the UTwj Build and other crap - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > the UTwj Build and other crap

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #196
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

if I was going to buy aftermarket ones, those would be the ones I would get as well. they are super bright!!

BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #197
adavis39
2002 WJ 

yep...i think they look great on the one Ive seen in person. I might as well go ahead and change over the lights to LED's while im at it. you got any ideas on what all that involves. I suck at electronics (obviously the bulbs, but do i need extra wiring or resistors or any of that sorta stuff)
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #198
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

from everything I've read and tried, I think it should be plug and play with LED bulbs. if it has a problem.. take the bulb out and twist it 180 degrees and put it back in. (due to polarity of the bulbs). I have LED license plate lights and I used to have LED blinkers (front) and they were all plug and play.
BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #199
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK04WJ View Post
from everything I've read and tried, I think it should be plug and play with LED bulbs. if it has a problem.. take the bulb out and twist it 180 degrees and put it back in. (due to polarity of the bulbs). I have LED license plate lights and I used to have LED blinkers (front) and they were all plug and play.
cool....good to know
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #200
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
[snip]

2nd was adding some "home made" rear spring retainers. I had done the passenger side a few weeks back with a random 2 1/2'' exhaust clamp....i picked up another one and did the driver side. Its about the cheapest and easiest way to secure your rear springs from dropping out (esp. since I dont run a rear sway bar)

[snip]

That's extremely clever! I think I had a little more room to flex in this picture yet almost lost the spring. I might have to slap some on this evening!

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #201
adavis39
2002 WJ 

yeah, its a great idea! wish i could take credit but I picked it up from somehwere.......anyways, props to who ever thought of it first because it works great
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 11-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #202
adavis39
2002 WJ 

well i just decided a need a DD. after Christmas, I should have the WJ built pretty well and will put throwing any more money into it on hold for a while. I'm going to start saving some change and keeping my eye out for a 5.9 ........i NEED a new toy!!!!! it just going to be a street queen (no lift or anything, just a really nice comfortable daily driver)
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 11-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #203
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

OK...ive read almost the entire thread...what is the cup holder mod?
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #204
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
OK...ive read almost the entire thread...what is the cup holder mod?
check page 4.....look closely
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 11-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #205
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

The sub?

I was thinking more inline with a lockable gun safe/ container.
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #206
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
The sub?

I was thinking more inline with a lockable gun safe/ container.
nope...id never do that
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 11-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #207
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Is the WJ too big now for a DD? How does it handle on the road? I was thinking about picking one up if my TJ sells and put it on some 33's for wheeling and DD duties. It would be doing some long road trips too so I was wondering if that was possible.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #208
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
Is the WJ too big now for a DD? How does it handle on the road? I was thinking about picking one up if my TJ sells and put it on some 33's for wheeling and DD duties. It would be doing some long road trips too so I was wondering if that was possible.
The WJ is actually a great double duty rig. even at 6'' and 33's it handles 70 on the highway just fine. I just have alot of reasons to retire it that make sense for me.

I drive 60 miles a day (more on the days my sone goes to daycare) so thats ALOT of miles im putting on it each year. It already has 108k on the engine. But more importantly is the hard miles im putting on all my steering components, tires etc....
My insurance currently does not cover the 8k or so I have in aftermarket parts on it. If I totlaed it, some parts could be saved but alot would be a total loss.

And the big reason is trail damage. Being a DD, when I break parts (no matter how expensive) they must be replaced RIGHT AWAY to get me back on the road. Having this as a trail rig 90% of the time takes care of that. If I break something expensive and cant pay to fix it, no big deal it just means I cant wheel till I have the money. Right now it would mean I cant get to work.

But in general, id personally recommend the WJ to any jeep owner looking for an all purpose rig....if you get your hands on one you wont regret it
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 11-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #209
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ok cool. Thanks for the response. The Jeep looks great!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #210
adavis39
2002 WJ 

thanks man
TNJEEPS.COM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.