welding - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > welding

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-05-2013, 03:31 AM   #16
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

This is what I'm buying next time. Mig, tig and arc in one all on one little cart.

mil907518.jpg  
Unread 05-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #17
RevNL
1999 WJ 

Very happy with a Hobart Handler 187.

I've done enough arc welding with 120v vs. 240v equipment that I didn't even bother with a 120v MIG. It was worth running 240 to the garage.

If you use a 120v welder, make sure you're on a 20 amp circuit with 12 gauge wiring, and the heaviest cord you can get.
RevNL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #18
Brandonsdad02
2000 WJ 

I can't wait to get the Lincoln Powerwave 355+. That's what I use at work and love it.
Brandonsdad02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #19
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
I know I would not buy a harbor freight welder and I am a beginner when it comes to welding.
In other words you are just saying that because of the brand. I was asking for someone who actually used them. A ton of their stuff has become a lot better quality wise recently. I was wondering if the HF welders also have.

Sent from my blimp fortress using my carrier pigeons.
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #20
tfink
1993 ZJ 

I had the 90 amp harbor freight welder it great little welder but not for bumper,repairs. I currently have a 120 Mac flux core welder that gives me nothing but problems,.
tfink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
adolphhipster
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycreativename View Post

In other words you are just saying that because of the brand. I was asking for someone who actually used them. A ton of their stuff has become a lot better quality wise recently. I was wondering if the HF welders also have.

Sent from my blimp fortress using my carrier pigeons.
Like i said before. Im new to welding and bought the harbor freight cheapest one and love it. Does anything i need it too. Here's an example of what i just welded up.
forumrunner_20130505_194837.jpg   forumrunner_20130505_202651.jpg  
adolphhipster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #22
metalhead
2000 WJ 

I buy lots of stuff from harbor freight. I am just very selective in what I buy. I have had problems with some of there stuff. Like a spring compressor I bought from them broke. Luckily I did not have the spring too compressed or I would not be here today. I am a mechanic and have their tool box and I have a 1/2 inch drive impact gun that works great. I just would not buy a welder from them.
metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

I bought a Hobart Handler 140 when learning. It's a Miller knock off. Great Machine parts are easy due to being interchangeable with Miller.
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.