Tuglife's WJ Overland Expedition Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Tuglife's WJ Overland Expedition Build

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #46
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJHype
I'm not exciting sure who's WJ it was, but someone here had custom made black emblems made for their WJ to take the place of the OEM chrome finished ones. I think it would looks great on your WJ with the black grill and new wheels. I'm going to try and find the build thread.
Awesome thanks! Yeah I saw a guy with a crazy modded Overland in Mexico I think on some website way back. He replaced all his badges with similar stick on letters in a slightly different font. Same size and characteristics 3 dimensional and chrome. they actually looked factory like some kind of special edition badging. He even changed the side "grand Cherokee" to "overland". Looked incredible. Wish I could find the site and figure out where he got those letters. Now that would stand out!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit
tuglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #47
tuglife
2004 WJ 

The last of my "mansaughtering out" will be

V3 projectors. Wish there were more options for WJ's out there. I'd prefer a black housing projector with a little less bling similar to what 04 Landrover Discoveries have or Laredo housings but these don't look bad with amber LEDs instead of white on the corners.

Black projector fog light that'll match the headlights incredibly I think and I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone running them together.

Tinted tail lights. I didn't like the look of this mod at first but leaving the reverse light untinted will look great on a black and silver scheme WJ IMHO. And compared to the smoked black LED ones I like which run upwards of $180 on eBay they are def the better option. (pics from other JF members, thanks)

Smoked 3rd brake light. I originally planned on buying one of these black LED ones from eBay but once again the money saved tinting them way outweighs any styling difference. Don't need an Altezza ricer WJ just want a sleek uniform color scheme and styling. Considering taping off a jeep logo like some guys have done. Looks pretty cool to me.

Oh and some front window tint. Not sure what MDs laws are but not going crazy just enough to make it look uniform.

image-3488646482.jpg   image-133612915.png   image-1567217633.jpg   image-1811176770.jpg   image-2190690065.jpg  

image-513210805.png   image-3830543340.jpg  
4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit
Unread 03-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #48
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Found the guy in Mexico with the overland letters. Sick WJ, not my style but incredible that it was the same as mine stock.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/295607...grand-cherokee

He's got over 500 comments and always replies so I'll start reading to see if someone asked about the lettering.

image-3192119018.jpg   image-468659179.jpg   image-3563837974.jpg  
Unread 03-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #49
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

not liking his front bumper everything else looks good
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #50
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo21 View Post
not liking his front bumper everything else looks good
i'm not a fan of that style headlights or bumper either... but i do like that lettering... i wish somebody make QUALITY replacement decals.... i'd love to change the chrome ones to black
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #51
WJHype
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjeeplovesmud

i'm not a fan of that style headlights or bumper either... but i do like that lettering... i wish somebody make QUALITY replacement decals.... i'd love to change the chrome ones to black
I have the same color WJ as you, I can't decide if black emblems would look good or not. I kinda like my chrome finished badges. I would definitely get some black badges.

Unread 03-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #52
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJHype

I have the same color WJ as you, I can't decide if black emblems would look good or not. I kinda like my chrome finished badges. I would definitely get some black badges.

I personally think the bright metallic silver is the WJ that chrome looks best on. It's just not my thing. If you're dechroming I say do it but if you're keeping chrome trim I wouldn't go black.

Unread 03-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #53
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjeeplovesmud

Yeah that bumper is pretty hideous and the whole thing isn't my taste but I can appreciate the look he was going for and the work it must have took. I never liked those V1 projectors. The V3 is a little better to me. Just wish there were more options. I'd love something like black laredos retrofitted for hid projectors.

The lettering is badass but being in Mexico who knows where he got them. Looks like I've got some googling ahead. Seen a few guys replace the badges with black decals but I prefer the 3D ones. I've got no hesitations about sanding self etching primer and painting the badges since they're not gonna take any abuse the finish should last fine.

Unread 03-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #54
theksmith
2003 WJ 

http://www.zzpdecals.com/3d_chrome_lettering.htm
theksmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #55
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith
You Rock!

Unread 03-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #56
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I like the front bumper and grill, it has a good street look to it. It isn't an offroad bumper by any means, but it would make a good DD.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 03:10 AM   #57
tuglife
2004 WJ 

For you guys looking for black decal badges.

http://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/inde...path=36&page=1

Trying to work out a WJ blackout hood decal with him but he needs 6 to justify cost. Offered to set me up a group buy but I doubt I'll find 5 more interested people. Prob have to go another route.
Unread 03-28-2011, 04:37 AM   #58
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

i might be in depending on price and how they end up looking
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #59
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo21
i might be in depending on price and how they end up looking
Hey Apollo looks like we've got 5 people including you and I interested as of now. Only posted the idea yesterday. Here's my thread about it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...decal-1187156/

Unread 03-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #60
smunns

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuglife View Post
For you guys looking for black decal badges.

http://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/inde...path=36&page=1

Trying to work out a WJ blackout hood decal with him but he needs 6 to justify cost. Offered to set me up a group buy but I doubt I'll find 5 more interested people. Prob have to go another route.
Depending on the cost I would be interested. I was actually going to email Don about it.
smunns is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.