UTChavok's build thread. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > UTChavok's build thread.

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #61
Jones
Consider the following...

Nice find on that axle.

Unread 06-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #62
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow, very good find. Your jeep is so beastly. That D44 will be a nice upgrade. Can you tell me where you will be getting your wheel adapters? Ive seen Waggys with d44s in front but they are all 6 lug.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #63
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Wow, very good find. Your jeep is so beastly. That D44 will be a nice upgrade. Can you tell me where you will be getting your wheel adapters? Ive seen Waggys with d44s in front but they are all 6 lug.
Thanks John, Mmm maybe I was having a retard moment. I know my friends d44 is 5 on 5.5 but I dont know if thats from his outers or not. Now that you mention it i think they are 6 lug...

Last edited by UTChavok; 02-15-2010 at 10:52 PM..
UTChavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #64
Jones
Consider the following...

Wagoneer 44's are 6 on 5.5.
Unread 06-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #65
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Ah... good stuff. Guess ill be looking for some old waggy steelies to hold me over for a while.
Unread 06-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #66
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZJones- View Post
Wagoneer 44's are 6 on 5.5.
After looking at what Cam did im pretty sure ill be keeping the 6 on 5.5 on the 44 and getting some shafts made by dutchman to get 6 x 5.5 on the 8.8. I have a feeling I wont have money for all that and wheels by GSSE so Ill be rocking the turdy there.
Unread 06-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #67
SCJeepr
1982 CJ8 

Ronnie, man that Jeep has really come a long way in a shot time. I still look forward to meeting up with you someday. My Jeep is in a limbo fixing little things that I let go for too long stage so I have not been wheeling in a while. How ridiculous is that drop after the bridge! Big time pucker factor right there. Been to Mountain Lake Lately?
Unread 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #68
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCJeepr View Post
Ronnie, man that Jeep has really come a long way in a shot time. I still look forward to meeting up with you someday. My Jeep is in a limbo fixing little things that I let go for too long stage so I have not been wheeling in a while. How ridiculous is that drop after the bridge! Big time pucker factor right there. Been to Mountain Lake Lately?
Last time some of my friends tried to go to Mountain Lake was months ago, but they put a gate up and locked it. Figured it would be best to not go back. I really wish they didnt though, that was a neat little trail system.

Definitely look forward to meeting you too. Its still going to be a few months before the Jeeps done, but once I get to 44/8.8 ill be staying there for a long time.
Unread 06-25-2009, 06:22 AM   #69
SCJeepr
1982 CJ8 

I actually talked to some of my buddies at the sheriffs department that wheel up there and found out the true story of mountain lake. The guy that put the fence up does not have any say on the property up there. Where he can cause a stink is if you pull over in his yard to disconnect or do something before or after you go in. That fence is on his property it just happens to block the access to the trail. There are other ways to get in on different parts of the trail though. The owner of the land knows that people are always wheeling up there and have been since the 70's. He tried to close it off one time and actually recieved threats from people that wheeled up there to open it back up. We are talking about some good ole Pickens red necks you know. The land is worthless to him so that is why it is really know big deal. One of the other entrances is on down the main road that you turn onto Mountain Lake Road from, the name of it slips my mind. I have not been up there since that gate was put up either but I know people who have though. Good luck with everything and always remember, wheel, break, repeat. I would think that it is our unofficial slogan.

Brett
Unread 06-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #70
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCJeepr View Post
I actually talked to some of my buddies at the sheriffs department that wheel up there and found out the true story of mountain lake. The guy that put the fence up does not have any say on the property up there. Where he can cause a stink is if you pull over in his yard to disconnect or do something before or after you go in. That fence is on his property it just happens to block the access to the trail. There are other ways to get in on different parts of the trail though. The owner of the land knows that people are always wheeling up there and have been since the 70's. He tried to close it off one time and actually recieved threats from people that wheeled up there to open it back up. We are talking about some good ole Pickens red necks you know. The land is worthless to him so that is why it is really know big deal. One of the other entrances is on down the main road that you turn onto Mountain Lake Road from, the name of it slips my mind. I have not been up there since that gate was put up either but I know people who have though. Good luck with everything and always remember, wheel, break, repeat. I would think that it is our unofficial slogan.

Brett
Thats really good to know, Ill probably be heading back there sometime again then. I like how they have the rocky hill climbs and the mix of muddy trails.
Unread 06-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #71
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Score. Needs new driver side balljoints and inner axle seals. Will probably do that one night when its not stupidly hot. After I get that done will sandblast it and paint it. Ive got to redo the track bar mount so I dont have crazy bumpsteer with the high steer. Also need to build the steering.

Unread 07-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #72
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

The Jeeps craving some waggy 44 I guess. Had a squeek coming from the front right at acceleration. Started taking everything apart to pull my shaft to check the ujoint and right when I get the rotor and caliper off I notice the axle shaft nut is loose as hell. I spin that off and the hub came straight out of the bearing assembly. GREAT. I couldnt do anything about it right now so I tightened it all back up and drives fine. I put a tad bit of wheel bearing grease and sealed it all up tight. I dont think the actual bearings bad but Ive never seen the hub assembly come out of one of the wheel bearings before. This and bad balljoints, that turdy is coming out asap.
Unread 07-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #73
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Night club in the house.

anyways I started making my unibody link mounting brackets. Going to be extremely similiar to claytons but more ballin when Im done with them. Ill post some pics later of what I cut up.

But in the mean time everyone needs to watch this and drop thier jaw. (make sure sounds on)
http://telusplanet.net/public/cdkruc...ild/climb1.mov
Unread 07-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #74
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Holy ****!!

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #75
indredsnake99
1998 ZJ 

i want that jeep i could have some major fun with that thing playing around in the woods or on the street
2007 sahara 2 door wrangler stock bought 02/08/2011

Western Mass 4x4 KEVIN'S OFF ROAD IRON ROCK OFFROAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
You'll learn a lot. I didn't know anything when I first joined this site either. (not sure if that's changed at all :laugh:)
indredsnake99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.