the UTwj Build and other crap - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > the UTwj Build and other crap

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #31
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk53 View Post
that ss is....

looks good
thanks man...ive had a few people ask about it. like I said its made for the JK. Bilstein doesnt make a WJ specific one, but its compressed length is just over 13'' (just slightly longer than the WJ one). where I have it mounted I have about 14.5'' so even at full lock it wont bottom out. I REALLY wanted the JK FOX one but its way too long

TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #32
Russell84
2003 WJ 

Hey man, you're WJ looks awesome! What kind of wheels are those and what size are they? They look great on there and I've been debating what wheels to get if I decide not to just use stock wheels with spacers.

2003 WJ Overland 4.7 HO, Clayton Long Arms, Teraflex 4.5" coils, JKS adj trackbar, JKS Quicker Discos, 17x9 Eagle Alloy Series 185, 285/70/17 BFG KM2, cut fenders/bumpers
Russell84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #33
adavis39
2002 WJ 

thanks...I actually have 2 different wheels on there due to a wheel hub mishap. Most people dont even notice because they are so similar. Anyways, all the wheels except for the front driver side is just a standard "d-window" style. I think I got them from rugged ridge. They came with chrome center caps so I painted those. Alot of people make them. they are cheap and heavy. The driver side one I had to replace is a Cragar "soft 8". It was the only thing close to what I had that I could find locally same day. Since they are so close I have never worried about matching them especially since once I get all my driveline upgrades done, Im going to drop the coin on some Sypderlocks....oh, and they are 17x9 4.24 backspacing..
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
Unread 08-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #34
Russell84
2003 WJ 

Thanks! I thought that front left was different from the rest, but I couldn't tell for sure because of the angles of the pics. The cutouts in that Cragar look a lot bigger than most I've seen, which I like. I don't usually like Soft 8's, but the 17's look really good on yours.

2003 WJ Overland 4.7 HO, Clayton Long Arms, Teraflex 4.5" coils, JKS adj trackbar, JKS Quicker Discos, 17x9 Eagle Alloy Series 185, 285/70/17 BFG KM2, cut fenders/bumpers
Russell84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #35
adavis39
2002 WJ 

just had a chance to take a shot next to a stock WJ. first time I stopped and thought about how much smaller it used to be
rsz_imagejpeg_2.jpg  
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 09-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #36
adavis39
2002 WJ 

well i dedcided a needed a little extra bass in the Jeep. I had two 12's back in the day but definately didnt need or want anything like that again. esp with my 2 year old son in the jeep alot. I decided to get a fairly cheap Polk 8''. I got it wired up and it actually sounds great for its size. I also love the factory head unit and how you can easily turn the bass down when others are in the WJ and I dont want all the sound. I still dont like the idea of a big box taking up my cargo room so that will go soon. When I told the wife I wanted a sub she said sure "as long as our next project is to make a custom box". so that will be the next step with it. We will fab up a custom JL copy stealth box to free my cargo space back up
rsz_img_1204.jpg   rsz_img_1205.jpg   rsz_img_1206.jpg  
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 09-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #37
adavis39
2002 WJ 

on an unrelated note, i may rebuild my rear driveshaft this weekend. Anyone know of some good u-joints other than Spicers? I know moog makes some. I really just want to be able to get them local rather than wait for them to be shipped and all the local parts stores seem to carry are off brands and moog......
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 09-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #38
2000WJ4x4
2002 TJ Wrangler 

As far as the driveshaft, on my dads dodge ram 3500 cummins.( 700hp 750tq) he always used duralast gold and never had a problem with them.

I have 2 10" subs and it's a pretty big box and I hate it. But I have my 3 drawer tool box in the back to. I have the subs facing the front and the tool box facin the back so it's easy to get to.
I built a thing to go about it out of wood. It doesn't rattle or anything and holds all my stuff great. It's like a self.
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #39
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000WJ4x4 View Post
As far as the driveshaft, on my dads dodge ram 3500 cummins.( 700hp 750tq) he always used duralast gold and never had a problem with them.

