Tuglife's WJ Overland Expedition Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Tuglife's WJ Overland Expedition Build

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 04-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #61
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Soo the group buy with Don from Pixel decals fell through but he was more than helpful and I wholly recommend him for any vinyl decal needs.

Another JF member PinePig has been working on the blackout hood decal for me and a few other people who seem interested. A lot of great looking ideas so far just waiting for a final mockup from him. Here is the thread again if anyones interested.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...decal-1187156/

Really looking forward to seeing how this comes out. Looking at a matte black decal in two or three pieces with Overland in gloss black letters going up and down either side.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit
tuglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #62
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Finally got my wheels finished and mounted!! Look great I'm psyched with the outcome.
Had a little impromptu parking lot jamboree the other day in Harrisburg PA on the way to deliver my chrome rogues I sold to a guy from NY. Came out of the pharmacy and was wedged in-between a stock ZJ and WJ. Thought it was kind of funny.

image-3606226024.jpg   image-1087654246.jpg   image-1756118966.jpg   image-3600982658.jpg   image-2554958464.jpg  

4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #63
tuglife
2004 WJ 

It took 2 months of forum and CL listing and lots of correspondence but I finally got $750 for the 5 best Chrome Rogues I had on my Overland. I still have one left I'm asking $100 for. It's pretty worn with some corrosion on the outer lip causing a slight bulge in the chrome cladding in one spot , little haziness and brake dust on the chrome, and no centercap. Still looks okay , no peeling or flaking, and the corrosion can be sanded off completely w/ a little elbow grease and patience. Would be a good cheap spare or match to already worn rims.

image-4103495380.jpg   image-3895109829.jpg   image-689522550.jpg   image-1147350094.jpg   image-1378387763.jpg  

Unread 04-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #64
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Looky what I got coming in the mail!!! Been debating/fantasizing about doing this for a while so I actually bucked up and bought a pair off Craigslist. $100, not cheap but that seems to be the going rate for these nowadays. Paint is faded and sun beaten but would've sanded and painted it to match my black trim anyways so no biggie. Otherwise in perfect condition. I've checked out 00JGC00's write up and the Burnsville offroad page for install tips. Their write ups on Pontiac vents are helpful however there seems to be no detailed info on an actual 5.9 vent install on a WJ. I'll make sure to take lots of pics for everyone. I'm planning on putting these as far forward and to the sides as possible without compromising the hoods structural integrity. I'm going for the same setup that Adam Sycz has on his Awesome yellow WJ. I hope I've really got the balls to cut into my beautiful hood.

BTW - My girlfriend is from Russia and she tells me that I'm turning my Jeep into a "Gopnick car". Gopnick: imagine the Russian version of a guy who'd own a ricer, track suit, gold jewelry. Lol

image-4274345515.jpg   image-1514842671.jpg   image-602880779.jpg   image-2338925470.jpg   image-4011491106.jpg  

Unread 04-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #65
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Oh, also grabbing this on the way home from 3 weeks at sea. I know lots of folks aren't fond of them because of approach angles and the lack of "real" protection. I however had one on my old ZJ and it served me well. Hit a dear and had it definitely save my bumper and grill. Also rear ended a CRV on an on ramp at slow speeds(she started then stopped on the ramp for no reason while I was looking back to see that there was no traffic coming at all so I let off the brake) that time it hit her spare and saved both our cars. Only pushed the bar into my bumper slightly, would have been costly without it. I've already got a small crack in the front fascia from the idiots in my neighborhood who can't parallel park without ramming the car behind them. So for this reason it will be pretty invaluable. I wanna mount Hella black magics on it but again the parallel parking situation will most likely trash them in a few months. Might just cut the light tabs off. It mounts under the bumper where the front skid attaches so I can keep my front tow hooks which was a huge factor in choosing front end protection. I can always resell it if I decide it's not for me but I feel it'll look great with the black and silver.

Still looking for someone to trade me their Laredo black housings for my excellent condition chrome Overland headlights.

image-1189312778.jpg  
Unread 04-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #66
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

Not going to lie tug I'm jealous of the vents. I've been on the hunt for some time now but there so darn pricey. Looks like I'm going to have to man up and spend the $$. I look forward to your install and the hood blackouts being done!
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #67
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9
Not going to lie tug I'm jealous of the vents. I've been on the hunt for some time now but there so darn pricey. Looks like I'm going to have to man up and spend the $$. I look forward to your install and the hood blackouts being done!
Thanks. Yeah I've been looking around a while for some incredible deal on the vents but it just doesn't exist. Unless you wanna spend every weekend in a junkyard hoping to get lucky $100 is what they cost. Still eager for the hood blackout but looks like the process may take a little while. Oh well, it's about as frivolous a mod as I've considered so I'm in no rush.

Unread 04-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #68
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

I think we will hear from him in the next few days. I think he said he was headed to moab for the EJS. He seems like a man of his word.
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #69
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9
I think we will hear from him in the next few days. I think he said he was headed to moab for the EJS. He seems like a man of his word.
Yeah he does. I'm eager to see the mockups. His designs look great.

Unread 06-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #70
tuglife
2004 WJ 

So no real jeep progress as of late. Changed my oil and filter which were well overdue. Went with castrol synth-blend and purolator filter. Gave me a scare when I saw the new filter was almost twice as long as the one already on there. Seemed to fit fine though and the p/n was PL30001 which should be right. Drove my future mother in law about 1200 miles all over the NE sightseeing on her visit from Russia and the Jeep did great! Also threw the canoe up there for a Susquehanna river trip and got her a little muddy.

image-4200057032.jpg   image-939797262.jpg   image-2144198743.jpg   image-4226367025.jpg  
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:36 AM   #71
Nitro4

Tuglife, your jeeP is my inspiration. I love it!
Nitro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #72
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro4
Tuglife, your jeeP is my inspiration. I love it!
Thanks! Moving slow but starting to get close to where I want it. Lots of little cosmetic odds and ends on the list but I'm happy so far.

Unread 07-26-2011, 02:35 AM   #73
Nitro4

I have a silver 04 overland. And your pictures are what I'm aiming at for mine! Maybe not lifted as high but close!
Unread 07-26-2011, 02:51 AM   #74
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro4
I have a silver 04 overland. And your pictures are what I'm aiming at for mine! Maybe not lifted as high but close!
Sweet! Nice to see another Overlander. I love mine. It's really not that much of a lift either. Just a hair over 2". I think it's the perfect height for a WJ. Not blatantly obvious like a 4-6" rockcrawler rig, just enough to give it a tougher more aggressive stance and fit 31"s underneath comfortably. It looks like the way they should've come stock if Jeep wasn't worried about the soccer mom market. All I did was springs and shocks so I'm not into it for an arm and a leg too which is nice. Rides awesome too, so glad I didn't mess around with a budget boost like I originally planned. I'm totally satisfied. Just want to do some more blacking out of the shiny bits and still have the hood vents to install when I find the time and courage.

Unread 07-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #75
Nitro4

Oh! I thought it had a 4 inch kit on it. I was just gonna aim for 31s and a 3 inch. And those hood vents at def cool. But I'm to scared to cut into my hood lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.