the UTwj Build and other crap - Page 65 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > the UTwj Build and other crap

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #961
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbethpoe1 View Post
Maaaaan, that Platinum looks sooo clean, nice buy! Those things have some serious get up and go, so fun to drive.

Btw, was going to rent Brink for you to watch (and me, love that movie haha) for helping me out with the LAs, couldn't find it, so I went to look on Amazon, ONE copy of Brink in VHS, $198.00!!!! Hahaha, so sorry man, couldn't come through on that one . Anyway, thanks again for the help.
no problem man....hope your build goes well. If you can find it at a good price, id really recommend using boxed tube fro your arms like Clayton does

and yeah...if i still had a VHS id HAVE to buy that. $198 bucks is a steal

TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #962
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Are you guys talking about brink the skating movie? Haha. I am lost
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #963
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24 View Post
Are you guys talking about brink the skating movie? Haha. I am lost
yes. yes we are
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #964
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

That movie is the bomb haha
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #965
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Soul Skaters!!

TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #966
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Haha. I have a question for ya as well. When you put on your rear long arms did how did you bring the axle forward so you could adjust the arms and get the slip yoke totally back into the tcase? Or is it sticking out a little? Thanks
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #967
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24 View Post
Haha. I have a question for ya as well. When you put on your rear long arms did how did you bring the axle forward so you could adjust the arms and get the slip yoke totally back into the tcase? Or is it sticking out a little? Thanks
i pretty much just stuck with what Clayton recommends for the length settings on the arms. The yoke is out about 3/4'' at ride height from where it was stock. I have never had any issues with it wanting to slip out at full droop. There is no binding in the rear when fully drooped either so im thinking there is plenty of spline engagement left. ive never taken a measurement to see how much is still in the TC but im comfortable it will never drop out. the amount the yoke pulls out from the TC is really related to the amount of lift you are running rather than how far the axle is pushed back. I image i might be able to pull the yoke back into the TC maybe a 1/4'' or so by shortening the arms, but them id run into issues with the tires clearing the fenders..............so basically, dont worry about it. ive seen guys run 8.5'' lift on the WJ without dropping the shaft
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #968
adavis39
2002 WJ 

For sale. $180!

TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #969
adavis39
2002 WJ 

I think the WJ is pissed at me for neglecting her. Went to get something out of the back seat and when I closed the door, the window fell straight down into the door.....had to use some camo duct tape to keep it up. Probably wont bother fixing it for a while. Ah, the beauty of having a DD hahahahaha
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #970
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

That's an awfully expensive copy of Despicable Me...

I texted the wife. Elias may like some movies for long trips. Only downfall is I have black cloth seats.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #971
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager;15613278[B
]That's an awfully expensive copy of Despicable Me... [/B]

I texted the wife. Elias may like some movies for long trips. Only downfall is I have black cloth seats.
you KNOW its worth it

and this will just give you a reason to start swapping in leather seats
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #972
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Haha. I like my cloth honestly! That and I'd rather spend money on other parts of the jeep! But then again, all leather would be nice...

How about you just sell me your WJ and be done with it. You won't even have to remove the head rests...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #973
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Haha. I like my cloth honestly! That and I'd rather spend money on other parts of the jeep! But then again, all leather would be nice...

How about you just sell me your WJ and be done with it. You won't even have to remove the head rests...
my wife is on her last week working nights at the hospital. Good for the family but its a pay cut since she wont get the overnight pay differential anymore. so if it becomes an issue it will be officially for sale. Shes actually coming around on letting me keep them both though. just gotta make sure we can afford it now
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #974
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
my wife is on her last week working nights at the hospital. Good for the family but its a pay cut since she wont get the overnight pay differential anymore. so if it becomes an issue it will be officially for sale. Shes actually coming around on letting me keep them both though. just gotta make sure we can afford it now
The pay cut will be worth it. My wife used to work nights at the hospital too, now i do. It sucks. I would love dvd seats for the kids.
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #975
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjCREEPjeep View Post
The pay cut will be worth it. My wife used to work nights at the hospital too, now i do. It sucks. I would love dvd seats for the kids.
yeah, i worked nights myself in my past career. I always enjoyed it but its certainly hard on family life.

and you can have them!!......cant beat $180 bucks
TNJEEPS.COM

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.