UTChavok's build thread. - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > UTChavok's build thread.

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #436
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Went to RBD this past weekend at Morris MTN. My 2nd time at this park both times for RBD. Last year I ran Good Bad and the Ugly right when we got there and ripped my steering box off. This year I wanted revenge, ran it 3 times and then on the 4th time I ripped the balljoints out of the passenger side of the 44... broke both shafts too. Found a big enough socket and banged in some new balljoints to get it off the trail. Wheeled 3 dig the rest of the weekend.

Only picture I snagged.

UTChavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #437
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Added to the fleet and retired the 5.9 ZJ as my daily driver. Picked up a 96 with the 4.0 and 118k miles for $500. Lovin it.

Unread 04-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #438
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Havent posted in a while. Got full chromos in the front now. Ripped the latch out of my driver side door and passenger door window track is destroyed. Picking up a set of half doors this Saturday. We went to Harlan KY for the OffroadSC.com ride and had an awesome time. Didn't break anything for the first time in 2 years on a trip. Chain in the tc is loose and slopping and my johnny joints needs to be rebuilt. Been saying it for probably 2 years now but gonna build a front bumper real soon. Heres some Harlan pics. Skip so theres about 45 seconds left in the video if its not already edited down. Worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJhRsaoH-j4
Unread 04-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #439
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Half doors for the niner. Got duplicolor paint match to get rid of the green on the top of the frame. Going to pull the cladding off and rhino line/sand down some of the rough spots. Probably wont get done before Gulches this weekend though.
Unread 04-28-2014, 03:33 PM   #440
adavis39
2002 WJ 

nice build man. Going to be tearing into my 9er next summer. Had been thinking of an HP44 and Super 88. I plan on 37's though. Anything you would have done different on your axle set up?
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #441
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

To be honest with how I wheel I wish I went straight to a set of tons. I plan on running 37s and in order to have the peace of mind and not break stuff every trip I need more than half ton axles. If your easy on the skinny pedal and dont follow buggies on 40s than an HP44 and a matching full width 8.8 would last you. I have confidence in the 88 rear on 37s but the 44 worries me.

If I was to do half tons over though I would get a ford HP44 rather than the jeep low pinion I'm running. And for all things holy don't run a welded front end unless you do hydro assist. Turning in the rocks is impossible.
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:31 AM   #442
adavis39
2002 WJ 

understandable. I feel the same. I know an 8.8 (esp. a super 88) would handle the 37's. Just not 100% confident in the 44 being pushed by the 5.9 I have a Ford 9.75'' rear sitting at home I may use (basically a smaller version of the sterling 10.25). I may just jump to a 60 front and be done with it.
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #443
99blkwj
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTChavok View Post
And for all things holy don't run a welded front end unless you do hydro assist. Turning in the rocks is impossible.
Quoted for truth!
Unread 05-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #444
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
understandable. I feel the same. I know an 8.8 (esp. a super 88) would handle the 37's. Just not 100% confident in the 44 being pushed by the 5.9 I have a Ford 9.75'' rear sitting at home I may use (basically a smaller version of the sterling 10.25). I may just jump to a 60 front and be done with it.
Wouldn't be a bad plan. I'm debating keeping my 8.8 and just building a 9" front end and running 37s but for the amount of money it would take to build that I could probably buy a built set of tons front and rear.
Unread 05-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #445
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Might be picking up a Juggy chassis soon to begin swapping parts. Not 100% sure yet but found it on nc4x4 for a good price. Had some more nasty body damage to the ZJ on the last trip.

Also got part 1 of my tramper down.. Just need a truck and trailer now haha

1968 Bethany Chief. Baller status with the pink coral paint. Shes in great shape. It has been in my family since 68 when my grandpa bought it and passed it down through his sons. My uncle just dropped it off yesterday. Ill snag some better closer pictures later. Gonna have the most vintage tramper out there.
Unread 05-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #446
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Badass trailer!

I love my vintage too

Sad to see that the nuner might be going, it was my favorite niner build.. you wheel your **** good though you need a truggy!

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #447
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Badass trailer!

I love my vintage too

Sad to see that the nuner might be going, it was my favorite niner build.. you wheel your **** good though you need a truggy!
NICE! Love that camper. I really don't want to get rid of the ZJ. I've always been a grand guy and love them but the trails we run don't exactly treat a full bodied rig very well. Maybe one day I will find another and build up a trail rig I don't beat the snot out of. I don't know how soon the buggy/juggy swap will start, hell I may backhalf the niner instead of swapping over to something else. Still up in limbo.
Unread 05-27-2014, 04:04 PM   #448
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTChavok View Post
NICE! Love that camper. I really don't want to get rid of the ZJ. I've always been a grand guy and love them but the trails we run don't exactly treat a full bodied rig very well. Maybe one day I will find another and build up a trail rig I don't beat the snot out of. I don't know how soon the buggy/juggy swap will start, hell I may backhalf the niner instead of swapping over to something else. Still up in limbo.
Dove nose and chop the rear past the doors and make is a dove (tail?)

I feel you on the width, even here its alot of tree dodging trails..

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #449
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Got a lead on a TJ thats currently on tons and coilovers, decent cage. Hes pulling all the drivetrain/suspension/seats etc to go to a buggy and I am going to try to get the chassis from him. Won't be for a little while though till he tears into it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.