VonEricsen's Build thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > VonEricsen's Build thread

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 03-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #16
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

nice. i have a job but the money i get from it goes to paying for school stuff first. I just try and put a little aside every once and a while for fun stuff, just seems to take too long sometimes. lol

vonericsen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #17
PTCHBLKZJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man I've had my jeep for over a year and just now starting to do stuff to it so don't feel bad lol
Unread 05-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #18
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

I bought myself some lights to install on the roof last night. They were cheap and i've been thinking of doing it for a while, but i'm waiting until this week is over before installing them that way i have a nice something to do to celebrate the end of finals
Unread 05-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #19
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Ok, i got the lights done and they look awesome, i just need to find the good camera...but while i installed them i removed all the remaining parts to the old car phone my parents put in when it was brand new so many years ago. lol

those were all that remained...the unit for the whole thing, mic, and antenna. Glad i finally removed that useless thing. I'll get pics of the lights up later...i also got some new tires so i'll make sure those are seen too
Unread 05-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #20
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

here are the lights:

and the switches:

Unread 05-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #21
PTCHBLKZJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man I never thought about putting the switches in the overhead console and I like the lights on rack too !
Unread 05-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #22
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

thanks. i thought about where i was going to put them and figured the door for the garage door opener would be good...i dont have a garage door to worry about opening so i figured it would be a pretty good spot and wouldnt be too far back.

here are them all lit up:

now i just need to get a second job and make some good money to spend on the jeep. lol. hopefully i'll get to go out with my dad soon to get it a little dirty.
Unread 05-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #23
CLNinja
1993 ZJ 

looks good, i love up by Aurora as well, im surprised i havnt seen ya

stop in the Colorado Jeep section linked in my sig
[color="#003300"]Matt[/COLOR]
[color="white"][CENTER][size="1"]
[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434081"][color="white"]Click Here For My Build Thread[/COLOR][/url]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][B]**September 2009 Grand Cherokee Of The Month**[/B]
[SIZE="2"][url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123"][color="white"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #88[/COLOR][/url][/SIZE][/CENTER]
CLNinja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #24
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

thanks. I'm not around aurora a while lot anymore since i'm going to school in Laramie WY and i'm there most of the year. I occasionally make it down here for a weekend or if i'm lucky a whole week. I'm in aurora till friday, then i'm going back for work and some summer classes. Hoping i can get some offroading in, but we'll see what i have time to do. I'm checking out the Colorado Jeep section right now

Moss Green 95 5.2l zj- 3in lift (2" BB + Upcountry coils), 255 75 R17 BFG M/T on JK Moabs, Durango Airhat, Mopar ECU, Mopar Tire Carrier
Unread 05-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #25
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Last night my dad and i worked on adding a power steering cooler (just a junkyard transmission cooler from a 4.0) and it took a while to figure out how to remove everything and install it, but its installed and seems to be working great...just gotta make sure i didnt cause any more leaks by doing this

Moss Green 95 5.2l zj- 3in lift (2" BB + Upcountry coils), 255 75 R17 BFG M/T on JK Moabs, Durango Airhat, Mopar ECU, Mopar Tire Carrier
Unread 05-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #26
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

I did a little offroading today, had some fun, but did puncture my sidewall on my new tires good thing warranty will replace it, which i will do tomorrow.

I didn't take any cool action shots but these are 2 i took after doing quite a climb up a rocky slope. it was fun but i scraped a little going back down

the trail ended about 10 ft behind us if you are wondering why you dont see it.

Unread 06-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #27
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

mini update: since getting the new tire put on all the odd vibrations i was getting are gone so i'm glad i poked a hole in the sidewall. lol. now i'm beginning planning on making a roof rack/safari rack but before i can start working on it i need to pay a speeding ticket

Unread 06-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #28
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

well i went to the junk yard with my dad last weekend and we picked up a driver side tow hook and the fog light mounts that came on the 96's-98's. And i just finished mounting all that with my brother (pics tomorrow when its light out again). I'm hoping to go to the junk yard tomorrow and i'm gonna try and find a good tow hook somewhere to pull for the passenger side. Other than that, i picked up a tire carrier from an XJ and i'm going to figure out how to mount it on my zj. i dont think it'll be too hard to do, but i might need to make something special to hold it in place

Unread 06-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #29
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

heres a pic of the hooks:

Unread 06-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #30
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

Its coming along nicely

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.