UTChavok's build thread. - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > UTChavok's build thread.

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani

Unread 07-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #421
PeteNnewburg
1995 ZJ 

Yeh looks like alignment issue's at minimum. I'd give that corner a tug or two.

'89 F150, 4" Rancho
PeteNnewburg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #422
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

I need to win the freaking lottery or something... maybe getting out of college and getting a real job would suffice but GOD this jeep is milking me. I was just outside taking measurements trying to figure out how to mount a sway bar up front and looked down and thought my u joint looked a little funny on the passenger side. The outer shaft is broken off in the hub. I haven't put it in 4 since I broke the driver side shaft so I guess I took them both out then. I guess all my money that I was gonna use for the bumper, new rear shocks, and the speedway engineering sway bar is gonna go to getting the other 3 chromo shafts.
UTChavok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #423
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

better start buyin lotto tickets!! Atleast the front end looks decent now, and not like a car fresh out of a wreckn, but that will change on the first wheelin trip out with it like that.

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #424
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

got my blingin nitro 300m u joint and yukon chromo stub shafts in.

Unread 07-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #425
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Paint those shafts if you don't want them to rust! Mine are ugly as **** now!!

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #426
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I never knew you had a build thread on here.

I read a thread on pirate a while back that revealed the nitro joints to be 4340 chromolly, not 300m. They are still strong though, they are the same design as old style longfield u joints. I bought some used yukon super joints cheap for my HP44 build, otherwise I probably would've bought the nitros.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #427
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Thanks for clarifying that. I wonder why they still advertise them as 300m. I picked them up for cheap, not much more than 2 spicer joints so I jumped on it. Wasn't even gonna worry about getting beefed up ones until I saw this deal.
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #428
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Went to Gulches OHV park for our first club trip. Had a great time, broke a few parts. Threw a U joint in my rear driveshaft and wallowed the CV out. My driver door latch ripped out of the door so gotta figure that one out. Some pulley up front is ticking like a boss now, might be my power steering pump. Gotta take a stethoscope and see which ones making the racket. And when I drove back in front dig after taking the rear shaft out something was clunking like mad and it varied with the throttle. Well see what happens, might just rebuild my tcase since my rear driveshafts out.

Check out some of the videos we got. Didn't get many pictures. If you haven't subscribed to our YouTube page I would appreciate it!

Unread 09-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #429
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Didn't happen to get a video of me busting my rear axle on shipwreck did you?
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #430
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

I don't think so. I got one of you with the winch cable out. I think Casey and someone else was filming too, they might of gotten it. I thought you broke the driveshaft?
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #431
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTChavok View Post
I don't think so. I got one of you with the winch cable out. I think Casey and someone else was filming too, they might of gotten it. I thought you broke the driveshaft?
I did, but only because the truss bent and shot the pinion up so high that it bound up the driveshaft and broke the straps on the u joint. Didn't notice until later.
Unread 09-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #432
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I did, but only because the truss bent and shot the pinion up so high that it bound up the driveshaft and broke the straps on the u joint. Didn't notice until later.

Ouch.. not such a cheap fix now.
Unread 10-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #433
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

I swear my Jeeps back there somewhere

Unread 10-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #434
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

You jeep photo bombed hahahah
Unread 11-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #435
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Got the main foundation of my bumper done. I'm still debating how to wrap it around the side, and how much sheet metal I'm going to cut out. Contemplating cutting a lot of it out and plating back in. I have so many cracks in the rear of the unibody by the liftgate.

Started with a piece of 4x4 1/4 wall, wanted 3/16s but went by out steel place 3 different times after they told me they had it in stock so just got fed up and grabbed 1/4. Its a heavy biatch. Cut out the ends to bend them in.

Painted up on the Jeep

It has three 1/2 grade 8 bolts in the stock trailer hitch locations holding it on. Im going to drill two more holes through the side of the unibody to sandwich it vertically too. Yesterday I took apart the 8.8 to replace outer axle seals. I love having C clips and having to take the aussie locker out just to change seals. Got it all done in an hr and a half, feel like I'm getting a little better at taking everything apart on the Jeep quickly.

Anyone else going to RBD??? Leaving next Friday and am super pumped. Got to build my tcase skid, replace rear coil posts, fix a leaking water pump, find doors, and a few other things before the trip so Ill be busting butt on this guy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.