Transmission cooling line leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Transmission cooling line leak

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
nicolev1213
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Transmission cooling line leak

I have 1998 jeep grand cherokee limited 5.9. Found a fluid leak in my cooling line under my jeep, near the frame. Can I cut 6 inches of the line and just replace the portion i cut? Its a straight line, not near the elbows. If so, what do i replace it with and how do i seal it? Also, if i cut the line, will the pressure be off as long as my vehicle is off? Do i need to drain any fluid before i begin the repair?

Thanks,
Single mom fixing my jeep. l

nicolev1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

any auto parts store will sell transmission line, usually a few bucks a foot. slide enough of the new line over the old so you can put 2 hose clamps on each end. did mine this way when i installed a new transmission cooler and it hasnt leaked a drop.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.