LSR bumpers so please hit ol' Kolak up if you want one
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #12
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
KOR replied to me fairly quick, but his shipping was effn ridiculous!!!! He said he wouldnt do USPS to me in Hawaii because he had "bad experiences" so charged my *** fedex. last time i ever order from him again, he's just lucky i need the trackbar bushings...

Kolak was always there for me, and gave me deals. His shipping took a while but i still give him a thumbsup.

IRO was hands down the best. answered all my questions, gave me deals and shipped hella fast for usps!!

as for your spacers...is this for WJs and ZJs?
I'll be interested in 3/4" for a WJ all around!
Wait, what? I ship USPS Priority everywhere unless otherwise directed, and haven't had any trouble at all.

Yeah, there's a weight limit (75# domestic, 25# or so international, I think,) and you can get clobbered on "dim weight," but the dim weight thing is with everyone, and once I want to ship more than the weight limit I'm going to get screwed wherever I go.

But, I don't usually hit the dim weight limit or general weight limit, so no trouble. PP flat rate boxen - pack it, pay it, and it goes!

(Yes, even to HI and AK. And Canada, Mexico, South Africa, Indonesia, UAE, Germany, ...)
Unread 09-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #13
smunns

This is why I go with IRO whenever I can. Top notch customer service. When I needed some parts asap they boxed up my order for me right after I got off the phone with them and shipped it that day even though they were backed up.
smunns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #14
BigFire
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
I'm a dealer for the LSR bumpers so please hit ol' Kolak up if you want one
Sent you an email.
Unread 09-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #15
patrick983
2000 WJ 

ive ordered from KOR online and never had trouble getting my products, it takes me a few extra days since it comes cross country.

I ordered my LSR bumper direct from LSracing, i called up, talked to Greg, he put me in touch with Bobby, who handled all the financial stuff and was my contact. i felt like i was purchasing a car the communication was so good and we were able to work out some reasonable truck freight.

Never had an issue with IRO either, theyve always been good to me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.