***warning..omc offroad*** - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ***warning..omc offroad***

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #1
TeeJay4490
1999 WJ 

***warning..omc offroad***

Recently a fellow jeeper brought to my attention a company that should NOT BE DEALT WITH. He paid OMC offroad 650 dollars to make a rack and tailgate rack for his KJ. They charged him 650 dollars. Rack did not fit at all! On top of that it took months to get it. Afterwards they remade brackets for the rack which also did not fit. Said jeeper asked to ship it back and get a refund. Their response was we will give you 250 and you ship it back. Thats not good enough. Now they wont even respond.

Now I know this was for a KJ but many of you on here have multiple jeeps. I wanted to save everybody some hassle and let them know to NOT deal with this company. They make shotty products and have terrible customer service.

1999 Grand Laredo 4x4: [SIZE="2"]Whats left of a front bumper - JK Saharas' with 33's - 4 in. Rough Country lift - HID conversion - Double cardon conversion - TJ gas cap mod - Recovery points added - Painted cladding and grill - Skid plates - All moog suspension- Roof Rack -CB radio - Cut and trimmed fenders[/SIZE]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjswj-build-thread-1438516/[/url]

[url]http://wjjeeps.com/[/url]
TeeJay4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 03:05 AM   #2
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Didn't think it would make it here...but yea, crappy situation. I followed the whole thing on facebook.

Their WJ hood louvers looked halfway decent. Shame.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
OverlandZJ
1998 ZJ 

I don't see them offering a rack for a KJ on their website. Was this requested as a custom job and who provided the details?

What's the whole story?
OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 02:38 AM   #4
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

OP's friend approached the vendor and asked for a custom, one off, item that they did not produce. It would appear that he was not charged for labor or prototyping, only for material and laser time. In addition, he knew full well the vendor did not have a KJ test fit products on prior to them sending things out. It also appears that the vendor tried a few times to get the mounts right and when they could not fabricate the roof rack mounts to the customer spec, they agreed to a refund.

The customer, OP and his friends now appear to be hell bent on running a smear campaign against the vendor.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:16 AM   #5
TeeJay4490
1999 WJ 

This guys full of ****^. He still has the ****ty mounts that came with it. HE STILL hasnt gotten new mounts. And the guy from OMC offroad told the the guy he had a kj to work with. All he wanted was his money back but the guy keeps refusing and now is ignoring him. But yes you are right, it is a smear campaign. The guy ****ing deserves to have his name smeared, hes a god damn thief and a liar.

1999 Grand Laredo 4x4: [SIZE="2"]Whats left of a front bumper - JK Saharas' with 33's - 4 in. Rough Country lift - HID conversion - Double cardon conversion - TJ gas cap mod - Recovery points added - Painted cladding and grill - Skid plates - All moog suspension- Roof Rack -CB radio - Cut and trimmed fenders[/SIZE]

Unread 01-12-2014, 06:18 AM   #6
TeeJay4490
1999 WJ 

Oh and the "refund" he offered was for my friend to pay to send it back and get a refund of 250 dollars.

Unread 01-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #7
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

nobody asked for one-off. some one did, however ask for a copy of the xj tube rack and ended up with some aluminum thing that can't even be used. you were close though whiteout. and i hawked his products to my friends for the past 3 months while i waited for the correct mounting brackets. 3 months. with a different excuse every week as to whey they weren't coming. i got sick of waiting 2 months ago and asked for a refund and offered to send rack back. vendor insisted he could make it right but after another month and a half, still nothing but excuses. that's it in a nutshell. their trunk rack is nice and i will use mine, but the roof one does not fit. this has snowballed into some crazy huge thing all bc this guy wouldn't issue a refund and let me return my rack. he insisted he could fix it and never did. now i'm just waiting for a refund that was promised 5 days ago. and that one-off rack turns out to not have even been test fit; dude got his measurements off a KJ in a junkyard.

would you be satisified or want a refund as well or would you continue to wait for something that was PROMISED DELIVERED BEFORE 10/25 BEFORE ANY PAYMENT WAS MADE or would you want your money back to get something you could use since it's camping season and i can't carry any gear on my roof now? know the details before you open your mouth.

