the UTwj Build and other crap - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > the UTwj Build and other crap

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 12-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #211
adavis39
2002 WJ 

got my Cobra 19DX and 5' fire stick.......hope to get it mounted tomorrow

TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #212
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I might have missed it but where are you mounting the fire stick?

I have been considering getting a different antenna. I have mine mounted up front opposite of the radio antenna. I have the Wilson Flex 4' antenna and had some issues getting it tuned. It isn't perfect but it's better than it was. I find it strange that I'm only picking up probably a half mile to a mile on the interstate. Anyways, just curious where you're mounting yours.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #213
adavis39
2002 WJ 

just gonna fab a braket and mount it to the body right above the rear tail light (like most do)...then I gotta get creative with how I run that huge wire. I have so many wires stuffed under my door sills from my sub and tv's. I may have to find another way to run it......
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
Unread 12-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #214
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I know it's not the most logical solution but above the headliner perhaps? It is another route if your door sills are 'full'...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #215
adavis39
2002 WJ 

ok, well got the Christmas bonus check. Now I cant decide. I had it down to RCV's which would pretty well complete the WJ for a while after I install the few things i'm getting for Christmas. However, I have really been wanting a ZJ as DD. I'd love a 5.9 but they are soooooo rare around TN. However, I found a pretty sweet '95 ORVIS for only $2900. Its only got 123k on the clock and the interior looks in great shape from the one pick.....I can jump on it now and pat cash without picking up a payment and retire the WJ......what to do what to do. Come on guys. give me some advice.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/3407946649.html
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 12-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #216
Russell84
2003 WJ 

Looks like a clean ZJ but if you really want the 5.9, I'd wait and do some intense searching to find one. Don't settle.

2003 WJ Overland 4.7 HO, Clayton Long Arms, Teraflex 4.5" coils, JKS adj trackbar, JKS Quicker Discos, 17x9 Eagle Alloy Series 185, 285/70/17 BFG KM2, cut fenders/bumpers
Russell84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #217
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I agree, don't settle. wait for the right 5.9 to show up.
BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #218
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

Oh man, I have an orvis and if I had the money I'd buy this. Much cleaner than mine. I'd just swap my performance parts over. But, alas, after 3 months out of country, no budget

So you should buy it, and when you find your 5.9, turn around and sell this to me
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #219
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHoleton View Post
Oh man, I have an orvis and if I had the money I'd buy this. Much cleaner than mine. I'd just swap my performance parts over. But, alas, after 3 months out of country, no budget

So you should buy it, and when you find your 5.9, turn around and sell this to me
haha...thats a plan. Any advice on it in general? How does the trans hold up on these? Im still considering a 5.9, but I know I dont really NEED it and I'd blow a ton of money on gas. I just really want a nice DD that I can depend on. It would be a very mild build for mainly cosmetics and comforts
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 12-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #220
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

No transmission issues. Haven't had any TC issues, even with the 249. I've got an oil leak and a little loss of torque on the low end. No issues towing or anything like that. Seriously, I'm a big fan of it. It is hard to find parts though. Which is why I was excited for a low mileage, clean version. So much so I was trying to figure out what I could scrape together and came up with only $1800 without selling a kidney
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #221
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
No transmission issues. Haven't had any TC issues, even with the 249. I've got an oil leak and a little loss of torque on the low end. No issues towing or anything like that. Seriously, I'm a big fan of it. It is hard to find parts though. Which is why I was excited for a low mileage, clean version. So much so I was trying to figure out what I could scrape together and came up with only $1800 without selling a kidney
well dang man....now id feel like i'd be stealing your true love from you
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 12-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #222
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

Haha...like I said, I can't afford it right now. Might as well go to someone else who appreciates Jeeps
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #223
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Haha...like I said, I can't afford it right now. Might as well go to someone else who appreciates Jeeps
oh, it would definately be pampered. maybe throw on a body matched 5.9 grille and front bumper cover? that way I could get the fog down in the bumper and off the grille (dont like that look too much). Oh man, the wheels are turning already. I'm going to need a 2nd job
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #224
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

i believe the grill on the 93-95 and 96-98 are slightly different and aren't able to be switched out. Don't quote me on that, though...
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #225
adavis39
2002 WJ 

after looking at it your probably right.....of course with a litle fabbing almost anything is possible
TNJEEPS.COM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.