"transmission Overheat" light comes on and wont start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > "transmission Overheat" light comes on and wont start

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 05-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Brad2807

"transmission Overheat" light comes on and wont start

My 2007 Jeep Laredo Transmission overheat light comes on (after sitting all night) and wont start. The engine doesn't try to turn over. This isn't the first time this has occurred. In the past, they jeep will start after a few hours of sitting. Any ideas how to fix to start the car? And Yes I have checked all the fluids.

Brad2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
Brettp12

Grand cherokee will not start - transmission overheat

I have the exact same problem. Intermittent. The transmission control module, battery, starter, door locking module have all been replaced. It just did it again yesterday. Will not turn over, transmission overheat coming up on in screen display, door locks not working correctly and I could not trip the alarm. had to be towed to jeep dealership. Any advice?
Brettp12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.