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #8
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

and as was explained to the vendor, as soon as a refund is issued, everything will be made right. i didn't ask these people to do this, they did it on their own accord and i had them stop the other night when it got out of hand. but once again, everyone has clearly stated that they just want to see a refund issued so all parties can move on. and i don't know about smear campaign when it's this many people i don't even know saying things. vendor dicked over a group of WJ guys too over hood louvers. got em all hyped up about it, and wanted pre-payment with no product. good thing i got screwed first so they didn't.

Unread 01-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #9
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

everyone needs to just calm down and leave it alone. let the vendor issue a refund. if he doesn't, then we can talk about it. but give him a chance to fix it.

Unread 01-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #10
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

What does the vendor's refund/return policy state for custom fabricated parts? Because a lot of companies are very clear on that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #11
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

nothing was ever stated. it turns out now that we did some digging that this guy's pretty much fly by night. he would tell me something was being made, and then i would wait a week or so, and then ask for an update, and there was another excuse as to why it wasn't done. supposedly he went through like 3 metal guys bc nobody could make the roof rack mounts correctly. (yes, a fab shop outsourcing fab) and i felt like i had to threaten him with wanting a refund to get him moving on making the parts. meanwhile he's putting up "new release" parts and **** on his facebook page all the time. i offered to ship the rack back for a refund. explained numerous times that i wasn't mad, just that i needed a working product which he could not provide and still hadn't corrected after almost 90 days. i've never been mean about the situation to the guy, just tired of waiting and getting what seems like the runaround. i don't like to screw with a small business any more than the next guy, but if you can't provide something, then be straight up and tell the customer. don't try to hide **** and make up excuses bc it only bites you in the ***.

Unread 01-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #12
badlandszj

I will never do business with this company !!! Thanks for the heads up
badlandszj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #13
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
nobody asked for one-off. some one did, however ask for a copy of the xj tube rack and ended up with some aluminum thing that can't even be used. you were close though whiteout. and i hawked his products to my friends for the past 3 months while i waited for the correct mounting brackets. 3 months. with a different excuse every week as to whey they weren't coming. i got sick of waiting 2 months ago and asked for a refund and offered to send rack back. vendor insisted he could make it right but after another month and a half, still nothing but excuses. that's it in a nutshell. their trunk rack is nice and i will use mine, but the roof one does not fit. this has snowballed into some crazy huge thing all bc this guy wouldn't issue a refund and let me return my rack. he insisted he could fix it and never did. now i'm just waiting for a refund that was promised 5 days ago. and that one-off rack turns out to not have even been test fit; dude got his measurements off a KJ in a junkyard.

would you be satisified or want a refund as well or would you continue to wait for something that was PROMISED DELIVERED BEFORE 10/25 BEFORE ANY PAYMENT WAS MADE or would you want your money back to get something you could use since it's camping season and i can't carry any gear on my roof now? know the details before you open your mouth.
shoulda bougjt another WJ....

Sucks that had to happen...
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #14
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
shoulda bougjt another WJ....

Sucks that had to happen...
LOL Or learn to build your own parts or have them fabbed locally so you can be face to face with them.
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #15
OMCOFFROAD
1993 XJ Cherokee 

So a refund was issued to mrj and as for us we are not a fly by night shop. And we did make it very clear it was a prototype product. It was also explained that it was a aluminum rack to save weight on his KJ. Also this was product we didn't make. And yes we went through 3 metal guys cause when setting up for production a CNC Press Brake and CNC laser table are a little expensive. Any average joe can built a one off do it for production not 1 & 2 out of your shop. Oh on another note if I was a fly by night business of a fraud why did we do a built for Petersen's 4Wheel&Off-Road. To do that you need credability and a real shop. So with that being said thank you for your remarks and the campaign and every story has two sides.
OMCOFFROAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.