the UTwj Build and other crap - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > the UTwj Build and other crap

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #901
adavis39
2002 WJ 

hit a bump on the way home and my blinkers instantly started working again

TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #902
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post

ive never heard of them melting but I hear they rip fairly easily and that braided is the way to go
Just ordered a 5' steel braided hose.

True 4x4, on demand, is GRrrrrreat.

A flip of a switch and Bam!
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #903
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Ive never had a problem with my blue hose ( thanks to lots of zip ties) but I'm on my second set of internal seals, im not pleased with my arb. But i wheel with a guy who's had the same arb set up for at least 10 years, same hose and all.
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #904
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjCREEPjeep View Post
Ive never had a problem with my blue hose ( thanks to lots of zip ties) but I'm on my second set of internal seals, im not pleased with my arb. But i wheel with a guy who's had the same arb set up for at least 10 years, same hose and all.
I have my ARB compressor where the stick air bock used to be...on top on the wheel well and next to my dirt suck K&N cone filter....

Ive zip tied it away from as many hot pieces/parts as possible...melted several time in a couple of days...
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #905
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
I have my ARB compressor where the stick air bock used to be...on top on the wheel well and next to my dirt suck K&N cone filter....

Ive zip tied it away from as many hot pieces/parts as possible...melted several time in a couple of days...

its that damn Inferno Red.....its just too hot
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #906
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post

Wow, that sucks, then steel braided is probably best for you.
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #907
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Adam, did you find out if you need an IRO track bar or not? mine is coming out tomorrow so let me know as soon as you can.. if not its going in the classifieds!
BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #908
adavis39
2002 WJ 

well last weeks drive to work sucked. It started last Sunday when I noticed a stick on wheel weight sitting in my driveway. If I lost one there is no telling how many more fell off and judging by the vibrations Id say I lost A LOT of them. Then, everytime I'd hit the brakes I would pull violently to the pass side. I had done the pass side caliper this past weekend and thought I had screwed something up. Then I remembered!! Im an idiot. I must have had an early production run WJ on 2002 because I still had the Teves calipers. When I put the new one on I had bought an Akebono. Well lesson learned kids. Dont miss match a brand new Akebono with a 117k mile Teves. They dont get along.

So I went and bought a new Akebono for the drivers side today as well as new rotors. While I was under there, I noticed one more reason I might have been pulling to the pass side during breaking:

I dont know when that fell out but it must have been early on during the week. SO I used what I had available until I can get a new bolt assembly from JKS

Out with the old rotors

IN with the new

Also noticed I have a leaking inner axle seal on the front axle. Guess ill have to get to that soon too. The never ending joy of JEEPS
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 05-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #909
adavis39
2002 WJ 

washed, waxed and detailed......just in time to get her dirty again

TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 05-28-2013, 12:39 AM   #910
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
hit a bump on the way home and my blinkers instantly started working again
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...7/#post9039382

also the rig looks great in those last pics!
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #911
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...7/#post9039382

also the rig looks great in those last pics!
awesome! thanks man....I had run across that thread a while back but couldnt find it again.
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 05-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #912
ADragg
2003 WJ 

How have the Spydertrax spacers worked for you? I have heard some horror stories with spacers but never Spydertrax and I'm hoping if I shell out for them they will work fine.
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:47 AM   #913
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADragg View Post
How have the Spydertrax spacers worked for you? I have heard some horror stories with spacers but never Spydertrax and I'm hoping if I shell out for them they will work fine.
ZERO issues. I make sure to use a good bit of loctite and re-torque them every 5000 miles or so. They are always hard to get off. which tells me they are staying right where they are supposed to be.

and if I ever take the jeep ANYWHERE that touches my wheels, I always make sure to check the spacers again, I just dont trust others to tighten them back down correctly
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 05-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #914
adavis39
2002 WJ 

did a quick little flex test on break. didnt have much time so I didnt disco the front. I need to try and find a good spot to test it out this weekend. Im trying to figure out if my JKS trac bar is going to contact the new IRO drop bracket when the pass side is stuffed.

As you can see , the JKS trac bar bends forward towards the front of the jeep. Im thinking that when disco'd and fully stuffed, the trac bar might actually hit the drop bracket limiting uptravel.

If so, Im probably going to torch out an arch in the bracket right where it contacts. Im not to worried about weaking it. Its 1/4'' plate. If I go that route though, ill probably end up welding the bracket on rather than just relying on the 9/16'' bolt........

weak sauce flex

TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 05-31-2013, 03:25 AM   #915
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
ZERO issues. I make sure to use a good bit of loctite and re-torque them every 5000 miles or so. They are always hard to get off. which tells me they are staying right where they are supposed to be.

and if I ever take the jeep ANYWHERE that touches my wheels, I always make sure to check the spacers again, I just dont trust others to tighten them back down correctly
Cool man, thanks.

Haha "I pull for TEAM PUP-N-SUDS!". I wonder how many people who read that actually get the reference. I wish I could find somewhere online to stream that movie!

BTW, I noticed several posts back that you were having blinker issues (I assume so, if you hit a bump and your blinker started working again). Is it an intermittent issue where the turn signals don't work but the emergency flashers do work? If so, do you know about the extremely common flasher relay issue with WJ's? Up above all the fuses under the dash, there are some relays and one of them is the flasher relay. They have a problem where some of the solder joints going to the pings eventually crack. You might not even be able to see the cracks in some cases, but they're there. You can buy a new module for 50 bucks or take yours out, pop it open, and resolder the 8 or 9 joints. There are 8 or 9 of them in a row on the circuit board, they're easy to spot. Just resolder them and don't let any solder accidentally bridge any of them (obviously) and it will almost certainly fix your issue. You can search for an actual write up on how to fix it and there's even a YouTube video.
ADragg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.