Got a chance to work on the Jeep this weekend, and decided to take care of the washer bottle issue as I get ready to move bigger; went ahead and "downgraded" to a ZJ bottle, found one off a '98 for like $18 on flebay, came with level sensor and pumps; opted to use the WJ's sensor and pumps so I did not have to mess with the connectors, just plug and play; I made room behind the stock airbox next to the master cylinder, minimal trimming was needed to the ZJ bottle's mounting tabs to clear the hood strut and that vacuum solenoid looking thing (whatever that is ) which was relocated forward (see pics). Overall, things went pretty well, happy with the result, almost OEM'ish; just took some time to fit things in there so the hood would clear.
Out with the Old: (Ye ole swan).
In with the "older"
2004 WJ Ltd. (steel blue pearlcoat)
4.7, 242 HD swap, 6" Clayton's, 35" BFG KM2s, F/R chromo'd JK Rubi D44s
Dunno, but the parts continue to pile up, waited quite a while for the rear JK swap bracket kit from clayton's, but I'm glad I waited, just got them last week, they look very well designed and pure beef as anticipated, plus I got a pretty good $ deal on them as first costumer for the kit, so can't complain . Got the steering for the front almost figured out now, still need to source new pinion yokes........ so hopefully I'll make it to GSW next year .
OK, so then started thinking on going bigger (it's like a disease ), and considered getting 4" teraflex coils to run 33 MTs, but then the axles became the weak link as I knew eventually I would want 35s, so the next phase started, and the brown truck paid me a few vitis.
Hobart handler 210 (disregard the niteshades can LOL, that's for a different project).
Need I say anything?
JK Rubi 44s FTMFW!
Rubi 44's, and a english bull terrier....we got alot in common dude
Started to work on the front axle today; drained diff, pulled brakes, shafts and knuckles; now to get it cleaned up in preparation for:
- Inner sleeves (Off Road Evolution)
- Weld axle tubes to diff housing
- Tack weld u-joint caps on axle shafts (till I can ponny up for chromollys )
- RockKrawler truss for long axle tube
- Gusset axle C's (ORE's)
- HD relocating track bar bracket (Polyperformance) to match plans for high steer drag link
- Drill out / add insert to pass. knuckle in preparation for high steer
- Upgrade to stronger BJ's (having a hard time finding aftermarket ones)
- HD diff cover
- Swap JK style pinion flange to a U-joint style yoke
- Weld on LCA bracket skids (OREs) and strenghtening inserts (Clayton's)
- Coat knuckles, color TBD.....Red maybe
Most of the parts for the front axle build already piled up somewhere in the garage .
Well damn it, you need to hurry up. I can't wait to see it with some 35's!
Yah, me too, I feel bad enough just firing up the WJ in the driveway once a week, I really need to speed up the build and swap these puppies so I can take it out again; it's just been hard the past few months with work, wife expecting our third child, and life in general; at least I got off my butt today and gave things a little boost .
OK, so my JK rubi axles have an '08 build date, and AFAIK, the failures noted where the pass. tube fractured was reported on the '07s; but I sure did not want to take any chances, so I got some sleeves for the axle tubes and the RK truss; I went with the OR-Evo's sleeves as they have an outer seal with built in grease zerks.
It was quite tedious drilling all those holes (like 15 total), but otherwise, pretty straightforward job; talk about beef