VonEricsen's Build thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > VonEricsen's Build thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #46
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Thanks.

Moss Green 95 5.2l zj- 3in lift (2" BB + Upcountry coils), 255 75 R17 BFG M/T on JK Moabs, Durango Airhat, Mopar ECU, Mopar Tire Carrier
vonericsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #47
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

So this summer I will be working on the following for my jeep:
-Fixing the AC
-Finding and fixing my vacuum leak
-Kolak exhaust
-5.9 soundbar install
-5.9 shifter handles

I might do more than this as far as what I do to my jeep, but I'll have to see how much money I make this summer.

Some pictures from earlier today when I was bored and went exploring:

My Dad and I are also looking at attending the All-4-fun in Salida Colorado:
http://www.mhjc.org/2011all4funsite/index.html

thats all for now

Moss Green 95 5.2l zj- 3in lift (2" BB + Upcountry coils), 255 75 R17 BFG M/T on JK Moabs, Durango Airhat, Mopar ECU, Mopar Tire Carrier
Unread 05-31-2011, 07:22 PM   #48
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Stuff recently done:

5.9 shifter handles installed

redid the mounting on my hood vents and repainted them

I just drilled out holes where the screws were holding them in place before and used buttonhead hex bolts and nylock nuts to secure them in place because I got tired of the screw i was using to hold them in place falling out or wiggling their way out....and I like the look a lot better.

Now I have to figure out my ac leak and order the stuff to fix it and I'm thinking I'll remove my headliner to redo it and put in the center mount for the soundbar.
Also working on redoing the grill since the gross chrome is poking its ugly head back through again.
Bought a limited grill from the junkyard that I sanded, painted and will clearcoat and mesh soon. Just want to make sure it dries all the way before I install it so that the paint doesn't chip off this time.

Unread 06-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #49
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Grill repainted, clear coated and installed, much better.

working on installing the sound bar with center support bracket and redoing the headliner

but went a little further with this project

because of:

now I'm looking into which bedliner to get to bedline the floor before I reinstall all the trim

Unread 06-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #50
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

I gotta check my budget to see if I have enough money to do the bed lining....I hope so but I'll have to check that again

Sent from my DROIDX using JeepForum

Unread 06-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #51
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

So my mom went to drive my jeep this morning and it would not start at all...so I just got off from work and started doing simple tests to see if I could figure out what was going on but couldn't find anything.
I checked all the fuses, wires I may have touched and so on. The starter turned fine but the engine never caught.
After finding nothing wrong for about half an hour I finally told it to start if it wants me to keep the carpet and it started....weird right?
Just to be sure this isnt just random and not the Jeep speaking for itself I'm going to wait a little while and try starting it again to test for a fuel pump problem. At this point my mom just wants me to get everything cleaned up so I might just hold off on the bedliner for now and put my money towards a budget boost and shocks....I just want to see if I can get it clean first

Unread 06-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #52
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

started getting all the interior reinstalled today.

the only thing I am confused about is this connector:

the one with the yellow plugs into the seat, but I have no idea what the other one is and it was only on the passenger side

Got the headliner back in too, but its too dark to take a pic of it, plus I still have a few more pieces of trim to install. I'll post pictures once that is finished sometime tomorrow or the day after

Unread 07-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #53
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Duplicate post

Unread 07-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #54
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

I'll put some pics of recent progress up later tonight or tomorrow, but I now have
a new stereo installed,
more of the interior installed,
The ac is working now.

I also have some parts for sale:
Headliner,
Meshed grill (needs some paint),
Rear hatch trim (black),
Gray center console,
Stock v8 intake,
Trailer hitch.

If you want any of those things let me know what your offer is.

Also found or I need to upgrade my alternator since it can't keep up anymore...fix one problem and find another...tons of fun

Unread 07-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #55
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I believe the second connector on the passenger side plugs into the seat as well. At least that's how it works in WJ's. It's got to do with the control or power or somesuch for the heated seats. I only know this because I pulled WJ seats out of a jy Jeep and put them in my ZJ. The seat on the driver's side had some wires that went under the carpet and came out over under the passenger seat, which plugged into it. I think there was just the one connection on the driver's side, and those wires came from it. I'm not sure why there were two on the passenger side.

And I could be wrong as we're talking about a ZJ here.

It's a nice looking Jeep, btw. I got sidetracked here.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #56
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Awesome, thanks for letting me know....that does make sense that it would be for the heated seats...I dont have heated seats so it makes sense that there would be an extra plug.

working on uploading some pictures now....

Unread 07-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #57
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

So here are the pictures:

old accumulator vs new accumulator

old discharge hose vs new

fixing the ac wasn't very hard. Only problem I had was once I got to the shop,
they found a leak at the compressor manifold and told me I need a new manifold or compressor since it wasn't sealing all the way down...
all I said was "thanks for trying, looks like I'm going to the junkyard tomorrow"....
10 minutes later they come in and tell me they think they got it to seal all the way and are going to charge my system after they finished evacuating it...

I also painted the dash a little bit:

I installed amps and a sub and installed the 5.9 soundbar I have too, but I forgot to take pics and its a little dark right now so I'll get pics later.

Lastly, I went offroading with my dad not too long ago:

(I was a little surprised by the amount of snow still in the mountains)

Unread 07-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #58
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Better pic of the dash:

I decided to paint the Word JEEP on my glovebox the same green as my Jeep:

I replaced my alternator with one from the junkyard the other day since mine wasn't keeping up.
This one is a 136amp alternator and has a tag on it saying it was rebuilt in 2008.
At first it didn't sound too great, but I bought it anyways since I have 30 days to bring it back for a refund...
A bearing sounded bad, but I cleaned it up and sprayed some penetrating oil into it, and so far it sounds fine...
no howling bearing or any other weird noises and is able to keep up unlike the stock 90amp I had.

Sound system.

soundbar installed:

This is under one seat, but there is another under the other:

One amp powers the rear door speakers and soundbar, the other powers the front speakers and sub.
I need to clean up the wiring a little more but I'm too lazy right now. lol

sub:

The sound system sounds great compared to how it used to sound...partly because I now have a sub and partly because I fixed a lot of rattling noises in my jeep

Currently I am finally getting around to finishing up the handle on my tire carrier...
when i got it, the old one had rusted off so I've been working on making a new one from some aluminum from home depot...I'm almost done with it now, just got tired of working in the sun:

Unread 01-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #59
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Its been a while since I last updated this, but here are some things that have been done:

2" BB

extended the rear spring posts

installed some JKS quick disconnects...Just have to install the posts that mount to the skid plate.

seat covers

Also got lucky and found a trunk liner in the junkyard a while back, so now I have that too.
I was at my local junkyard today and saw a few zj's with the upcountry springs and i'm thinking of getting them, but first I have to fix the following:

Electric fan (didn't turn on today on the way back from the junkyard, I think the motor seized)
Coolant leak. - I know where its at, just gotta fix it
Exhaust manifolds are leaking a little so I gotta fix those too...hope my mileage will go back up after doing this.

and when that is all done I hope I can relax and go wheeling...

Unread 01-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #60
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

just went through this whole thread. in case you havent found/figured out what the connector in that pic was, the one with yellow as stated is for seats, and the other one is the plug that a scan tool such a the DRB2 that chrysler group dealerships would have
IRO 4.5" Lift
35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's

98 5.9
Restored and daily driven
BlackDaddyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.