Westlake Tires ? any good ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Westlake Tires ? any good ??

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
adamysr

Westlake Tires ? any good ??

has anyone heard of Westlake Tires ? I was looking into the SL369 which is an A/T tires. tread looks decent, just never heard of them. These will be going on my work truck (DD), not my jeep. heres a link to the site

http://www.westlaketireusa.com/tires/rltsuv

adamysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
jm8881
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
The Westlake brand was founded in 1958 and is the largest and fastest growing brand of passenger, light truck, SUV, commercial truck and bus radial, and industrial tires and rubber products in China.

Most recently ranked #10 largest tire manufacturer in the world by Tire & Accessories magazine.
I don't know if this means they were made in China or not.
jm8881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
adamysr

Ya there a china tire. Are they all crap ?? Or is that jumping to conclusions ?
adamysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #4
ErikTheRad
1993 ZJ 

I just went through this, I was looking at those same tires. I did a bunch of research and ended up calling a buddy of mine who owns a tire shop in Auburn. He said yeah, he sells alot of em because of price, a DECENT tire at best, expect about 20k to 25k miles regardless of their mileage claims. He said he'd be happy to order me a set but he suggested a better tire that he could get at about the same price-- Delta National (aka Del-Nat) Sentinel AT701. Its an American tire company but the Sentinel line of tires is manufactured in China. The tread is better than the Westlake, beefier side lugs, slightly more aggressive pattern, all-around better looking tire that he says also has a much better rubber compound and should outlast the Westlake by a good deal. I bought a set of 5 and Im very glad he suggested them, I like em alot better than the Westlake and only paid a total of $20 more than I would have for a set of 5 Westlakes. (thats only $4 more per tire for you folks in Rio Linda, Ca) Take a look.
ErikTheRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

The A/T you want off that link looks to have the same tread pattern as hankook's A/T. If you get the hankooks through discount tire then you know they will stand behind them if you have any problems with them.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
Mike2909
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hi from the UK. I bought my WJ last October and it had a set of the Westlake A/T tires on it. I was not impressed with them at all.Poor road manners in the wet primarily put me off. I bought a set of Coopers within a month.
I would not recommend the Westlake tire at all.
Here in the UK the Westlakes are a budget (cheap) option but long term they will cost more. I suppose it depends how long you intend keeping the vehicle they are going to be put on.
Mike2909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.