UK WG build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > UK WG build

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #16
-Shoey-
2003 KJ Liberty 

Nice work!

USN Jeep Club #115
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #17
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

Front arms & disco's now fitted, lift all round is 3.5" with the help of some spacers. Decided to get some IRO 4" springs & new shocks asap. Handling on the road is much improved with all the new arms, bushes must have been feeling thier 220k miles on the original arms.

Flex is limited by my shocks (only for a 2" lift) and lack of front propshaft, will fit that tomorrow.

1999 4litre WG Limited, 4"f-4.5"r IRO springs, IRO front long arms, IRO adjustable rear a-arm & LCAs, IRO adjustable RHD trackbar, XJ 242 transfer case, 3.91 Diesel Quadradrive axles, 235-85-16 Grabber AT2's Build thread

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

Previous Jeeps - 8 XJs, an MJ, a WJ, a TJ & a KJ

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
offroading.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #18
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

The Grand is getting spoilt this month, treated it to a TB spacer & TB rebore today. IRO don't list thier TB spacer as fitting the WJ but I thought I would give it a try.

First of rebore the tapered TB to match the spacer, there was a handy line of crud marking out where to bore out to, did so using abrasive flap wheels on a drill.

Spacer stopping me dropping crap in the manifold

strip off all the sensors from the TB and remove the throttle butterfly, DON'T bore out where the butterfly sits.

spacer fitted

I bent back the cable bracket to take the new slack out of the cables, this is the before shot:

The airbox is a VERY tight fit, I may need to trim the sound deadening material if it works the airbox loose, it clears the hoses though.

All done, it JUST touches the sound material on the bonnet, may need trimming.

Just need a longer bolt and a tube spacer to be able to bolt up the side bracket on the airbox

Just been for a drive out & that worked well, much better pickup & more power under 2500rpm. Off on my usual long run to work monday so will see if it makes a difference to the MPG

1999 4litre WG Limited, 4"f-4.5"r IRO springs, IRO front long arms, IRO adjustable rear a-arm & LCAs, IRO adjustable RHD trackbar, XJ 242 transfer case, 3.91 Diesel Quadradrive axles, 235-85-16 Grabber AT2's Build thread

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
Unread 08-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #19
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

IRO DC propshaft fitted today

Oil seal, along side new crush sleave (& old), bearing & washer

all assembled ready for the yoke

Torqued up with a breaker bar & pipe spanner against the LCA.

Once the play in the pinion is taken up be very careful with torquing up, I went from 5lb/in rotational force to 20lb/in in 1/8th of a turn of the nut.

This was bought years ago at an auto jumble, first time I have used it, being 3/8th drive I had to put a bolt through my 1/2" socket and use a smalled socket on the bolt as my 3/8th sockects are way too small

DC prop all fitted up

getting slight vibe around 50 mph so need to dial in my pinion angle tomorrow

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
Unread 08-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #20
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

Update on my flex now I am 4wd again, all on my personal tunnel rti ramp

my old XJ with 3"

my current spec WJ in 2WD

and now in 4wd

Happy bunny, one slight problem is the front spring fell out I will make up some spring retainers to hold them top & bottom. Oh and I have never been so far up my ramp, I managed to ground my front bumper/fog lights, new Iceland Offroad bumper is on the cards

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
Unread 08-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #21
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

Well the 4x4 fun didn't last too long. When I got my diesel axles fitted a while back there was a fair bit of whine from the front end, I put this down to the CV shaft & lift. When I did the pinion I found a fair bit of rusty sludge in the bearings & they were feeling pretty worn. I did a "put it back together & fingers crossed" thing but the front end lasted about a week before the noise got too much & it started vibrating. So a new axle has been found.

Just cleaned up the spring mounts, what a bad design for attracting rust! Given them a good dose of rust eating paint, may do the rest of the axle when it is fitted up.

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
Unread 08-29-2011, 11:54 PM   #22
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Nicely built! I would love to get my hands on some of those IRO parts. Also, jealous of the 3.91 axles!!
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #23
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

axle fitted up, off to the local garage to get the pinion seals on both axles swapped out, don't have time to do it myself at the moment.

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
Unread 09-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #24
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

Back 4x4'ing again. The jeep has been to a dealer for the first time in years, strangely they were the cheapest quote to swap out the front & rear pinion seals, change the axle & TC oils and fit my prop.
Still trying to dial in my pinion angle correctly, thing I will have to buy a digital level as using my android phone doesn't seem to be working too well.

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
Unread 09-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #25
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

First day offroading with the IRO setup, front spring fell out

Ran the rest of the day with the disco's refitted. At least the bump stops are correct for my tyres
THis is where I refitted the spring, had to get a friend of..ermm..."larger frame" to stand on the rear bumper & I lifted the front bumper so we could pop the spring back in

The vari-lok's performed faultlessly, drove everywhere a TJ on 33's did without getting stuck, needed to back out and have a run at a few mud holes but considering I am on 31" ATs I was very happy. Ordering 32"s next week

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
Unread 09-14-2011, 05:55 AM   #26
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

Well I got lucky with the Tevez brakes I had on mine, 220k miles without any of the issues with sticking & warping rotors then overnight they start playing up
A new box of goodies just arrived, off to fit them in a bit

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
Unread 09-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #27
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

Old Tevez ones:

Shiney Akebono ones:

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
Unread 09-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #28
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

New boots have arrived, actually measure 31.75"

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
Unread 09-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #29
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

Gone back to the Jeep 7.5" wide alloys, putting 235's on the 8" steels would have been difficult.

Before:

After:

Now I am on 6" backspace wheels the front arches aren't rubbing like they were with the 4.5"bs wheels, no arch cutting yet, but will do some flexing & see if they rub anywhere.

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
Unread 09-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #30
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

great build man!!
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.