TX-WJ's build thread. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > TX-WJ's build thread.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-16-2009, 01:47 AM   #31
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

OK, so then started thinking on going bigger (it's like a disease ), and considered getting 4" teraflex coils to run 33 MTs, but then the axles became the weak link as I knew eventually I would want 35s, so the next phase started, and the brown truck paid me a few vitis.

Hobart handler 210 (disregard the niteshades can LOL, that's for a different project).

Need I say anything?

JK Rubi 44s FTMFW!

Last edited by TX-WJ; 05-16-2009 at 10:33 PM..
TX-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #32
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Are these things you actually have? I again ask where the heck do you get your money?!

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #33
tennesseewj
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
Are these things you actually have? I again ask where the heck do you get your money?!
Must have a sugar momma
Originally Posted by Sporer65 View Post
You need to learn, there are 3 things that all JF members must like beside Jeeps:
(1) Guns (2) Women (3) Bacon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
I was bored so I forded the river. No oxen were lost.
tennesseewj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #34
EvilWJ02
2002 WJ 

Good lookin jeep man, cant wait to see more, keep it coming
Unread 05-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #35
Jones
Consider the following...

How much did you pay for your JK axles? Just trying to see if that has a chance of fitting into my budget.
Unread 05-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #36
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-WJ View Post
JK Rubi 44s FTMFW!

..... EFFFFFF UUUUU ....

jk can't wait to see it all finished up ... and x2 on how much were the axles ..
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #37
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

where are you located so i can come rob you. j/k j/k i wish i had a sugar momma i hate riding stock.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #38
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
..... EFFFFFF UUUUU ....

jk can't wait to see it all finished up ... and x2 on how much were the axles ..
I love you too .

Sugar momma you'all are killing me, I wish.... you guys know how it works, "work hard, play hard" .

I got the axles back in October, right before the price spike and the shortage on the front ones; paid close to $3.2Gs for both. I can't believe they been sitting in the garage for so long now , for many reasons the project slowed down quite a bit since then, but trying to get it up to speed again.

2004 WJ Ltd. (steel blue pearlcoat)
4.7, 242 HD swap, 6" Clayton's, 35" BFG KM2s, F/R chromo'd JK Rubi D44s
Unread 05-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #39
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Sure you don't have a suga momma. Hey, you spent half of what my Jeep cost me total just on axles. You've got mula. I work, but I haven't money like that. I can't wait to see them installed.

Unread 05-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #40
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

PLAYAAHHH!!
Seriously... how much $$$ for THAT? I think my 35s have seen their last summer.
rooster51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 11:35 PM   #41
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

OK, so pretty close to the present now; in December '08 my club had the last trip for the year over at Cline's, and I must have gotten a little carried away and pushed the dubjay a little too much, taking some lines that I would have normally bypassed; guess the JKs sitting at home gave me tha little extra confidence ; some resulting carnage took place: Hit the rad support a few times with some bending (no biggie though); wheels got some rockrash ; rear driver's fender partly bent/pulled out (the front part of it); but the worst part was I snapped the driver's axle shaft on the D44a with a resulting backslide against a rockwall leading to a big dent to the quarter panel / broken glass....

Since then, the bleeding Jeep has been sitting in the garage awaiting for the neverending little odds and ends to be worked out so I can swap axles and git'er moving again.

The front part of the fender close to the pinch weld got pulled out some and was cutting on the tire a bit:

The rad support: (in this pic it seems I'm really toe'd out, but I am not , I checked!)

The worst part FML!!!:

Unread 05-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #42
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

The only good result of the carnage was that I was out of a daily driver; and since no daily driver = no going to work = no milk and shoes for "the suga' momma", the financial advisor gave the approval for a replacement DD.... my new baby, and big part of the reason the WJ project slowed down; now I'm torn between lifting the WJ and tuning the Audi .

: (Sorry, these are the only pics of the A4 I'll post in this thread). I got my fast back

Unread 05-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #43
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

So you were awing us with the beauty of your WJ just to work up to the point where you beat her up? The poor girl. No more neglecting her. Go fix her up. You've got the axles. Man though, to be serious here, I'd have cried right then and there if I were you. The day I got on a trail, the trees closing in on me, and it was really too tight for a ZJ, maybe okay for a Wrangler, I really scratched up my Jeep. I was feeling bad then. But you did quite a number on yours. I feel for you. It's a terrible thing to see that happen to your baby. How'd you get it home?

Wait, your WJ has the HO V8, doesn't it? That's not fast? I guess not in comparison. But if you an afford that Audi, you really must have a sugar mamma! Why not give me your WJ and the new JK axles since you've a new DD? I'll take them off your hands...

Unread 05-21-2009, 11:47 PM   #44
Posers

Ill buy the axles from you, and get them installed in less than a week. Might take me longer to pay for them though.
Unread 05-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #45
Airbird
2004 WJ 

Great build very inspiring!
Airbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.