I have 2 10" subs and it's a pretty big box and I hate it. But I have my 3 drawer tool box in the back to. I have the subs facing the front and the tool box facin the back so it's easy to get to.
I built a thing to go about it out of wood. It doesn't rattle or anything and holds all my stuff great. It's like a self.
yeah...i just need someting that wont take a dump on me on the trail...ill check those out. what do you got going on next saturday. im wanting to get out to Wooly's i think....
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 09-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #40
2000WJ4x4
2002 TJ Wrangler 

He pulled close to 18,000lbs about 2 times a month during the summer. Never had a problem with them in the 140,000 miles he put on it over about 6 years.

Ya I saw that on The other forum. I'd like to go. I'm just to tight on money right now to break anything else, plus I'm trying to get everything fixed. I have slight death wobble at 45-50. That hub make it a lot better, but I think I need to replace the tie rod ends. I also need to replace my passenger rear seal and bearing.
Unread 09-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #41
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
He pulled close to 18,000lbs about 2 times a month during the summer. Never had a problem with them in the 140,000 miles he put on it over about 6 years.

Ya I saw that on The other forum. I'd like to go. I'm just to tight on money right now to break anything else, plus I'm trying to get everything fixed. I have slight death wobble at 45-50. That hub make it a lot better, but I think I need to replace the tie rod ends. I also need to replace my passenger rear seal and bearing.
yeah...i gotta replace my tre's soon too. i think im going to replace the drag link ones and then maybe give IRO's over the knuckle tie rod a shot to see how it does...it uses heims so at least its two less tre's to wear out
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 09-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #42
2000WJ4x4
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I think I'm going to go with moog greaseable ones.... I think.
Not sure yet I'll decide once I get the funds.

I'll get a pic of my rear cargo area set up later.

I'm tossing around the idea of rhino lining the floor on the jeep. I've always liked the idea of that .
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #43
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
I think I'm going to go with moog greaseable ones.... I think.
Not sure yet I'll decide once I get the funds.

I'll get a pic of my rear cargo area set up later.

I'm tossing around the idea of rhino lining the floor on the jeep. I've always liked the idea of that .
yeah....right now i just keep everything in the spare tire spot...but when I gt around to lifting the tank I need to come up with some sort of creative tool storage back there
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 09-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #44
2000WJ4x4
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I love mine the way I have it now. It took 2 12 foot long 2x4s and a piece of ply wood. I haven't gotten around to painting it yet. But even with my subs turned most of the way up stuff doesn't rattle anymore. I have my 3 drawer tool box and the subs ratchet strapped down to the tie downs in the back so they don't move.

Another thing I like about it is that it covers up my subs and tool box do you can't see them unless my back seat is folded down.

I put my spare back in the spare tie place, since I'm doing a lot more highway driving. Now I'm
Getting about 1 mpg better.

I also manually calculated my mpg, and I was getting about 16.5 mpg average over 3 tanks, and my computer showed 17.5 about

With that last 2 tanks I've switched to premium and I'm getting about 17.5 and my computer has been reading about 18.5. I guess my computer likes making me feel better about how much has I go through :P
Unread 09-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #45
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
I love mine the way I have it now. It took 2 12 foot long 2x4s and a piece of ply wood. I haven't gotten around to painting it yet. But even with my subs turned most of the way up stuff doesn't rattle anymore. I have my 3 drawer tool box and the subs ratchet strapped down to the tie downs in the back so they don't move.

Another thing I like about it is that it covers up my subs and tool box do you can't see them unless my back seat is folded down.

I put my spare back in the spare tie place, since I'm doing a lot more highway driving. Now I'm
Getting about 1 mpg better.

I also manually calculated my mpg, and I was getting about 16.5 mpg average over 3 tanks, and my computer showed 17.5 about

With that last 2 tanks I've switched to premium and I'm getting about 17.5 and my computer has been reading about 18.5. I guess my computer likes making me feel better about how much has I go through :P
yeah..it has a tendency to do that
TNJEEPS.COM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.