UTZJ 5.9 DD stock build.......for now - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > UTZJ 5.9 DD stock build.......for now

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Out with old

In With new

TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #17
adavis39
2002 WJ 

hard to argue when you buy a new Jeep that has "almost" new Michelin tires on it, but these 245/75r16's are rubbing pretty bad during tight turns. Guess Ill just have to live with it till they wear out becasue I will NOT be cutting any on this jeep

TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #18
adavis39
2002 WJ 

spent the morning contemplating a FASTMAN 52mm throttle body. I need a second job
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #19
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Check out blkdakrt99's instead. He's a vendor on speed freaks. Much cheaper!
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #20
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
Check out blkdakrt99's instead. He's a vendor on speed freaks. Much cheaper!
will do. thanks!
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #21
adavis39
2002 WJ 

List of Mods for the future so I dont forget stuff....will edit as I find more

currently:

Intake (probably home-brew)
Mopar M1 intake manifold
52mm Throtle body
Headers (probably Thorley's)
Magnaflow High flow CAT with a turn down
re-build the 44a and throw in 4.10's all around
Addco front sway
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #22
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39
List of Mods for the future so I dont forget stuff....will edit as I find more

currently:

Intake (probably home-brew)
Mopar M1 intake manifold
52mm Throtle body
Headers (probably Thorley's)
Magnaflow High flow CAT with a turn down
re-build the 44a and throw in 4.10's all around
Addco front sway
I'd suggest the thorleys. The eddy headers have smaller outlets.

Also, I'd consider doing an 8.8 swap over regearing the 44a. Stronger all around and can be had factory with 4.10's and LSD. Throw in an LP30 from a 4 banger TJ and you're set.
Unread 06-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #23
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
I'd suggest the thorleys. The eddy headers have smaller outlets.

Also, I'd consider doing an 8.8 swap over regearing the 44a. Stronger all around and can be had factory with 4.10's and LSD. Throw in an LP30 from a 4 banger TJ and you're set.
ah yes, completely forgot the 8.8 can be found with stock 4.10's. better start checking craigslist. 8.8's pop up around here alot
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #24
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
ah yes, completely forgot the 8.8 can be found with stock 4.10's. better start checking craigslist. 8.8's pop up around here alot
Yup. I got the one I put in my YJ for 225 complete with brakes. It had 4.10s and a limited slip. They are good axles.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #25
adavis39
2002 WJ 

how do the factory limited slips hold up in the 8.8 over time? is it worth looking into a TrueTrac?
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #26
wood04
1998 ZJ 

nice 9er by the way, I have the same color one on a front to rear swap with spacers also on a full jks upper and lower short arms with a the 8.8 rear. It used to be my wheeler and now its a daily driver. The 8.8 rear holds up pretty good, it has a heavier spring and carrier pin then the 8.8 mustangs do. if it starts to spin one tire only just throw a clutch pack kit in it. Alot cheaper and faster to install, unless your gonna rock crawl.
wood04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #27
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood04 View Post
nice 9er by the way, I have the same color one on a front to rear swap with spacers also on a full jks upper and lower short arms with a the 8.8 rear. It used to be my wheeler and now its a daily driver. The 8.8 rear holds up pretty good, it has a heavier spring and carrier pin then the 8.8 mustangs do. if it starts to spin one tire only just throw a clutch pack kit in it. Alot cheaper and faster to install, unless your gonna rock crawl.
No crawlin for this jeep haha. Thanks for the info
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #28
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Got a little done today. Started by removing the vents. They were pretty bad especially the drivers side

ONce they were off I noticed the hood was a weeeeeee bit dirty

CLeaned them up as best I could with some googone and a little wax

Had picked up some dupli-color last week that looked pretty good

Was a little hesitant of how it would match but I think its basically perfect

Happy with how they turned out

WHile the vents where drying, FedEx showed up earlier than expected and dropped off the new Taurus fan and pigtail

PUlled the fan and got to work taking it apart. The fan itself is only held in with 2 13MM bolts. Then just lift it straight out. After you unhook the wire harness of course.

ONce its out the motor is onoy held in by 3 10MM bolts. Then flip it over and use a flat head screwdriver and a hammer to knock the little retaining plate off

The motor is then free to come out. I had to hit mine a few times gently with a hammer to get it to release

THen from there its just cutting the motor free from the harness and splicing the new one in. Make sure you connect the high speedmwire to the high speed, low speed wire to the low speed and ground to ground. After that just reverse everything.

A/C is now running much cooler. It still not ice cold like I would like it to be buts its a huge improvement. The low speed fan now comes on as soon as the A/C is engaged. She is also running much cooler. Before it would idle around 218 or so. Now its closer to 205

After that I decided to derail the interior. Love the way a super clean jeep looks

NOw off to the car wash to detail the exterior. Just gotta be patient and wait for my new headlights and Bilsteins to show up
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #29
Benja
1997 ZJ 

Awesome niner, keep her

Love how little improvements make big differences
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #30
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja View Post
Awesome niner, keep her

Love how little improvements make big differences
Thank you sir
TNJEEPS.COM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.