TX-WJ's build thread. - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > TX-WJ's build thread.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #76
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
I'm loving those pics. The 44's are awesome, but the sparks flying are even more awesome. Was it the wife taking the snapshots? What kind of camera did she have? Man, you have the WJ I'd want if I had a WJ. I envy you guys that have such building skills. Maybe when I'm 40 if I dedicate every day of my life from this point forward to learning. LOL Good luck with your build. I keep watching and am always surprised. You've kept busy.
Thanks, camera is canon SD800 IS point n shoot, so nothing fancy, just set a long exposure time to capture the sparks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by spife7980 View Post
man this is turning out to be some pretty beautiful craftsmanship. i say to run 37s if you think youre up to it. it would be alot of work on top of what youre doing id imagine with regearing and all that but youve already come this far so why not go ahead and do it? axles are already out siting and waiting to be regeared. then a little trimming and bump stopping if necessary and youd be set.
Yeah, the issue with the 37s is more like I may be pushing the limits of the 44s, but I think I'll wind up crhomo'd anyways so might as well.... we'll see, may just go for 4.88s gears instead of 5.13s to keep the pinion at a decent size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shoey- View Post
I agree with Spife. Awesome work man. Now hurry the hell up.
Thanks, I'm trying to get this moving .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKzj52 View Post
dude, this is freakin awesome
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas WJ View Post
Looking good man.
Thanks bud, I'll be calling you to play with the grands once I'm up n running again.

TX-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #77
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

Some brown truck love today ; $144 for both, shipped.

Unread 08-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #78
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

Great work so far man can't wait to see the final stages !!! ..... I will get my jk 44's some day !!!
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #79
Jones
Consider the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
Great work so far man can't wait to see the final stages !!! ..... I will get my jk 44's some day !!!
They aren't worth the price anymore. TX-WJ got them when they were cheaper.
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #80
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
They aren't worth the price anymore. TX-WJ got them when they were cheaper.
Yeah very true ... im waiting for one of our local guys to throw d60's into his jk rubicon so I can have his axles
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #81
SaturnICL
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Yeah very true ... im waiting for one of our local guys to throw d60's into his jk rubicon so I can have his axles
Cashmoney bent his front and it is at Trent Fab getting Rockcrusher 60's front and rear. Derick and Lisa said the front rub axle is prone to bending and breakage.
SaturnICL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #82
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnICL View Post
Cashmoney bent his front and it is at Trent Fab getting Rockcrusher 60's front and rear. Derick and Lisa said the front rub axle is prone to bending and breakage.
Were they sleeved n trussed / gusseted though?, what size meats were they running...... curious

2004 WJ Ltd. (steel blue pearlcoat)
4.7, 242 HD swap, 6" Clayton's, 35" BFG KM2s, F/R chromo'd JK Rubi D44s
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:54 PM   #83
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

What !! humm maybe I can get them for free and try and fix them lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-WJ View Post
Were they sleeved n trussed / gusseted though?, what size meats were they running...... curious
to my knowledge no they were not sleeved or trussed ... but they were geared and running on some 37 KM2s
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #84
SaturnICL
1999 WJ 

No they have been factory. And the one I sighted is a 08' JK Rub with a 4" lift and MTR kevlar 37's

The extra you have put into yours should do the trick. The only other thing is they tend to loose the caps on the short shaft u joint. (didn't see if you changed the axles)
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #85
SaturnICL
1999 WJ 

Quote:
What !! humm maybe I can get them for free and try and fix them lol

to my knowledge no they were not sleeved or trussed ... but they were geared and running on some 37 KM2s
He had the rear for sale bout two weeks ago on R4x4.
Unread 08-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #86
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnICL View Post
No they have been factory. And the one I sighted is a 08' JK Rub with a 4" lift and MTR kevlar 37's

The extra you have put into yours should do the trick. The only other thing is they tend to loose the caps on the short shaft u joint. (didn't see if you changed the axles)
Yeah, I've seen that; imma tack the caps to the ears on the stub shafts till I can save up for chromos/CVs then use the stock for spares.
Unread 08-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #87
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

Score! ; went to my local 4WP store to get me an XRC8; paid for it then guy comes back from warehouse and says "sorry, system said we had one in stock, but we don't, only two XRC10s and one XRC12 back there....." so we are about to cancel the CC transaction, manager comes and says..."you sure you don't want a 10 for the same price? ($299+tax)"......... me: .

Unread 08-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #88
SaturnICL
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-WJ View Post
Score! ; went to my local 4WP store to get me an XRC8; paid for it then guy comes back from warehouse and says "sorry, system said we had one in stock, but we don't, only two XRC10s and one XRC12 back there....." so we are about to cancel the CC transaction, manager comes and says..."you sure you don't want a 10 for the same price? ($299+tax)"......... me: .

O-O-O Go do it again for me
Unread 08-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #89
Jones
Consider the following...

You scored on that one for sure! This thing is coming together nicely.
Unread 09-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #90
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

I cannot compliment Greg and LSR enough for the craftmanship on this thing; pics of what FedEx freight brought home today. I had them body color match the bumper and the fairlead/D-rings are powder coated graphite to keep the same color theme I have going on so far. Worth every penny fo shoo!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.