VonEricsen's Build thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > VonEricsen's Build thread

Bilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 06-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #31
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

thanks. i do what i can when i have a few bucks to spend...i hate being a poor college student sometimes...

i saw that you painted some of your interior panels with krylon, is that holding up well? i'm thinking of doing something like that soon since they are faded in some parts...

Moss Green 95 5.2l zj- 3in lift (2" BB + Upcountry coils), 255 75 R17 BFG M/T on JK Moabs, Durango Airhat, Mopar ECU, Mopar Tire Carrier
vonericsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #32
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

yea it hold up nice, just wash them with soapy water, rinse and rub them with a scotch pad to remove any residue and let them dry all the was before reinstalling them for best results. I just cleaned them up with a red scotch pad and painted and let them dry in the sun. They are holding up for me. just some scratched where i did let them dry all the way. Otherwise its a good paint, I used krylon fusion the stuff made for plastics

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #33
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

alright, cool. the next thing i'll do while saving for my lift (and while i'm working on the tire carrier) will be to paint the interior panels.

Moss Green 95 5.2l zj- 3in lift (2" BB + Upcountry coils), 255 75 R17 BFG M/T on JK Moabs, Durango Airhat, Mopar ECU, Mopar Tire Carrier
Unread 06-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #34
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

i should have mine posted up tonight, on my build thread and my paint job thread

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #35
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

sweet i'll take a look

Unread 07-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #36
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

i went and had a little fun today at Vedauwoo and took some pictures. i went to draw something for my art class and decided i should hae a little fun at the same time

i drew the rocks in the background of this pic

massive flex! lol

heres some pics of some much better flex than above...would have went further on the rock but i stated losing traction in the rear as the tire was coming off the ground slowly

and my Dad got himself a new Jeep yesterday

we are going to go offroading this weekend with it

Unread 09-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #37
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

went to the junkyard today and picked up a 2speed taurus efan. i will be doing the efan conversion sometime after i get a controller for it. I also scored a hilift jack for $6 all it needs is a handle since i couldnt find the handle laying around. i've still got other projects to complete but owell. lol

Unread 09-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #38
PaLftr
1997 ZJ 

Your dad's got a little Captain in him.

Get a BB and some black wheels!
Unread 09-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #39
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

i've been leaning towards painting my wheels but just need some time to do it. I am looking at lifting soon, just gotta pay my school bills and see what i have left first...

Unread 11-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #40
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

Clean jeep but i think those hood louvers would look waaaaayyyy better on my jeep! lol
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #41
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Alright, so a little update now that i have a short break from working my *** off at school...
I will be doing the taurus efan swap pretty soon here and have been doing reading on the kegger mod and will be doing that one once i am done with my finals. Those are the next 2 things on the to do list right now.

Unread 11-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #42
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
Clean jeep but i think those hood louvers would look waaaaayyyy better on my jeep! lol
get ur own louvers. lol. they are nice and i think they were worth spending $70 on. I'm surprised the krylon paint i painted them with has stood up to the heat as well as it has.

Unread 12-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #43
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

i did the electric fan swap today. Works great and i would recommend it. The hardest part by far was removing the old clutch fan. I just gotta clean up the wiring a little bit and i'll try and put up some pictures.

here are the pictures of how i mounted the fan to the stock fan shroud

Last edited by vonericsen; 01-04-2012 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: added pictures
Unread 03-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #44
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

So i cant find what happened to those pictures of the efan swap I did but I've got something better to show anyways.
I recently did a trade for an ZJ tire carrier with a XJ carrier I had pulled at a junkyard with a member on here and I just finished getting it all mounted up. Here are the pictures

the latch on the tailgate

I had to swap the hitch I had for the higher clearance version in order for everything to line up properly

Here is a pic that kinda shows how it mounts to the side of hitch

Theres a metal piece that had nuts welded on it that you slide into the side of the hitch and then you just have to make sure you drill holes in the right place and bolt it on.

This picture shows where one of the other mount locations is under the plastic bumper cover.

Its just mounted with bolts to the metal bumper underneath.

This is just the side that shows the handle and latch

The other side with my spare mounted

These last pictures are it almost all done

All I have to do is mount the license plate and light and I have to fix the latch for the tailgate because when I was adjusting it I managed to break a plastic clip that holds the bar inside in place :/ I have to fix that soon

If you noticed, I had a soundbar on the ground in one of those pictures...I was lucky enough to find a 5.9 at the junkyard and grabbed some goodies Seems like the only thing I wasnt able to get was the grill because that was already gone, but I got just about everything else, now I just need time to get it all installed. Hopefully I'll get some time to do that all soon. I'll have to see how school goes.

Unread 03-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #45
rmtomasin
1998 ZJ 

looks good man
Built Not Bought #233
98 ZJ I6
Build Thread
rmtomasin is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.